Who's listening to Caress of Steel right now??? Who's with me??

treeduck

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

http://static.stereogum.com/blogs.dir/2/files/2014/06/CaressOfSteel.jpg

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 4

I would love to, however I am watching dust collect on my Clockwork Angels CD.

Have to have priorities in this world.

• Like 3

Go measure the dust pile. I'm wondering how high it is by now.

CA has it's own room. It is highly advisable to wear proper safety gear, a hazmat suit and mask when inspecting it.

It is buried under 3 inches of asbestos. As indicated here.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/Kitchen-Redo-020_zpsxkk1ka4v.jpg

• Like 2

Go measure the dust pile. I'm wondering how high it is by now.

CA has it's own room. It is highly advisable to wear proper safety gear, a hazmat suit and mask when inspecting it.

It is buried under 3 inches of asbestos. As indicated here.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/Kitchen-Redo-020_zpsxkk1ka4v.jpg

Don't forget your glow-in-the-dark goggles.

• Like 1

I'm listening to the Fountain of Lamneth now. The song always makes me laugh.

I'm up to that one now too!

I'm listening to it right now, too- in my mind.

"I live from breath to breath"...

This guitar solo is epic!

I wonder why Lifeson seems unable to create great guitar solos since the mid 80's? :huh: (Apart from one or two)

Don't ask me. I've wondered the same thing. Not sure if he got lazy or just burned himself out early.

It's like his tone and his balls went after years of playing like The Edge. There's none of that great ballsy sustain he used to have in his solos since 1985 or so, and little of the melodic content.

I wonder why Lifeson seems unable to create great guitar solos since the mid 80's? :huh: (Apart from one or two)

Don't ask me. I've wondered the same thing. Not sure if he got lazy or just burned himself out early.

It's like his tone and his balls went after years of playing like The Edge. There's none of that great ballsy sustain he used to have in his solos since 1985 or so, and little of the melodic content.

According to my untrained ears, he reached his peak with Hemispheres and sustained that level for a few years, more or less. After that, it became hit and miss.

According to my untrained ears, he reached his peak with Hemispheres and sustained that level for a few years, more or less. After that, it became hit and miss.

It's when he started the new wave style, he played like that from about 1984 to about 1992 and when he tried to play in more of a hard rock style on Counterparts and Test For Echo, it didn't quite happen, it's like he forgot how to do it. He couldn't quite shake the new wave malaise. Even a good solo like on Cut to the Chase is still more of a new wave solo.

• Like 1