2015-2016 College Football thread

Aikenrooster

Knew ISU was gonna be on there as soon as I saw Indiana and Kansas.

LABT and I can rejoice that basketball season is kicking into gear now though :sundog:

LABT is busy following the Dolphins.

Snicker.

Knew ISU was gonna be on there as soon as I saw Indiana and Kansas.

LABT and I can rejoice that basketball season is kicking into gear now though :sundog:

LABT is busy following the Dolphins.

Snicker.

WTF is someone from New England doing in a college football thread?

It strikes me as funny that someone who complains about alleged cheating by sports teams so often and loudly is unmoved by college "students" of questionable academic accomplishment receiving an "education" for free.

There's a search engine in this forum Consider using it. For example, type Calipari into the box. Or Sampson. Or Rupp.

While there isn't college football in the Kennedy state there was a marginal college basketball presence at one point at BC. You may remember the point shaving scandal there a few years ago. And I believe there was a 30 for 30 on Chris Herren about the BC hoop team...is that the kind of student of questionable academic accomplishments you're referring to?

You could have saved keystrokes by just saying, "I don't care that kids who don't belong in college go for free just to win games."

But that wouldn't be accurate, as you would have known if you'd done the research. Just more reasons that Massachusetts is to sports what Illinois (or, hell, Massachusetts) is to politics.

It's no surprise Elbridge Gerry was from Massachusetts.

I see. So you only root for teams with players who would have gotten into the school anyways, and they just receive financial aid for their sports participation. :wacko:

Bah, refs determined to not let Clemson lose. Total bullshit call against UNC on the onside kick. Refs just made up a non-existent offside. Ball should be UNC's with a chance to send it to overtime. f***ing refs.
  • Like 3

Bah, refs determined to not let Clemson lose. Total bullshit call against UNC on the onside kick. Refs just made up a non-existent offside. Ball should be UNC's with a chance to send it to overtime. f***ing refs.

can't disagree with this at all, even though I was rooting for Clemson

THIS. ACC wanted to make sure one of their teams got in the playoff.

I hope Alabama crushes Clemson in the playoffs.

I hope Clemson sends Satan back to hell. The f***ing prick.

• Like 1

I have,

Watched the replay regarding the onside kick about a dozen times. I say no way any one was off sides. And it wasn't reviewed. :wtf:

• Like 1

I have,

Watched the replay regarding the onside kick about a dozen times. I say no way any one was off sides. And it wasn't reviewed. :wtf:

It was a horrible call for sure. But it was not reviewable.

• Like 2

I have,

See,

That's what I hate about rules. They pick and choose what is reviewed and what isn't. Same with the NFL. Why even have it?

I have,

See,

That's what I hate about rules. They pick and choose what is reviewed and what isn't. Same with the NFL. Why even have it?

I'm not a fan of replay but CFB games already take close to 4 hrs. There has to be some offsets to keep game time under control.

Interestingly, I was watching the Grey Cup, and they reviewed a PI call. It actually worked pretty well.

I have,

See,

I'm not a fan of replay but CFB games already take close to 4 hrs. There has to be some offsets to keep game time under control.

Interestingly, I was watching the Grey Cup, and they reviewed a PI call. It actually worked pretty well.

I say,

Get rid of it. But that will never happen. It's just frustrating. Especially really critical plays.

I have,

See,

I saw that last week. Pass Interference wasn't called, a coach threw out the red flag, and it was challenged, reviewed, and they said there was pass interference! Just another concept of Canadian Football that is sweet, along with the single point, multiple men in motion at the snap, and three downs.
  • Like 1

I have,

See,

I saw that last week. Pass Interference wasn't called, a coach threw out the red flag, and it was challenged, reviewed, and they said there was pass interference! Just another concept of Canadian Football that is sweet, along with the single point, multiple men in motion at the snap, and three downs.

What about the rouge?

I have,

See,

What about the rouge?

I love it, although, as I think we've talked about before, we couldn't implement in America due to the shorter end zones.

Another 3 and out for Pickens County Tech.

Was this a Clemson slam? Hate the team all you want, but they have a great engineering program, and my CompSci degree got me hired straight out of college at NASA writing code for satellites.

Was this a Clemson slam? Hate the team all you want, but they have a great engineering program, and my CompSci degree got me hired straight out of college at NASA writing code for satellites.

Yes, it was. It bothers me that he calls Clemson "Pickens County Tech" as well. It is one thing to pull against them in football rivalry. It is another thing to make cheap, baseless accusations against the school itself.

Yes, it was. It bothers me that he calls Clemson "Pickens County Tech" as well. It is one thing to pull against them in football rivalry. It is another thing to make cheap, baseless accusations against the school itself.

Chill guys. It's just a joke. I don't h8 Clemson, as I've said many times. I've been on the campus twice and it is very beautiful, and Pickens/Oconee counties are the most beautiful counties in our state. There are very beautiful women up there, too. Hell, I find Dabo to be a pretty decent guy.

Probably the only thing I don't like about Clemson are the fans' attitudes and their school colors.

As I've told my wife, and other family members, if I had a kid, I wouldn't be upset at all if he went to Clemson. In fact, with the crime in Columbia, it's safer.

Edited by Aikenrooster

So, Carolina settles for Will Muschamp as the new head football coach, and he had his first press conference today.

I don't like the hire at all, but I feel a little bit better after hearing some things he said. One of them was, "I'm gonna out work you.". That's my philosophy in life.

Hopefully we have success, but it is what it is and there ain't nothing I could do about it.