Cam Newton's Flare - A Nuisance or Justified?

alphseeker

He had a chance to step up and make things right today but double downed on his bitch-ass attitude. I was never going to be a fan since I'm in Tampa but I was beginning to come around to liking him until now. He can throw parties in the sideline in front of the other team every week including selfies and dancing but can't handle hearing a Denver players presser after the game. He is a LOSER and probably always will be. I think the nfl is wishing someone else was mvp right about now. Th nfl and ESPN made this guy and in true media fashion ESPN will now rip him to shreds while the nfl is stuck with his sorry ass.
  • Like 3

He had a chance to step up and make things right today but double downed on his bitch-ass attitude. I was never going to be a fan since I'm in Tampa but I was beginning to come around to liking him until now. He can throw parties in the sideline in front of the other team every week including selfies and dancing but can't handle hearing a Denver players presser after the game. He is a LOSER and probably always will be. I think the nfl is wishing someone else was mvp right about now. Th nfl and ESPN made this guy and in true media fashion ESPN will now rip him to shreds while the NFL is stuck with his sorry ass.

I wonder if the NFL is also second guessing Beyonce's halftime performance giving homage to the Black Panthers?

Cam Newton's 15 minutes of fame will be over soon. The Panthers will most probably not reach the Super Bowl next year. The NFL world will tire of Newton's narcissistic behavior and move on. If Newton's apparent lack of character and sportsmanship is real, then he won't be able to maintain his high level of play, particularly if they start losing games.

The NFL pendulum never stops swinging back and forth. High-class and respectful QB's will again be promoted over the brash, trash-talking type.

Good point about how you never know when the clock starts ticking on a player. Look at Marino. In SB 19, even though the "Fins" got humiliated, it was thought Marino would get a chance to redeem himself. He never did. And his legacy is that of a fantasy football player (before there was such a thing) who never won anything.

Is that better or worse than being known for not winning anything without cheating?

Not that anyone thinks that about Marino except in places where Ted Kennedy is considered a hero.

Oh, and congrats for getting a like from MusicHead. There's something worth being proud of.

I assure you that most people see Marino that way. Rightly.

You get them from LedRush. I'd be more worried about someone of his ilk agreeing with me.

Cam Newton's 15 minutes of fame will be over soon. The Panthers will most probably not reach the Super Bowl next year. The NFL world will tire of Newton's narcissistic behavior and move on. If Newton's apparent lack of character and sportsmanship is real, then he won't be able to maintain his high level of play, particularly if they start losing games.

The NFL pendulum never stops swinging back and forth. High-class and respectful QB's will again be promoted over the brash, trash-talking type.

Good point about how you never know when the clock starts ticking on a player. Look at Marino. In SB 19, even though the "Fins" got humiliated, it was thought Marino would get a chance to redeem himself. He never did. And his legacy is that of a fantasy football player (before there was such a thing) who never won anything.

Is that better or worse than being known for not winning anything without cheating?

Not that anyone thinks that about Marino except in places where Ted Kennedy is considered a hero.

Oh, and congrats for getting a like from MusicHead. There's something worth being proud of.

I assure you that most people see Marino that way. Rightly.

You get them from LedRush. I'd be more worried about someone of his ilk agreeing with me.

Most of the people you interact with think Teddy Kennedy was the "lion of the Senate" so pardon me if I don't give their opinion a whole lot of weight.

Don't worry, someday you'll get someone smart agreeing with you. Until then, enjoy the likes from Mr. Bandwagon.

Hey, at least your boy backed a "winner" tonight. So congrats to you two on that...guess you've got to expect a region where the Patriots are popular would go for Sanders and Trump.

http://i66.tinypic.com/5xrehu.jpg

This was obviously not taken during a game vs the "Legion of Boom"...unless he was ROFL after putting 30+ on them twice.

uhm, yeah the legion of boom kinda fell away in 2014. they did pretty good under some bad personnel and coaching adjustments.

we'll talk next season, in the early fall......