How are the 2015 remasters ?

maxdistortion

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed before, but I've been absent because in lieu of new tours I tend to disappear in case I see any accidental spoilers lol.

I've been wanting to check out rush's new 2015 remasters.

I ..."obtained" copies of rush's "sector" 2011 remasters. And I can say I wasn't much of a fan of the way it sounded. Marginally preferred the 1997 remasters (which I grew up with, yet I hear people loathe?)

Does anybody think these new re-remasters are improvements over the 97s/sector series? Amd maybe how they compare? I was thinking of downloading them in "hi-res" format too.

I think the 1997 remasters are my faves.

Well they have hi resolution downloads available so I was more interested in those but ...

Are these remasters predominantly vinyl based then? I know there are hi-res versions of the remasters but maybe they were "optimized" for vinyl if that makes any sense.

Nevermind, I found a thread on the stevehoffman forum discussing the 2015 vinyl imperfections in ridiculous detail, and more importantly the hi-res audio files. Poor quality control in the vinyl aside, the hi-res files are getting rave reviews. I'm pretty eager to check them out once I eventually take the plunge and invest in a quality set of speakers or headphones. Edited by maxdistortion

Signup for pro studio masters email they send out coupons of 15 or 20% off on their downloads. The majority the majority of the coupons or 15% off though every once in awhile though throw in a 20 percent off coupon so if you're in no rush I will try to hold out for the 20 percent off coupon. I can't remember but I think for joining they give you a 20 percent off coupon too but I'm not sure. Good luck and the remasters do sounds very good. They are lower in volume because they're less compressed but there is plenty of clarity and separation in the Downloads well worth the purchase
  • Like 1

I just got the new Permanent Waves lp reissue in the mail moments ago and gave it a spin. Looks great and sounds good to me for the most part except after the jam part in Spirit, I thought there was an audio drop but upon second play, it is not present. Weird. I like my copies. Edited by anthem74

Signup for pro studio masters email they send out coupons of 15 or 20% off on their downloads. The majority the majority of the coupons or 15% off though every once in awhile though throw in a 20 percent off coupon so if you're in no rush I will try to hold out for the 20 percent off coupon. I can't remember but I think for joining they give you a 20 percent off coupon too but I'm not sure. Good luck and the remasters do sounds very good. They are lower in volume because they're less compressed but there is plenty of clarity and separation in the Downloads well worth the purchase

Do you have a link for those?