Official The Tea Party Thread

J2112YYZ

The Interzone Mantras hasn't gotten a mention yet but that's my favorite album from them. I know I might go against the grain a bit with the rest of the fanbase but it's an absolutely great, flawless rock album from beginning to end. Overall, I think that album is the peak of the band's songwriting. Everything just came together perfectly on it.

The Interzone Mantras is my favorite Tea Party album as well. There's so much material on that record that really resonates with me, and every song is a good one.

Here's the set from the show I saw on that tour:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-tea-party/2002/sheas-performing-arts-center-buffalo-ny-bd341fa.html

Not sure why Samsara is listed though? I don't recall that being played.

• Like 2

The Interzone Mantras hasn't gotten a mention yet but that's my favorite album from them. I know I might go against the grain a bit with the rest of the fanbase but it's an absolutely great, flawless rock album from beginning to end. Overall, I think that album is the peak of the band's songwriting. Everything just came together perfectly on it.

The Interzone Mantras is my favorite Tea Party album as well. There's so much material on that record that really resonates with me, and every song is a good one.

http://www.setlist.f...ny-bd341fa.html

Awesome set with a hell of an encore. I love their take on Paint It Black.

Yeah, Samsara seems like it would have been out of place in that second slot. Fire in the Head seems much more likely to have occupied that spot.

I love all the Interzone coverage, of course. Did they never play Must Must live though? I know they could play only so much from that one album during the tour, but that song seems like it would've been a good live number.

And not that I've done much searching, but I haven't seen any evidence that they ever played Gyroscope live either. I know Martin has said that it's one of their toughest for him to sing. That song rocks though; it'd be a shame if it was never played during a show.

Edited by Cyclonus X-1

http://www.setlist.f...ny-bd341fa.html

Awesome set with a hell of an encore. I love their take on Paint It Black.

Yeah, Samsara seems like it would have been out of place in that second slot. Fire in the Head seems much more likely to have occupied that spot.

I love all the Interzone coverage, of course. Did they never play Must Must live though? I know they could play only so much from that one album during the tour, but that song seems like it would've been a good live number.

And not that I've done much searching, but I haven't seen any evidence that they ever played Gyroscope live either. I know Martin has said that it's one of their toughest for him to sing. That song rocks though; it'd be a shame if it was never played during a show.

They are known to play some snippets of songs in their sets. So, it's possible they played a part of Samsara and I didn't notice. I remember after Interzone, Jeff welcomed the crowd and thanked them for coming. He then gave a brief intro to Fire In The Head and they started playing it. Everything else in that set is correct though.

I'm not sure about Must Must ever being played. The songs they did off Interzone at my show I think were the main ones they played on that tour.

He looks like Jim Morrison! I was always a fan of the Tea Party. Big fan of the drummer - can't remember his name right now.

The talented Jeff Burrows! :ebert:

Yes! Thank you. He is a great drummer!

• Like 1

He looks like Jim Morrison! I was always a fan of the Tea Party. Big fan of the drummer - can't remember his name right now.

You're welcome! I wholeheartedly agree with you!

You're welcome! I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Yep.

And those two other guys in the band who play 50 instruments each aren't too bad either.

• Like 1

Stupid question: What is TTP's debut album? Is it the self-titled 1991? Or Splendor Solis?

The wikipedia article says the self-titled is a bunch of demos, so I was wondering which one was best to start with.

Stupid question: What is TTP's debut album? Is it the self-titled 1991? Or Splendor Solis?

The wikipedia article says the self-titled is a bunch of demos, so I was wondering which one was best to start with.

I'd start with Splendor Solis. I actually never heard the self titled one but I can't say enough good things about Splendor Solis. I always saw it as their first album myself.

• Like 1

I get a bit of Jim Morrison vibe from the vocalist sometimes...

I really dig this band!

So, do we possibly have another band that you will become obsessed with like only you can? Lol.

Well maybe but they don't have much on Spotify and I have yet to start.

But so far I really like them!

I'd start with Splendor Solis. I actually never heard the self titled one but I can't say enough good things about Splendor Solis. I always saw it as their first album myself.

If we're getting reeeeally persnickety with details, they technically released a demo, then an independent self-titled debut album in 1991, then Splendor Solis. A sufficiently limited number of copies of that self-titled debut were produced that a lot of folks don't know about it and/or consider Splendor Solis to be their debut :huh:

Some of the songs from the self-titled release made it onto Splendor Solis (re-recorded), and the remainder of the album is a bit more blues-rockish.

Since it was so limited, you wouldn't be following a path different from many fans if you started with Splendor Solis only to subsequently get curious and hunt down the self-titled release. :)

• Like 2

I really dig this band!

So, do we possibly have another band that you will become obsessed with like only you can? Lol.

Well, there are other ways to hear albums now besides on Spotify.

I really dig this band!

I know I've just been lazy hahaha

• Like 1

I really dig this band!

I know I've just been lazy hahaha

Well, i'll post another song in hopes that it motivates you.

I love this one. It was written for the band's manger who died of cancer.

• Like 1

Thread bump to remind Segue that he still needs to give this band a proper listen.

I am so hooked on reading I have no time for music. But this band is high on my list of things to do!

• Like 1

I'm an outsider in all this! You've got to be an outsider sometimes though!

We've got room for you, ducky! Would you like to be indoctrinated? (I'm sure Cyclonus will attest to the painlessness of the procedure :smoke: )

• Like 1

I'm an outsider in all this! You've got to be an outsider sometimes though!

We've got room for you, ducky! Would you like to be indoctrinated? (I'm sure Cyclonus will attest to the painlessness of the procedure :smoke: )

I don't think they're the kind of band I'd like! :AlienSmiley: