Is Geddy the only one that's happy while on stage this entire tour?

fraroc

I had the same reaction - saw them in Philly and had a different experience than most. I noticed that Geddy ran to the center stage many times - same as older concerts where Alex and Geddy would normally jam together - but this time I noticed Alex staying in his spot. He did goof around a few times with Neil, but it was odd enough to make me wonder if something was wrong or if he wasn't feeling well. It was a much different concert than, say, the Time Machine tour.

I noticed that too in the Tulsa show I watched. Made me feel sorry for Geddy. He kept trying to engage Alex, but I never saw, in all the shows I've watched, Alex so absorbed in his playing.

Alex was much more reserved in the first few shows than he has been since.

Edited by EagleMoon

I had the same reaction - saw them in Philly and had a different experience than most. I noticed that Geddy ran to the center stage many times - same as older concerts where Alex and Geddy would normally jam together - but this time I noticed Alex staying in his spot. He did goof around a few times with Neil, but it was odd enough to make me wonder if something was wrong or if he wasn't feeling well. It was a much different concert than, say, the Time Machine tour.

I noticed that too in the Tulsa show I watched. Made me feel sorry for Geddy. He kept trying to engage Alex, but I never saw, in all the shows I've watched, Alex so absorbed in his playing.

I think that it can get confusing remembering what to push on every song, looking at this

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/spencerwilson/alex_board_2002.jpg

Alex was much more reserved in the first few shows than he has been since.

I think this last leg of the tour will find them really relaxed. This is it. Not necessarily the end, but it is the end of an era for Rush.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Also those Triceratops gotta be damn heavy.

Individual Triceratops are estimated to have reached about 7.9 to 9.0 m (26.0–29.5 ft) in length, 2.9 to 3.0 m (9.5–9.8 ft) in height, and 6.1–12.0 tonnes (13,000–26,000 lb) in weight.

You were right, that's pretty damn heavy

I'm not happy because i am on the other side of the world and can't see my fave band do their last shows.Guess i will have to wait for the tour dvd to see if everyone is happy.I am also not happy because my Fender Jazz bas got nicked now i only have one bass not 21.I am not happy with my drummer because he never smiles.Saw Cheap Trick.Rick Nielson had a different guitar for every song.He has too many guitars.Not happy.Happy to be on this forum though.

I'm not happy because i am on the other side of the world and can't see my fave band do their last shows.Guess i will have to wait for the tour dvd to see if everyone is happy.I am also not happy because my Fender Jazz bas got nicked now i only have one bass not 21.I am not happy with my drummer because he never smiles.Saw Cheap Trick.Rick Nielson had a different guitar for every song.He has too many guitars.Not happy.Happy to be on this forum though.

:)

:codger: old and sometimes happy
  • Like 1

:codger: old and sometimes happy

:codger: Cheer up! I bet I'm older than you. :) I've been thinking of starting a 55 & Older TRF Members thread. :dweez:

I see you still have a couple of years left before you can join. Does that make you feel better? :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

^^^ Yep...

sorry to anyone who caught my post before I edited it and is now spoiled. I've been a big supporter of That One Guy who only has...8 days left until his show. Damn I cant wait til he gets his show and I can talk to him about it. Look in on chat the evening after the SLC show. Boyyyyy.

• Like 1

Over 55 club? Just make it 50!We could invite Lerxst and his two mates,they are way past 50.They must be happy though.

Lerxst was on fire tonight in KCMO!!!!! He looked like he was having more fun than Geddy! He was joking with the audience, and smiling. He even looked at me and smiled during Closer to the Heart! Even Neil was smiling and periodically joking around (especially after Working Man).... BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!
  • Like 1