New David Bowie Album! Blackstar!

Union 5-3992

On my 3rd listen.

Yup, very good. Critics calling it "jazzy". Critics know shit. There's a few sax breaks in it, whoopee-doo. Not jazzy.

A very progressive art-rock statement though, IMHO.

That's because they found out he was using a few jazz musos for the recording so that automatically makes in jazz in their eyes, but they don't know what jazz is!

• Like 1

http://img.cdn2.wmgecom.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1174/image/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/b/db-vinyl-alllithos_1.jpg

So you have the album and I've not got it????????? :rage:

it showed up in the mail yesterday.

I preordered it from David Bowie's site.

Bowie has done well.

And he did well when he got rid of his ex-wife Angie too, she's 66 but I saw a picture of her today (she's doing some celebrity crap show) and she looks about 96! And Iman looks fuckking hot as fuckk!

Here's Angie today:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/03/14/2FC2702E00000578-3382662-Music_to_our_ears_Producer_David_Gest_will_enter_the_house_this_-m-69_1451830521345.jpg

Jesus Christ Pat! What a train wreck!

69 96

What's the difference?

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Union got me thinking about David Bowie and an Elvis song, so I started looking into it a bit and found this from a recent Telegraph article...

Does Elvis's song Black Star hold the key to Bowie's final album?

In 1960, Elvis Presley recorded a country-tinged song called Black Star. It was intended to be the title track for a film, but when the film's title changed to Flaming Star, Presley's song was ditched and wasn't released until the Nineties.

Black Star's lyrics are particularly telling:

"Every man has a black star

A black star over his shoulder

And when a man sees his black star

He knows his time, his time has come"

"Black star don't shine on me, black star

Black star keep behind me, black star

There's a lot of livin' I gotta do

Give me time to make a few dreams come true, black star."

Bowie always cited Elvis as an influence, but was particularly fascinated by the fact The King shared his birthday, January 8 – the release date for Blackstar.

In an interview with Q in 1997 Bowie said of the date: "I was absolutely mesmerised by it. I couldn't believe it. He was a major hero of mine. And I was probably stupid enough to believe that having the same birthday as him actually meant something."