Yes tour 2016

custom55

I don't get the dislike for Davison. If I had his voice and had a chance to play with these guys, I'm all in.

I think Jon Davison has a beautiful voice and is the perfect replacement for Anderson. Perfect stand in.

Now, would I prefer Anderson? Yes. But he's now with his own band and doing his own thing.

I guess I get the disdain, as I could see if Rush were to try and perform without Geddy Lee. I could never accept a replacement.

It was easy with Yes.

They have not been relevant for a long time and frankly the addition of Davison was the smart thing to do.

Not to mention Davison is very humble, I think and knows who he is and who he is supposed to sound like. I like the guy, yet know nothing about him.

Lets say my gut tells me he is Okay.

Edited by John V
  • Like 2

I don't get the dislike for Davison. If I had his voice and had a chance to play with these guys, I'm all in.

I think Jon Davison has a beautiful voice and is the perfect replacement for Anderson. Perfect stand in.

Now, would I prefer Anderson? Yes. But he's now with his own band and doing his own thing.

I guess I get the disdain, as I could see if Rush were to try and perform without Geddy Lee. I could never accept a replacement.

It was easy with Yes.

They have not been relevant for a long time and frankly the addition of Davison was the smart thing to do.

Not to mention Davison is very humble, I think and knows who he is and who he is supposed to sound like. I like the guy, yet know nothing about him.

Lets say my gut tells me he is Okay.

You're right :) I actually do know Jon personally and he's indeed a humble & very nice person :)

Edited by Catch The Mystery
  • Like 1

I have nothing against the guy. Nothing against Steve Howe, Jon Anderson, et al wanting to tour with whoever they can enjoy doing it with. As long as it's not Axl the kacksel Rose replacing Jon, I'm all good.
  • Like 3

I have nothing against the guy. Nothing against Steve Howe, Jon Anderson, et al wanting to tour with whoever they can enjoy doing it with. As long as it's not Axl the kacksel Rose replacing Jon, I'm all good.

Could you imagine axl rose trying to sing "Turn of the Century"?

I was done with Yes after the 35th anniversary tour.

I think they were done too for that matter.

I was done with Yes after the 35th anniversary tour.

I think they were done too for that matter.

I got lambasted from guy on a FB Yes related page because I think Alan White should hang it up! Sorry..the past two times I saw "Yes" (Howe, Squire, White & Howe, Downes, White) Alan was struggling, and not hitting the mark like used to... The first time, I was just thinking "bad night" the second time was "Alan, please retire".... I'd respect more if they called it a day, and let it go already...

Howe should just do solo tours, he's still at the top of his game, and Downes is playing great as well... Not a fan of Billy Sherwood, and not a huge fan of the singers they've had... yeah they have decent voices...but...

• Like 1

I was at the show in 2005 at MSG when the audience stopped YES from finishing "And You And I" with a standing ovation. Anderson, Howe, Squire, Wakeman and White. Goosebumps moment for sure.

After Jon departed I saw YES with Benoit David and walked out of the show after 20 mins. To me Jon is the heart and soul of YES.

I have seen Jon solo so I will see ARW for sure.

Check out the crowd starting at 2:50

• Like 1