NEW ALBUM

Drumnut

Imagine yourself one of the boys. Long R30 Tour is over, great crowds, good reception everywhere. Time to take some time off, relax, now it's time to think about a new album. Where do we go from here? Reflect on "Vapor Trails" and "Feedback." Do we want to use those albums as a template for the next one or did we get a different feeling on the road. Where do we go from here? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Oct 3 2004, 01:45 PM)
Imagine yourself one of the boys. Long R30 Tour is over, great crowds, good reception everywhere. Time to take some time off, relax, now it's time to think about a new album. Where do we go from here? Reflect on "Vapor Trails" and "Feedback." Do we want to use those albums as a template for the next one or did we get a different feeling on the road. Where do we go from here? confused13.gif

Well, I know they are startinga new studio album in January! I hope it doesn't take as long to make as VaporTrails - I don't think it will. I also expect something different sounding than VT... We will see! I can't wait!

Personally. I'd like to see original songs done in a Feedback style. As I see it, VT carried a lot of emotional baggage given the tragedy Neil was emerging from, coupled with a sense of needing to prove themselves.

That's been done brilliantly.

Now, two succesful tours, a DVD, a live album and a covers album later, the boys are on a high and there are no clouds on the horizon (apart from Alex's impending legalities, of course).

The priority now should be fun. My fear is the Pirate theme will seep into the next album!!! ohmy.gif waffen093.gif 1287.gif

I agree that it would be nice to hear some original material done in the raw, agressive style of Feedback. To tell you the truth, though, I've given up predicting what Rush are going to do as they always surprise me and, hopefully, will continue to do so.

I agree with you Slaine, I have also given up on trying to predict what will come out of them next wink.gif But I also know this, they have never disappointed me, and I know that they never will. I just look forward with great expectation to the next album laugh.gif

I agree Slaine! They enjoyed the raw recording of Feedback and I bet they continue along that path. I bet it will be lighter in regards to the lyrics, Neil is in a differant place now. More rock, lighter lyrics with intense musicianship! Heres hoping for more Bass solos! Of course everytime I hear a new album its differant than I thought it would be!

For the next album, I dont think they will be spending any time reflecting on previous work. That seems to me what Feedback and the R30 tour was all about, relfection on thier careers to that point. The level of passion and perserverance in VT really came out in the lyrics and in the music, due to Neil's working at overcoming his tragic situation and all of thier desire to make Rush work again. Right now, like Madra has said, they are on a high, so thier next album will reflect thier lighter mood. I dont think we will be seeing any more albums dealing with as dark a nature as VT was.

My prediction, there will be a return of the guitar solo, at least in a couple songs. Alex really sounded like he enjoyed himself while playing the solos for the Feedback songs, and could easily see them returning. I have a feeling there will be the either the same level of layering in the music, or slightly less then from VT. I also dont think there will be any overlapping themes in the songs, more reminescent of Counterparts or T4E.

Pirates! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Lyrically, I expect emotionally mature expressions of life, love, looking outward, rather than inward. A touch of optimism, social comment, wry humor. NeilFinal.gif

Musically, we'll hear more of Alex! A tough, guitar-oriented, driven sound will continue, ala Counterparts. I do believe Lerxst has returned from his keyboard-induced "exile", and it's for good. biggrin.gif

Great news for all our Lerxst-lovers here! AlexFinal.gif

Oh, and Geddy will simply just.............. be Geddy. GeddyFinal.gif

I personally would love to see rush write some more songs from the the late 70s early 80s era. It wouldn't bother me to say this when I heard a new Rush song "Wow, this sounds like it would be on moving pictures........Then the next song come on and it makes you think....damn that sounds like something from 2112,,,,,,,signals....you get the picture. I don't know, I guess I miss that era of their music. confused13.gif

Oh please, Sirs, an instrumental!!!

And guitars! Lots of guitars!

Other than that, I hope to be totally surprised when the new Rush comes out. Just hoping it has a nice hard edge like VT and FB.

2.gif

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamMusicRush/aug22_rush-sun.html

"Lee said he hopes the "relaxed, performance-based atmosphere" of

making Feedback is repeated on the next Rush studio album,

which the band likely won't start working on until next spring or summer."

I don't know when Rush will start working on the next album,

but it probably won't be released until 2006.

I'd like to hear a combination, (of sorts), of "Moving Pictures", "Test For Echo", and "Vapor Trails". Lots of guitar, but with great keyboard textures, and accompaniment.

Whatever happens, you all know it'll be a step forward, and RUSH will continue to grow, and expand musically. yes.gif

One thing I wouldnt count on is it sounding like any other record they have done. If you listen to them, 17 out of 17 records have their own unique sound to it, with certain elements that were carried over, and a few left behind that make the album sound the way it does. They have never gone back to make an album sound more like a pervious era in thier career and theres no reason to believe they will start now.

It will be a brand new record, and I personally wouldnt want them to retouch on thier past. What is done is done.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 4 2004, 06:28 PM)
One thing I wouldnt count on is it sounding like any other record they have done.  If you listen to them, 17 out of 17 records have their own unique sound to it, with certain elements that were carried over, and a few left behind that make the album sound the way it does.  They have never gone back to make an album sound more like a pervious era in thier career and theres no reason to believe they will start now.

It will be a brand new record, and I personally wouldnt want them to retouch on thier past.  What is done is done.

I never thought they would do a "COVER" CD either. But they did, so it's hard telling what could come of the next CD, They might decide to say "forget the trend" I hope they do.

If the decided to write more songs like "red barchetta" "the trees" "the analog kid" You wouldn't hear me complaining one bit. But that's just my opinion, I thought they were more creative in that era.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 3 2004, 01:30 PM)

Well, I know they are startinga new studio album in January! I hope it doesn't take as long to make as VaporTrails - I don't think it will. I also expect something different sounding than VT... We will see! I can't wait!

Nah it took time to get back into the groove with VTs

I'm sure it will be like the past they are now a well oiled machine!

1022.gif

QUOTE (HAZMAT001 @ Oct 4 2004, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 3 2004, 01:30 PM)

Nah it took time to get back into the groove with VTs

I'm sure it will be like the past they are now a well oiled machine!

1022.gif

yes.gif and hopefully it will be less time to make this one!

Tour at the latest I would imagine is Spring '06, but could we see a fall/winter tour with inside venues in '05?

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 5 2004, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Oct 4 2004, 07:26 PM)
Keyboards? GeddyFinal.gif

Yes, but not at the expense of Alex's guitar.

The other thing I want is lots and lots of

GUITAR SOLOS

AlexFinal.gif

HERE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

but I want to hear a few more extravagant bass lines too!!!

GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

And give me some of them sweet percussionist-ic rolls laugh.gif

NeilFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif

GUITAR SOLOS

AlexFinal.gif

yes.gif That is why I love the live boots so much - he rips it up live. He is so talented, I hope the next album really brings out his playing!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 5 2004, 11:15 AM)

GUITAR SOLOS

AlexFinal.gif

yes.gif That is why I love the live boots so much - he rips it up live. He is so talented, I hope the next album really brings out his playing!

Oh yes!!!! More guitar!!!!!

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Oct 5 2004, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 5 2004, 11:15 AM)

GUITAR SOLOS

AlexFinal.gif

Oh yes!!!! More guitar!!!!!

and cowbell I got a fever! 1022.gif

Archived