Rush 45's Does anyone else collect them??

robertrobyn

Does anyone else collect Rush 45's?? Do you know if there is a complete list out there?? I picked up 4 DJ promos today at my local record store. I have a bout 10 total now?

I collect. Also looking to get rid of some. Which ones were you looking for? I'm a Rush junkie like you.

Yup a Rush junkie alright. 45's seem to me to be the rarest find for me at thrift stores and local record stores. It seems that people hold on to them!! I thing there are around 90 or so but I was looking for a complete complete list! Yes I would be interest in buying from you but now is not the best time for me. Im about ready to do my 3 shows out here in California and my funds are shrinking as we speak!! Send me a PM and maybe we could talk after the tour??
  • Like 1

I don't have any but I recollect some that were on 45. I remember Body Electric on side A with Between the Wheels on side B.

I have a 33 with the Big Money single on side A with Territories on side B and I think the live version of Vital Signs from the Grace Under Pressure tour.

And I believe I recall the Countdown single.

I don't have any but I recollect some that were on 45. I remember Body Electric on side A with Between the Wheels on side B.

I have a 33 with the Big Money single on side A with Territories on side B and I think the live version of Vital Signs from the Grace Under Pressure tour.

There is a really cool "Countdown" single where the vinyl is shaped like a rocket ship.

There is a really cool "Countdown" single where the vinyl is shaped like a rocket ship.

yeah I have that one too its shaped like the space shuttle is pretty cool. Edited by robertrobyn

I collect. Also looking to get rid of some. Which ones were you looking for? I'm a Rush junkie like you.

Yup a Rush junkie alright. 45's seem to me to be the rarest find for me at thrift stores and local record stores. It seems that people hold on to them!! I thing there are around 90 or so but I was looking for a complete complete list! Yes I would be interest in buying from you but now is not the best time for me. Im about ready to do my 3 shows out here in California and my funds are shrinking as we speak!! Send me a PM and maybe we could talk after the tour??

Will do.

Found most of mine at record shows, but those don't happen much anymore. Depends on if you are looking for ones from different countries or just the US.

Rush were never a singles band so I doubt many 45s were pressed in relation to other bands.

Have fun at your shows this year. Mine were unforgettable.

yeah I have that one too its shaped like the space shuttle is pretty cool.

That's a favorite of mine too. Didn't really like it at first, but I came around and picked it up at a record show which is where I used to get most of the ones I have.

A friend of mine has Rush's first single (on Moon Records) - You Can't Fight It / Not Fade away... like the one in the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSH-rare-Not-Fade-Away-b-w-You-Can-t-Fight-It-MOON-Records-red-vinyl-in-the-USA-/161760064442?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a9a6b3ba

One of the small regrets I have in regards to collecting vinyl, is not giving the 45 proper consideration and saw no value in picture sleeve/alt edits/mixes. Years later I would relaize my mistake but by that time those old 45's start demanding collector prices - and I'm not rich.

My 45 collection of Rush is small but there a couple of harder to get items

- FInding My Way/Finding My Way Mercury promo

- Something for Nothing/FBN/In the Mood live

- TSOR/Circumstances (no label on side 2)

- NWM/Vital Signs

- The Big Money ps

- Time Stand Still ps

I think that's it

One of the small regrets I have in regards to collecting vinyl, is not giving the 45 proper consideration and saw no value in picture sleeve/alt edits/mixes. Years later I would relaize my mistake but by that time those old 45's start demanding collector prices - and I'm not rich.

My 45 collection of Rush is small but there a couple of harder to get items

- FInding My Way/Finding My Way Mercury promo

- Something for Nothing/FBN/In the Mood live

- TSOR/Circumstances (no label on side 2)

- NWM/Vital Signs

- The Big Money ps

- Time Stand Still ps

I think that's it

First two are the most rare I'd say. New World Man is among the most common but essential.

I actually have an extra Something For Nothing I'd be willing to part with. It's far from mint though and would likely suffice as a $15 placeholder until something better comes along.

A friend of mine has Rush's first single (on Moon Records) - You Can't Fight It / Not Fade away... like the one in the link:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item25a9a6b3ba

I might be wrong, but aren't those red vinyl ones probably some kind of reissue? Would the fledgling Moon records have been able to do something special like a red vinyl pressing in 73 or 74?

Never saw the red vinyl before. I was wondering when the pirate/counterfeit market would try and cash in on Moon Records pressings. I don't have a problem as long as they aren't trying to insist it's legit product.

I might be wrong, but aren't those red vinyl ones probably some kind of reissue? Would the fledgling Moon records have been able to do something special like a red vinyl pressing in 73 or 74?

It's absolutely a reissue. One of those cottage industry pressings -- Pirate or counterfeit. Limited pressing probably. There seem to be a few knockoff "reissues" of a few of those singles. I think the first ever Anthem 45 is another one. That one is blue.

There have also been "collector" 45s made from bootlegs. Pressings as few as 30 to 50 to drive up the price. Not interested myself, but there may be a market for these.

I'm always after the real thing, but your mileage may vary.

It's absolutely a reissue. One of those cottage industry pressings -- Pirate or counterfeit. Limited pressing probably. There seem to be a few knockoff "reissues" of a few of those singles. I think the first ever Anthem 45 is another one. That one is blue.

There have also been "collector" 45s made from bootlegs. Pressings as few as 30 to 50 to drive up the price. Not interested myself, but there may be a market for these.

you are

correct

you are

correct

There were only a limited amount of red vinyl releases. Hemispheres (Anthem) and The Body Electric and two promos for Red Sector A (12 and 7").

And the white Prime Mover 45 and clear vinyl New World Man 12" promo. I think that's it. If it's one of those, it's not official. Although I suppose those could be "reissued" too.

Edited by ytserush