We're Putting It To Bed

Geddy's Soul Patch

Which Decade?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which decade is Permanent Waves from?

I'll report back in the morning. :)

He's got to sleep on it, huh?

He's not home right now and, by the time he gets home, i will be logged off for the night. :)

I wonder what he'll say.... :unsure:

I hope he doesn't make a mountain out of a molehill of a question. :eyeroll: He has a tendency to create more trouble or problems than need be. :sigh:

• Like 1

I'll ask my husband.

He's Norwegian and knows everything. :eh:

I'll bet he doesn't know that Neil wasn't the first drummer.

I'll ask my husband.

He didn't. i told him that last Sunday, then we discussed how John Rutsey must have felt the rest of his life. Finally, my husband says: Who knows? Maybe with John Rutsey, they would never have made it big, so he wouldn't have missed out on anything.

• Like 2

I'll ask my husband.

Wait . . . what?

• Like 1

I'll ask my husband.

He didn't. i told him that last Sunday, then we discussed how John Rutsey must have felt the rest of his life. Finally, my husband says: Who knows? Maybe with John Rutsey, they would never have made it big, so he wouldn't have missed out on anything.

He sounds very wise . . . not as mad as you've made him out to be in the past.

I'll ask my husband.

Yeah, well - you live with him for six months then check back. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I'll ask my husband.

Yeah, well - you live with him for six months then check back. :ph34r:

I'll ask my wife if it's okay.

• Like 2

I'll ask my husband.

That's pretty much what Alex said. They probably would have just stayed a bar band.

• Like 1

I did my homework assignment and survived the answer to be able to post it here.

I hope you are all ready.

The question i asked: An album is recorded during 1979 and released on January 1, 1980 - what decade does it belong to - seventies or eighties?

His answer: If a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around, does it make a sound?

Edited by Lorraine

I did my homework assignment and survived the answer to be able to post it here.

I hope you are all ready.

The question i asked: An album is recorded during 1979 and released on January 1, 1980 - what decade does it belong to - seventies or eighties?

His answer: If a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around, does it make a sound?

That settles it then! 1970s!

• Like 2

Then he gave me a spiel on the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law.

Is that anything like the difference between the letters of the radio vs. the spirit of the radio?

D'oh! Curse these slow fingers; I wasn't fast enough.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

His point was (I think :wacko: ) that just because it was released in 1980 doesn't mean it belongs to that decade.

Finally, he asked if the band ever weighed in on this all important question, and said that whatever they say should settle the matter once and for all.

His point was (I think :wacko: ) that just because it was released in 1980 doesn't mean it belongs to that decade.

Finally, he asked if the band ever weighed in on this all important question, and said that whatever they say should settle the matter once and for all.

Or, maybe he meant that if the public didn't hear it until the 80s - which was Savage's argument, I believe - it didn't exist? I hope not. I like your interpretation better. Even if the majority of the public didn't hear the tree fall in 1979, the birds and squirrels did - not to mention those who wielded the axes (axes in this case meaning guitars).

• Like 1

Or, maybe he meant that if the public didn't hear it until the 80s - which was Savage's argument, I believe - it didn't exist? I hope not. I like your interpretation better. Even if the majority of the public didn't hear the tree fall in 1979, the birds and squirrels did - not to mention those who wielded the axes (axes in this case meaning guitars).

He did think the album belongs to the eighties.

Then he asked me which album I was talking about. Why he asked, I don't know. It's not like he can name even one. Anyway, I told him. Then he asked what songs are on the album. :eh: Seem what i mean by exasperating? :smash:

• Like 2

I think you should get your husband to sign up for TRF account. He doesn't have to like or even know much about Rush. He could just, you know, weigh in every once in a while with some great Zen. Norwegian Zen.
  • Like 2

I think you should get your husband to sign up for TRF account. He doesn't have to like or even know much about Rush. He could just, you know, weigh in every once in a while with some great Zen. Norwegian Zen.

Great band name

Personally, I think it was a significant departure musically than anything else recorded in the 70's by the band, and so I would consider it an 80's album. Edited by AnEggplant
  • Like 3