Rivendell from Fly By Night

Thunder Bay Rush

For me Rivendell is a decent, ok, run of the mill song. Nothing I go crazy for, but nothing I dislike either.

I give them credit for trying it and moving on. No problem with it and, for the record, I very much enjoy Tolkien's writing.

Tolkien was a literary master.

Try finding a fantasy successor that lives up to him. Closest I can find is Tad Williams, but even then I have my doubts!

What Rush did with Rivendell is lovely. Far worse music has been released with Tolkien influence.

Agreed that far worse music has been released with a Tolkien influence.

Tad Williams? I went through several of his books some years back. The Dragonsbone Throne?? Something like that. The stories of Memory, Sorrow & Thorn? Something like that if I recall correctly. Correct me if I am wrong. Decent stuff - not great to me.

Best alternative I could find was Robert Jordan (RIP). His Wheel of Time series I loved.

BTW - of Tolkien's work, I liked The Silmarillion the most. Just magnificent. Even better than The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit.

For me Rivendell is a decent, ok, run of the mill song. Nothing I go crazy for, but nothing I dislike either.

I give them credit for trying it and moving on. No problem with it and, for the record, I very much enjoy Tolkien's writing.

Tolkien was a literary master.

Try finding a fantasy successor that lives up to him. Closest I can find is Tad Williams, but even then I have my doubts!

What Rush did with Rivendell is lovely. Far worse music has been released with Tolkien influence.

Agreed that far worse music has been released with a Tolkien influence.

Tad Williams? I went through several of his books some years back. The Dragonsbone Throne?? Something like that. The stories of Memory, Sorrow & Thorn? Something like that if I recall correctly. Correct me if I am wrong. Decent stuff - not great to me.

Best alternative I could find was Robert Jordan (RIP). His Wheel of Time series I loved.

BTW - of Tolkien's work, I liked The Silmarillion the most. Just magnificent. Even better than The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit.

Reported. This should be in Turn the Page.

Thread hijacking is not tolerated around here. :codger: :no: :codger: