A History Of Violence

rushgoober

Not my favorite David Cronenberg movie (only because he's done so many great ones), but still an excellent movie. Be careful though for those too young or too squeamish as there is a LOT of sex, language and especially violence. It's not the kind of movie I usually like per se, one with intense violence, but when in the hands of David Cronenberg and not done in excess just for style (see Tarantino), it works very well with the story.

David Cronenberg is a messed up director, responsible for some truly fantastic dark movies like Crash (not the recent Crash), Naked Lunch and Existenz, not to mention movies like The Dead Zone, The Fly and Scanners as well.

Anyway, this one is highly recommended - it's a very clear story, great acting, some great twists and it's got Cronenberg's typical edginess, even if it isn't quite as weird a story as some of the material he's tackled.

Edited by rushgoober

I don't know about anywhere else, but here in the UK it seemed to be one that slipped in under the radar. I went to see it with my wife because we've both a lot of respect for both Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris and the chance of seeing the two of them together was too good to miss.

Needless to say, I wasn't disapointed and thouroughly enjoyed every minute of the film. Certainly one that I'd recommend

Watched this one tonight. I enjoyed it very much. Story was good. Acting was good. Ending was the weak spot. Could have been done better, but overall, this was one of the better flicks I've seen in a while.

Bumping an ancient thread here. They've been playing this on movie channels this month and what a fantastic movie. Got my wife to watch it this morning and, once she got past the occasional intense violence, she really enjoyed the story. This one is really under the radar. Great writing, acting, and a very unique story. Love viggo and Maria bello in it. Great performances from both. Any other fans?

Bumping an ancient thread here. They've been playing this on movie channels this month and what a fantastic movie. Got my wife to watch it this morning and, once she got past the occasional intense violence, she really enjoyed the story. This one is really under the radar. Great writing, acting, and a very unique story. Love viggo and Maria bello in it. Great performances from both. Any other fans?

Excellent film. William Hurt almost stole the show. His portrayal of the sociopathic older brother was brilliant.