A Farewell To Kings – The 2015 Vinyl Remaster

Scooch

I have almost all the new release vinyls, still waiting on HYF, S&A, PoW, and they really good. I do mainly listen on headphones for a couple reasons. First because my family don't have the same appreciation for my music as I do. Second I have pretty decent speakers with my stereo system but my headphones are actually better at imaging and detail. I have Sennheisers, HD 650 and HD 700 and they were expensive but worth every penny for all that they bring to the music I love. I splurge as much as I can afford on good equipment.

I have the 598's and I couldn't be more happy with them. They are comfortable and even better - they are the best sounding head phones I've ever owned. I realize there are better, but for $140 you can't go wrong :D

Yeah I started out with the HD 595's which are the predecessor of the 598's, a few years back. Loved them since they were the best I had ever own at the time. Once I started upgrading it was hard to go back. I passed those on to my oldest son when I got my 700's for Christmas. They are still being loved. :D You just can't go wrong with Sennheiser. That's good old German engineering there.

A buddy of mine has the 700's. I tried them on and I admit, I heard a difference. I think I will eventually work my way up to them but for the time being my 598's are making me plenty happy. Also, the 700's look very cool.

You're absolutely right - you cannot go wrong with Sennheiser!

Sennheiser is really a revelation when it comes to headphones. I've worn out several since the early 80's.

Currently my fave is the wireless HDR 127.

• Like 2

I have almost all the new release vinyls, still waiting on HYF, S&A, PoW, and they really good. I do mainly listen on headphones for a couple reasons. First because my family don't have the same appreciation for my music as I do. Second I have pretty decent speakers with my stereo system but my headphones are actually better at imaging and detail. I have Sennheisers, HD 650 and HD 700 and they were expensive but worth every penny for all that they bring to the music I love. I splurge as much as I can afford on good equipment.

I have the 598's and I couldn't be more happy with them. They are comfortable and even better - they are the best sounding head phones I've ever owned. I realize there are better, but for $140 you can't go wrong :D

Yeah I started out with the HD 595's which are the predecessor of the 598's, a few years back. Loved them since they were the best I had ever own at the time. Once I started upgrading it was hard to go back. I passed those on to my oldest son when I got my 700's for Christmas. They are still being loved. :D You just can't go wrong with Sennheiser. That's good old German engineering there.

A buddy of mine has the 700's. I tried them on and I admit, I heard a difference. I think I will eventually work my way up to them but for the time being my 598's are making me plenty happy. Also, the 700's look very cool.

You're absolutely right - you cannot go wrong with Sennheiser!

Sennheiser is really a revelation when it comes to headphones. I've worn out several since the early 80's.

Currently my fave is the wireless HDR 127.

LOL! I treat mine like gold so they will last. I have worn out a couple earbuds, but not any of my full size cans. I got the Momentum 2.0 this year also and have switched to them over earbuds now for mobile use. I haven't tried any wireless ones. It is tempting for the lack of hassling with a cord. How is the sound quality compared with wired? Do you use them as your main phones or more for mobile use?

I have bought all the new Rush vinyls, and I even got the old ones (all from Caress Of Steel to Presto). And Im telling you, its a huge difference on most of them! The worst one is probably Test For Echo, which sounds much better on CD! And the best one is probably Moving Pictures, great job with that one!

I even have the sector boxes, but these days I never listen to CDs. I only listen to vinyl, but I say the vinyls is better mixed then the sector boxes.

I cant wait until I get Snakes & Arrows and Feedback, I wanna hear how they sound as well.

I am listening to the reissue of MP right now and wow yeah, they got this one sooo right. :ebert:

• Like 1

I have bought all the new Rush vinyls, and I even got the old ones (all from Caress Of Steel to Presto). And Im telling you, its a huge difference on most of them! The worst one is probably Test For Echo, which sounds much better on CD! And the best one is probably Moving Pictures, great job with that one!

I even have the sector boxes, but these days I never listen to CDs. I only listen to vinyl, but I say the vinyls is better mixed then the sector boxes.

I cant wait until I get Snakes & Arrows and Feedback, I wanna hear how they sound as well.

I am listening to the reissue of MP right now and wow yeah, they got this one sooo right. :ebert:

I know, right?

Good to know. I have some Amazon gift cards and was thinking of getting MP and Signals!

• Like 1

Good to know. I have some Amazon gift cards and was thinking of getting MP and Signals!

The signals one sounds good as well!

• Like 2

:yes:

BTW your sig line picture is the same one I have for my phone wallpaper. :ebert: I love when he jumps like that.

Edited by catherine
  • Like 1

I have a brother who works for Shure, and he sent me a really nice set of headphones this past year. I don't know what model they are in particular, but I'm happy with them. :)

• Like 2

Thanks - happy to hear this. I've always loved Signals, but the mixing kind of diminishes the dynamics. I'm psyched to hear it sounds good! I think I'm going to order it today.

My husband informed me last night that we have here his original Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Supertramp albums from the seventies. I would have to dig them out to see what shape they are in and to see what other albums he has. The only one I ever remember seeing years ago was Saturday Night Fever. When I saw that one, I remember thinking to myself: I married this man???? :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

My husband informed me last night that we have here his original Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Supertramp albums from the seventies. I would have to dig them out to see what shape they are in and to see what other albums he has. The only one I ever remember seeing years ago was Saturday Night Fever. When I saw that one, I remember thinking to myself: I married this man???? :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

My wife and I combined our album collection when we started living together... until I saw she was mixing in the Grease Soundtrack and Sha-Na-Na with my albums by Yes, Rush and Genesis. So now her albums come first, then my collection :P

• Like 1