Another 300 (leftovers from your top album list etc)

New_World_Man

This seems fair to me. I'm starting an extra 300 list mainly for those who didn't get to post all they wanted to. Anyone can participate but I'm asking that those who contributed heavily in the last 40 albums of the 500 list to take it easy and either just post one or two for the next 40 or so. I only got to post one in the last 40 or so. Anyway, I am tweaking the rules a bit here. Please wait 8 albums(instead of 10)so if you post number 150 wait until 158 to post again. Thanks. Also, please list band name first then album.

1. Led Zeppelin- same (New_World_Man)

Not much to say about this other than it started the ball rolling and is a landmark album in the development of heavy metal.

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 3

I've got a few that I was saving that didn't make the Top 500 ( that should have )

First up:

3. Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Lucas)

Phil and Gary Moore finally do a proper Thin Lizzy album together - the title track cannot be beat

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

So goose I take it you think it's better to post the band name second? I can change the first one but for self titled albums it looks better if the band name comes first so maybe an exception can be made just for those. Any thoughts?

I actually have plenty left in the tank. Will post whenever my turn is whenever that is... :blink:

I'm not going to enforce anything other than the 8 album rule but I suggest those who posted a lot in the last 30 of the first list way until we get to about number 20 to make it fair. If you just can't wait then add 8 after the first post. I don't want this to be too complicated just trying to give a chance for folks like me who missed a lot of the last part of the last list.

So goose I take it you think it's better to post the band name second? I can change the first one but for self titled albums it looks better if the band name comes first so maybe an exception can be made just for those. Any thoughts?

I'll be honest I couldn't tell you on his post which was the band and which was the title. Nothing against the post but my knowledge is incredibly narrow... :sigh:

I actually have plenty left in the tank. Will post whenever my turn is whenever that is... :blink:

I'm not going to enforce anything other than the 8 album rule but I suggest those who posted a lot in the last 30 of the first list way until we get to about number 20 to make it fair. If you just can't wait then add 8 after the first post. I don't want this to be too complicated just trying to give a chance for folks like me who missed a lot of the last part of the last list.

I'll wait. Doesn't matter to me...

Unless anyone really objects and preferably more than one objection I'd like to keep it as band name first then title. It seems like it was an issue on the first list which is why I decided to change that here.

5. David Gilmour- Live at Gdansk

I wanted to post this last thread but ran out of time. One of the all time great live albums, Imo

Edited by djflex

Thoughts? If an album is self titled which should come first...?

:laughing guy:

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

4. REM - Green

I lost my spine I lost my orange crush

The end of the glory days IMO New Adventures is the next great one. Out of Time and AFTP are very good but their sound changed substantially and it feels like a different band. Or maybe hey just got sick of their sound. The last album was very good as well.

• Like 2

501. Led Zeppelin - Same (New_World_Man)

5022. Natural History - Talk Talk (goose)

503. Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Lucas)

504. REM - Green (laughedatbytime)

505. David Gilmour- Live at Gdansk (djflex)

Edited by New_World_Man

Thoughts? If an album is self titled which should come first...?

:laughing guy:

The band's name should always come first. I already stated this but again I think it's easier for self titled albums in particular. So you just put something like Rush- same this way we know we are referring to the album of the same name. That's just an example since that album has already been taken. I don't want any albums from the previous list. I know maybe that's obvious but what would be the point of repeating stuff deliberately?

Also, I know there was a band called Talk talk but I didn't want to assume that's what you were referring to. I never heard of a band called Natural History. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist though. ;)

1. Led Zeppelin - Same (New_World_Man)

2. Natural History - Talk Talk (goose)

3. Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Lucas)

4. REM - Green (laughedatbytime)

5. David Gilmour- Live at Gdansk (djflex)

6. Diamond Dogs - David Bowie (Self-Indulgence)

Earl Slick - Guitar, Aynsley Dunbar - Drums. And great Bowie album from 1974.

• Like 1

I forgot that these should start with 501 since it's technically a continuation of the first list. Sorry about that folks.

501. Led Zeppelin - Same (New_World_Man)

5022. Natural History - Talk Talk (goose)

503. Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Lucas)

504. REM - Green (laughedatbytime)

505. David Gilmour- Live at Gdansk (djflex)

506. Diamond Dogs - David Bowie (Self-Indulgence)

• Like 1