Finally upgraded to some home entertainment..

djflex

Didn't have a lot to spend but upgraded all. My tv was ancient.

I got a hd tv ( insignia)

Lg sound bar / with sub woofer

Lg dvd/blu ray

For me this was a long overdue step. I played some of R40 last night and was so happy with the sound and picture.

Im gonna starting collecting show dvd and blu rays as budget permits..

I really cant believe i was able to get everything so fairly cheap.

Anyways, no boast thread and I'm sure most of you have better set ups.

I just didnt know where to put this and have been pretty happy all day since setting up last night

• Like 6

Lg dvd/blu ray

For me this was a long overdue step. I played some of R40 last night and was so happy with the sound and picture.

I just didnt know where to put this and have been pretty happy all day since setting up last night

That's awesome, congratulations!

I know how you feel...I just got a couple of Infinity 14" speakers last year- nothing more than that, just a new pair of speakers in my basement- and I've been so happy with how they sound over what I had before that it feels to me like I got a whole new system. :)

• Like 3

Lg dvd/blu ray

I know how you feel, having gone through my Stereo equipment upgrade since the late '70s....First, a Marantz reciever, JBL speakers, LINN SONDEK LP 12 Vinyl record deck, Nakamichi Tape Deck, Mitsubishi Reciever, etc. etc. and my TV finally got 'Big Screen' in 2009, with my current Samsung 51 inch LCD. next will be an LED about the same size....it's a VICIOUS CIRCLE!!! Everyone wants our money. $$$

I finally got a waffle maker! :D-13:

Lol!

Still doing eggo' s here man

LEGGO MY EGGO!!!

I finally got indoor plumbing!!!

:blink: :o Wow...just WOW.....

Lg dvd/blu ray

That's awesome, congratulations!

I know how you feel...I just got a couple of Infinity 14" speakers last year- nothing more than that, just a new pair of speakers in my basement- and I've been so happy with how they sound over what I had before that it feels to me like I got a whole new system. :)

I remember when I got my JBL L-100s....I was BLOWN AWAY by the sound after I hooked those up....still use them for my stereo sound... ;)

• Like 1

Looks like you have a awesome set up now orf...

Mostly its is impressive to know your stuff from the 70 lasted so long. They dont make them like that anymore

• Like 1

Looks like you have a awesome set up now orf...

Mostly its is impressive to know your stuff from the 70 lasted so long. They dont make them like that anymore

LINN SONDEK's are made to...I broke the smoked dust cover, but I have the pieces and plan on epoxien 'em......Otherwise it is still in top form playing wise! I wish I still had this one.......

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/MyStuff-TheJVCBoomBoxfrom79.jpg

My JVC RC-828 boombox I bought in March of '79...excellent travel around recorder (stereo mics) 4 speakers multichannel Tuner.....wow....did I LOVE THIS MACHINE! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by OldRUSHfan

^^^^ classic

THAT it was! I still have parties that I recorded on that on cassette....need to get them on MD.....

Actually, I 'borrowed' it from Darthy.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Movies-%20TV/Movies-StarWarsparodypic.png

• Like 1

Kudos to you for waiting. :ebert: If you had upgraded your TV a few years back, the same units you bought now would have probably cost a heck of a lot more.

Even the cheapest HD TV's and sound systems are far, far better than the old picture tube TV. There really is no comparison. I can't imagine going back to a "primitive" picture tube.......:LOL:

• Like 2

This pic was a godsend! They actually had the same exact type unit in Darth's hand that I had!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Movies-%20TV/Movies-StarWarsparodypic.png