By Tor on All the worlds a stage

Indica

OMFG, I heard this a million times before and just listened to it and, once again, I'm in total awe. If anyone don't have "All the worlds a stage" (God forbid) then I urge you to go buy it right away and listen to By tor and the snow dog. When people ask me what my favorite song from Rush is, I usually stop for a minute, ummmm uhhh, I GUESS, red barchetta. But if you asked me right now, I would say live "By tor" from ATWS. It's perfect, a masterpiece, I hear a little feedback when Geddy comes back in with the vocals after the lead part, and a couple other places but I say it adds character.

As you can tell I like this song a lot, particularly this version!!! Nice and raw.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the stuff that made me a Rush fan in the first place when I was a young kid in the mid to late 70s. WOW.......

Goose bumps as I typed this and listened to it at the same time. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (MrMiltonBanana @ Aug 30 2005, 09:21 PM)
You won't regret buying it.

Nope they wont regret it, this was the 2nd album I ever bought. My first one was "Let there be rock" by AC-DC. It was on sale for $1.99 so I bought it.

Let's face it, you just can't go wrong with ATWAS, it's one of the most blistering live sets I' ve ever heard. And you're right, By-Tor is masterfully done. The opening, "Bastille Day", "Anthem", "In The End" and "Working Man/Finding my way/Drum solo" all just rock out. Great first live release, not a bad song on it.

i am listening to that album as i type. im also watching exit stage left on vhs. has anyone ever notice that it seems that some of the songs are different from the cd and on the movie. especially xanadu. also another weird thing is i have exit stage left on cassette and on cd, and xanadu is spelled"zanadu" on the cassette but not on the cd. i never seen it spelled like this before. i wonder if this is a error on behalf of the company that manafactured the cassette.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Aug 30 2005, 08:27 PM)
i was on that very stage when i went to toronto pretending i was geddy. oh yeah, i was with everyone's pal, MR HOCKEY! cheer.gif

Massey Hall?

I have a vinyl copy of ATWAS only played once to make a cassette. It has been sealed in a plastic sleeve since that day. I have since retired the cassette and now have the CD. And yes, By-Tor on ATWAS rocks!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Aug 30 2005, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Aug 30 2005, 08:27 PM)
i was on that very stage when i went to toronto pretending i was geddy. oh yeah, i was with everyone's pal, MR HOCKEY! cheer.gif

Massey Hall?

yes.gif

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Sep 1 2005, 01:06 AM)
After the VT tour in '02 I saw an old friend and was telling him about seeing Rush. He said, "So did they play anything really old, like By-Tor and the Snowdog?"

I said, "YES!" rofl3.gif

Priceless new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived