Stupidest things about "The Force Awakens" (SPOILERS!)

antiquark

Instead of simply saying "it sucked," I'll give some reasons why it sucked.

- So very many plot holes.

- The Sith Lord weeping like a schoolgirl.

- So many plot points stolen from Ep. IV. The death star, the desert planet, you name it... even the cantina scene!

- The Sith Lord looking like Marilyn Manson.

- Hey lets give the stormtrooper a lightsaber... look, he's almost as good as a Sith Lord!

- Hey lets give this girl a lightsaber... look, she's almost as good as, or better than, a Sith Lord!

- The numerous distracting CG characters. When they show a closeup of a CG character talking, I just start thinking of how unnatural those computer graphics look.

- Somehow the important characters were under-developed. Quick, name that hot-shot Resistance pilot!

- Why didn't Phasma put up any sort of fight when they told her to deactivate the shields.

... plus many others!

• Like 4

Let's answer some of these so we can alllllllll get along:

- So very many plot holes. -Plot holes are helpful for the sequels.

- The Sith Lord weeping like a schoolgirl-- He was a spoiled child who went to the best jedi school in the galaxy. Apparently he got kicked out for something...maybe it was because he was so weepy

- So many plot points stolen from Ep. IV. The death star, the desert planet, you name it... even the cantina scene!--To quote Depeche Mode "people are people". Everyone loves a drink. Bars are common fare in the universe. In terms of planets sharing similar environments, well...I'm not Carl Sagan. As for the Death Star motif, hmmmmm, it doesn't hurt to improve upon something that worked well but had a few flaws. Here on earth we're trying to build a better lightbulb all the time right? Why can't evil people build a better death machine?

- The Sith Lord looking like Marilyn Manson.--Marilyn is scary looking

- Hey lets give the stormtrooper a lightsaber... look, he's almost as good as a Sith Lord!--Aren't all Stormtroopers trained in martial arts and sword fighting? I guess Finn will answer that in episode 8

- Hey lets give this girl a lightsaber... look, she's almost as good as, or better than, a Sith Lord!--She's sweet and hot..that's why

- The numerous distracting CG characters. When they show a closeup of a CG character talking, I just start thinking of how unnatural those computer graphics loook--Yeah but...they got a bunch of other stuff right

- Somehow the important characters were under-developed. Quick, name that hot-shot Resistance pilot!--Poe. His name was Poe.

- Why didn't Phasma put up any sort of fight when they told her to deactivate the shields.--Because she had a Wookie staring her down. It's not wise to upset a wookie

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 4

I too thought there were a lot of similarities drawn from episode IV. I also thought the death star was way better done than the death planet or what ever the hell it was, but I am probably being nostalgic on that one. However it seemed to me the whole hey let's destroy a planet was set up better in IV. I was not unhappy with VII but I do feel the hype exceeded the actual experience of the movie as it played out. But over all I was pleased and looking forward to the next one in 6 months :LOL:

Edit; I just realized I was using the wrong roman numerals :doh:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

I too thought there were a lot of similarities drawn from episode IX. I also thought the death star was way better done than the what ever the hell it was, but I am probably being nostalgic on that one. However it seemed to me the whole hey let's destroy a planet was set up better in IX. I was not in happy with XII but I do feel the hype exceeded the actual experience of the movie as it played out. But over all I was pleased and looking forward to the next one in 6 months :LOL:

• Like 1

From what I understand kylo Ren is not a Sith but a member of a different dark side order called the Knights of Ren but I agree with your post. I've made a few posts in the other thread about my issues with the new movie that have rubbed some of the fanboys the wrong way. Only time will tell but I think that this movie will ultimately be the worst of the new lot. It does things the maligned prequels didn't do a lot of (other than midichlorians) which is rewrite what the original trilogy codified. Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 3

From what I understand kylo Ren is not a Sith but a member of a different dark side order called the Knights of Ren but I agree with your post. I've made a few posts in the other thread about my issues with the new movie that have rubbed some of the fanboys the wrong way. Only time will tell but I think that this movie will ultimately be the worst of the new lot. It does things the maligned prequels didn't do a lot of (other than midichlorians) which is rewrite what the original trilogy codified.

You didn't like the prequels? You'll love this

• Like 2

From what I understand kylo Ren is not a Sith but a member of a different dark side order called the Knights of Ren but I agree with your post. I've made a few posts in the other thread about my issues with the new movie that have rubbed some of the fanboys the wrong way. Only time will tell but I think that this movie will ultimately be the worst of the new lot. It does things the maligned prequels didn't do a lot of (other than midichlorians) which is rewrite what the original trilogy codified.

Great stuff. The prequels are starting to look a lot better though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdS2kCUGvfo&index=40&list=PLACBB157C8DE5B884

Great stuff. The prequels are starting to look a lot better though...

OK here's another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuebj4kVOy4&index=48&list=PLACBB157C8DE5B884

• Like 1

Why did they have to attack that power coupling structure with fighters?

Send in a couple of battle droids with a nuke.

Problem solved.

• Like 2

Why would you expect all plot holes to be solved in the first of what is to be a trilogy? Talk about not being patient and waiting everything now. If they filled all the holes in this movie what is left to be told in the next two?

Kylo isn't a Sith Lord and I don't remember him being called that in the movie. I've only seen it once, so someone can correct me if I wrong and missed it. Kylo is nothing more than a Darth Vader wannabe right now. If he was a true Sith Lord he wouldn't have gotten treated like a bitch in that fight. Furthermore, no real Sith Lord would act the way he did in this film. Vader in the original trilogy is how a Sith Lord acts.

In case you didn't notice, Rey is strong in the force and there is something special about her. Luke's lightsaber is sacred and isn't just gonna call out to anyone. Those reasons and the faults of Kylo that I mentioned, is why she was able to take the fight to him.

As for Finn being able to stand up to Kylo, how much you wanna bet that as a former stormtropper, he has more training in combat and more battle experience than Kylo. I'm betting Finn does.

• Like 6

Why would you expect all plot holes to be solved in the first of what is to be a trilogy? Talk about not being patient and waiting everything now. If they filled all the holes in this movie what is left to be told in the next two?

Kylo isn't a Sith Lord and I don't remember him being called that in the movie. I've only seen it once, so someone can correct me if I wrong and missed it. Kylo is nothing more than a Darth Vader wannabe right now. If he was a true Sith Lord he wouldn't have gotten treated like a bitch in that fight. Furthermore, no real Sith Lord would act the way he did in this film. Vader in the original trilogy is how a Sith Lord acts.

In case you didn't notice, Rey is strong in the force and there is something special about her. Luke's lightsaber is sacred and isn't just gonna call out to anyone. Those reasons and the faults of Kylo that I mentioned, is why she was able to take the fight to him.

As for Finn being able to stand up to Kylo, how much you wanna bet that as a former stormtropper, he has more training in combat and more battle experience than Kylo. I'm betting Finn does.

Well said my man

• Like 2

It's impossible to have a reasonable conversation with some of the force awakens fans. Other people not liking everything about it CAN'T take away from your enjoyment if you don't let it. Finn is established in the movie as a janitor who went into action once and couldn't do the job he was trained for. This is from the movie and is not some theory of what might be true.

Rey might be special. I like the character. Luke needed training to be as effective as she is in combat and Anakin was one of the strongest with the force and couldnt even defeat obi wan. This means they a re setting it up that an untrained Rey is more powerful than Anakin or Luke. Why shouldn't this be questioned now by fans of the series?

• Like 2

Rey might be special. I like the character. Luke needed training to be as effective as she is in combat and Anakin was one of the strongest with the force and couldnt even defeat obi wan. This means they a re setting it up that an untrained Rey is more powerful than Anakin or Luke. Why shouldn't this be questioned now by fans of the series?

Maybe Rey was in that Jedi school and can't remember it? I'm calling it right now

Maybe Rey was in that Jedi school and can't remember it? I'm calling it right now

Maybe she is a reincarnated Yoda. Anyone can make up anything about maybe.

• Like 2

I totally agree with everything except the last paragraph. I thought it was stated that Finn didn't have any battle experience. I thought when he bailed from Stormtrooperhood (when he couldn't execute those civilians) in Force Awakens that THAT was his first experience. No? I may have to watch it again. As I stated in the other thread, "when has a Stormtrooper ever been worth a shit?"..although that might've been Mace Sam Jackson Windu who originally said that. ;)

• Like 2

Maybe she is a reincarnated Yoda. Anyone can make up anything about maybe.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/jwoolfall/buzzkill.jpg

It's impossible to have a reasonable conversation with some of the force awakens fans. Other people not liking everything about it CAN'T take away from your enjoyment if you don't let it. Finn is established in the movie as a janitor who went into action once and couldn't do the job he was trained for. This is from the movie and is not some theory of what might be true.

I think the reason no one is questioning why or how Rey is so powerful without any training is because they know it will be revealed in episode 8 or 9. Like I said, questions need to be left unanswered until the next two films. Be patient with it. We will all get our answers as the story unfolds.

There is a theory that Rey's force powers were unlocked when Kylo was using his to read her mind to learn the whereabouts of Luke. But we don't know for sure yet why she is so strong?