Batman Sequel News

kazzman

Well, it appears that Chris Nolan will be returning to direct. Thank God.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Thursday, Septmeber 8, 2005 - 6:21 AM, 7:08 PM CST: Hey y'all, Jett here. I received an email today that confirmed to me that Mr. Nolan will be directing the BATMAN BEGINS sequel after his next film. The latter he is prepping as we speak.

1022.gif cool10.gif 653.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif common001.gif cheer.gif applaudit.gif boarder.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2005, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 13 2005, 05:06 AM)
Will Christian Bale play Bruce/Batman again?

Most definitely yes.gif

If he doesn't they shouldn't do it.

Besides the campiness which took over after the first two movies the last two IMO might have been alittle better had Keaton stuck with it.

Who knows he might have made them rewrite the scripts a few times.

But now BALE=Batman!

He pay both the Bruce Wayne and Batman part perfectly

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Sep 13 2005, 08:11 AM)

Most definitely yes.gif

Besides the campiness which took over after the first two movies the last two IMO might have been alittle better had Keaton stuck with it.

But now BALE=Batman!

biggrin.gif

Pretty sure it was announced that all the major players will return with the exception of Katie Holmes...and of course Liam who was killed off...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2005, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Sep 13 2005, 08:11 AM)

Most definitely yes.gif

But now BALE=Batman!

biggrin.gif

Pretty sure it was announced that all the major players will return with the exception of Katie Holmes...and of course Liam who was killed off...

Well, they did sign Bale, Micheal Caine and Gary Oldman for three films...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2005, 08:24 AM)

Starting to see a trend in Liam Neeson's films..

Liam: "So you're saying I'll be playing a solid character that starts a series of films but gets killed off in the first one? Sign me up!"

QUOTE (Schro @ Sep 14 2005, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2005, 08:24 AM)

Starting to see a trend in Liam Neeson's films..

Liam: "So you're saying I'll be playing a solid character that starts a series of films but gets killed off in the first one? Sign me up!"

Not to be too much of a fanboy here but RA'S AL GHUL will be back.

Just needs a dip in the Lazarus Pit. biggrin.gif

I finally saw Batman Begins at the bargain matinee yesterday.

I just knew it would be good with Christian Bale but it was even better than expected.

It was so nice to see a true-blue adaptation of the comic without all the campy nonsense. It makes me almost ashamed that I wasted my money and time to see the other ones.

I think that a sequel to this would be a great idea. Bale was awesome, and so was Gary Oldham as Gordon. Oldham usually plays smarmy, weasely characters and I was really impressed by his Gordon. Heck, he even looked like him.

I hope they do make this a film and I hope Bale signs on for it. He's a perfect Batman.

Edited by war2112

I've yet to see Batman Begins. But it was mentioned that The Joker was mentioned in this movie. If The Joker is in the sequel, does anyone think Jack Nicholson would be approached to play him again or do they just get a younger actor to play him? Jack has such a way with that character.

QUOTE (tst4eko @ Sep 24 2005, 08:59 AM)
I've yet to see Batman Begins.  But it was mentioned that The Joker was mentioned in this movie.  If The Joker is in the sequel, does anyone think Jack Nicholson would be approached to play him again or do they just get a younger actor to play him?  Jack has such a way with that character.

Nope, no Nicholson. The latest buzz is that Lachey Hulme and Paul Bettany are the two frontrunners for the role.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

If The Joker is in the sequel, does anyone think Jack Nicholson would be approached to play him again or do they just get a younger actor to play him?

Why approach an actor who's nearing 70 to play a character in his late 20's/early 30's?

Jack has such a way with that character.

And yet he wasn't playing the Joker at all. He was just playing Jack Nicholson in white makeup and green hair dye.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 25 2005, 09:57 AM)
If The Joker is in the sequel, does anyone think Jack Nicholson would be approached to play him again or do they just get a younger actor to play him?

Why approach an actor who's nearing 70 to play a character in his late 20's/early 30's?

And yet he wasn't playing the Joker at all. He was just playing Jack Nicholson in white makeup and green hair dye.

True. He did a very good rendition of 'Tim Burton Joker' though.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 24 2005, 08:08 PM)

Wow... i almost passed out but finally someone proved they actually READ BATMAN. When Test said that Liam was killed in the first movie, i about died, but thankfully batman straightened him out. THEN when someone posted about NICHOLSON having played Joker well.... ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! And seriously... what the hell does "he played Tim Burton's Joker well" mean??? There is no Tim Burton's Joker. There is JOKER. That is all. The best writer in the world can't begin to work for DC and f**k with the JOKER. This is what made the films blow. Fist off, the films were always about the VILLIANS. Batman was secondary to the bad guys and that's just wrong. But the portrayal of all the villians were also campy and a joke. NO PUN INTENDED. While i admire Nicholson in just about everything he's ever played, i could kill him for his "twist" on the JOKER. He was PATHETIC and anyone who thinks otherwise has NEVER read Batman, or if they have, they don't get it at all. This is not an opinion either folks. READ THE KILLING JOKE or DEATH IN THE FAMILY. In some strange way Ceasar Romero may have actually done more justice to THE JOKER than Nicholson did because he actually conveyed the insanity that drives him. The best portrayal yet has been the voice work of Mark Hamill in the animated series. Sorry to come off as a Batman snob, but that's what I am. I have been disgusted to no end by the horrible mishandling of such an amazing character and it was with shock and joy that i finally saw a version that was about as perfect as a movie adaptation can be with BATMAN BEGINS. Bale is PERFECT. The only thing he needs to do is work on Batman's feeling of uncomfortableness as BRUCE. The essence of the character is that he IS BATMAN. Bruce is the false face. This is why he is so different than Superman in that at the end of the day, Supes is always Clark Kent. Batman is always Batman. Bruce is as much of a "character" as Matches Malone is. If Christian can somehow nail that part of the character he'll solidify his post as the greatest Batman EVER.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 29 2005, 10:22 AM)

Wow... i almost passed out but finally someone proved they actually READ BATMAN. When Test said that Liam was killed in the first movie, i about died, but thankfully batman straightened him out. THEN when someone posted about NICHOLSON having played Joker well.... ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! And seriously... what the hell does "he played Tim Burton's Joker well" mean??? There is no Tim Burton's Joker. There is JOKER. That is all. The best writer in the world can't begin to work for DC and f**k with the JOKER. This is what made the films blow. Fist off, the films were always about the VILLIANS. Batman was secondary to the bad guys and that's just wrong. But the portrayal of all the villians were also campy and a joke. NO PUN INTENDED. While i admire Nicholson in just about everything he's ever played, i could kill him for his "twist" on the JOKER. He was PATHETIC and anyone who thinks otherwise has NEVER read Batman, or if they have, they don't get it at all. This is not an opinion either folks. READ THE KILLING JOKE or DEATH IN THE FAMILY. In some strange way Ceasar Romero may have actually done more justice to THE JOKER than Nicholson did because he actually conveyed the insanity that drives him. The best portrayal yet has been the voice work of Mark Hamill in the animated series. Sorry to come off as a Batman snob, but that's what I am. I have been disgusted to no end by the horrible mishandling of such an amazing character and it was with shock and joy that i finally saw a version that was about as perfect as a movie adaptation can be with BATMAN BEGINS. Bale is PERFECT. The only thing he needs to do is work on Batman's feeling of uncomfortableness as BRUCE. The essence of the character is that he IS BATMAN. Bruce is the false face. This is why he is so different than Superman in that at the end of the day, Supes is always Clark Kent. Batman is always Batman. Bruce is as much of a "character" as Matches Malone is. If Christian can somehow nail that part of the character he'll solidify his post as the greatest Batman EVER.

Didn't think I'd upset anyone with a "Tim Burton's Joker" comment...I guess I did. For one thing, it's a movie ADAPTATION. I said 'Burton's Joker' because he himself was once quoted as saying he never really read the comics. So I was meaning to state that his 'Joker' was not the DC comics Joker. Yes, they're completely different. So I said what I said. If you look at other comic books that turned into movies, I can't think of any that was completely true to the magazine. That being said, it also doesn't mean that they weren't enjoyable.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 29 2005, 07:19 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 29 2005, 10:22 AM)

Didn't think I'd upset anyone with a "Tim Burton's Joker" comment...I guess I did. For one thing, it's a movie ADAPTATION. I said 'Burton's Joker' because he himself was once quoted as saying he never really read the comics. So I was meaning to state that his 'Joker' was not the DC comics Joker. Yes, they're completely different. So I said what I said. If you look at other comic books that turned into movies, I can't think of any that was completely true to the magazine. That being said, it also doesn't mean that they weren't enjoyable.

i wasn't upset. trust me. i've been arguing about how disgusting the portrayal of the joker was for so long that i'm basically numb to it. sorry if i came off upset. I understand that it was Burton's adaptation, but just the fact that he didn't read any of the comics is exactly what disgusts me. I hope you understand what i mean. Some of these hollywood idiots, especially JOEL SHUMACHER, think they can just put their "artistic" twist on a legendary icon like BATMAN or any of the members of his universe. It disgusts me to no end that DC and Warner Bros allowd this. I never thought i would see a movie that involved BATMAN AND ARNOLD SHWARZENEGGER and be disgusted, but i wanted to walk out of that movie as soon as the BAT CREDIT CARD was pulled out. I had hoped that after the success of Burton's Batman, that Batman's darkness would be accepted and he wouldn't be relegated back to the campiness that defined him in the sixties and seventies. I am sorry i take this too seriously. I get into comics and their adaptations far too much and from a totally different perspective of most fan boys. I love the psychology of them and BATMAN is the ultimate in a psychological case book study. To be turned into a joke by hollywood really gets my tights in a bunch. You are a Ghost Rider fan, i would assume, as am I. I believe that Nick Cage will do justice to the character because he IS a fan and he HAS READ the books. He may not look perfect, but he has the respect for the character that is needed to do a great comic character justice. I HOPE. Again... my apologies if my typed words made you feel that i was upset. Definitely not.

Man, no apology needed. I wasn't upset. I thought you were that's all.

By the way, I chose 'JohnnyBlaze' mostly for the Rush reference to GR. But I do like the character of course. As for Cage, I used to like him (Raising Arizona and earlier). I'm not sure how that flick will be but you're right, it's great that he likes comics and that character. He's sure to try his best and handle the role with the utmost respect. If you didn't know already, Nic took his name from Luke Cage. Now that's a character that needs to be adapted for the screen.

Oh, Schlongmacher was the worst thing that could ever happen to Batman (and for comic book adaptations).

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 29 2005, 07:06 PM)
Man, no apology needed. I wasn't upset. I thought you were that's all.

By the way, I chose 'JohnnyBlaze' mostly for the Rush reference to GR. But I do like the character of course. As for Cage, I used to like him (Raising Arizona and earlier). I'm not sure how that flick will be but you're right, it's great that he likes comics and that character. He's sure to try his best and handle the role with the utmost respect. If you didn't know already, Nic took his name from Luke Cage. Now that's a character that needs to be adapted for the screen.

Oh, Schlongmacher was the worst thing that could ever happen to Batman (and for comic book adaptations).

trink39.gif