Bauhaus

pixey

I have noticed that there are a few Bauhaus fans here! WOOHOO! I figured we should have a thread for them.

Been a fan since 1984 and never have stopped listening to them. Sadly I have never seen them in concert and I don't know when I will. Thy are going on tour with NIN but are not coming anywhere near me. Everytime they came around before something always happened to prevent me seeing them.

It is hard to decide on one song to pick as my favorite as there are so many great ones. Right now listening to Third Uncle, what an awesome song!

YEAH - a Bauhaus fan -

I've had the pleasure of seeing them 3 times - once in the eighties, back in 98' and in december 05' in san diego - IN 05'they played a three song set at the coachellla festival in indio california, i wasn't there but i saw pictures of Peter's entrance - their opening song was Bela' and he was suspended upside down from the scaffolding - they lowered him slowly, while he wore a bat cape with his arms were spread - he sang the whole song like that -

In san Diego i was surprised to see the diversity among the fans - 50% older fans and 50% younger crowd seeing them for the first time - i had the good fortune of being in the front row right in front of Peter - at the end of the show Peter handed me his set list - That was cool, but the man next to me got daniel ash's long coat -

Saw peter murphy solo last april in san diego - amazed at how many loyal fans he has -

Who's your favorite band member?

Dont have a favorite member, just love the band. Surprisingly I didnt care for Love and Rockets and Peter solo. Its the whole package.

Trawling through The Music of The Spheres when i noticed your thread - must admit that i'm not a great fan - the cover of Ziggy really wound me up when it first came out...BUT and there's ALWAYS at least one BUT...i'm getting together some music suitable for this years All Hallows Eve bash at my home and stumbled across Bela Lagosi's Dead. A title to stir the interest of anybody i would have thought - my friend downloaded it for me and i love it!!

Maybe a bit to long to inflict on my guests on the night - some are still in shock from last years Type O Negative feast that i had them listening to! - but excellent stuff!

Any other recommendations from their back catalogue??

I had backstage passes to the Coachella festival last year, i was unfortunate enough to see Bauhaus. They were all spectacle and nothing else. They couldnt play worth a shit. Just a nasty old man prancing around like he thought he had a sexy body. Maybe i should listen to Bauhaus back in the day, but what i saw was shit. I dont even like coldplay that much and was like...okay when are these guys done..so coldplay cand comeone and play. Also, bauhaus fans are damn annoying, you should of seen how many were pushing and being little bitches when bauhaus came on.

The post i made above was a little harh, i really shouldnt judge Bauhaus. Ive never heard there studio (or when they were in there prime)..but what i saw live was terrible. just some flabby old men wearing tight running around..it was quite gross. The playing was horrible, but again i think im going to buy one of there cds and give them a chance. Can ne one suggest an album i should start on?

i'm seeing them next month with NIN, though i'm a little mixed about it. they're the openers so i'm sure they won't get that many songs, and i really really dislike bela lugosi's dead immensely. i know it practically wrote the goth bible, but it just does nothing for me

but i do like other bauhaus - i'm a much bigger fan of love and rockets and peter's solo stuff - so i'm hoping that there's a good mix to what they play, and not just 20 minutes of noise.

i think i'm wearing this shirt to the show

I would suggest Swing The Heartache the BBC Sessions, that will give you the best indicator of them. I have a concert video from long ago and they were really good. Besides Bela I really love Shes in Parties, a God In An Alcove, Hollow Hills, Double Dare, Silent Hedges and Swing The Heartache.

If you go to YouTube they have tons of videos of Bauhaus.

QUOTE (2112Zoso @ May 11 2006, 12:41 AM)
The post i made above was a little harh, i really shouldnt judge Bauhaus. Ive never heard there studio (or when they were in there prime)..but what i saw live was terrible. just some flabby old men wearing tight running around..it was quite gross. The playing was horrible, but again i think im going to buy one of there cds and give them a chance. Can ne one suggest an album i should start on?

Bauhaus are classic.

Yeah, they're old now, but so are the Stones.

Don't matter how you look--it's the sound man.

Without them there wouldn't be a

Nine Inch Nails or a Jane's Addiction,

Franz Ferdinand, et al.

Hell, Bowie endorses them.

Anyhow, I'd go with the Peel sessions for listening.

Archived