One song I'm surprised they have not performed on this tour (yet…)

rtrushfan

NWM has not aged well IMO.

That is true of most of the synth era. About 10 have aged moderately well.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far but I think the beat/rhythm of NWM is very 80's.

Edited by EagleMoon

I wouldn't necessarily go that far but I think the beat/rhythm of NWM is very 80's.

To me, it's kind of Rush do The Police. Not that that's a terrible thing.

But I will say, I was watching a boot last night (think it was Power Windows tour), and Geddy was spanking the hell out of the Steinberger on that song. Sounded great!

But I will say, I was watching a boot last night (think it was Power Windows tour), and Geddy was spanking the hell out of the Steinberger on that song. Sounded great!

I actually had The Police in mind when I wrote my comment. Great minds. :D

• Like 1

From Signals, I'd love to hear in order of preference Losing It or Digital Man or The Weapon

Hang out at sound check! You'll be AMAZED! I'm still buzzed over getting to hear them play it!

Hmmm....more Vital Signs than NWM if you ask me.... But same mood!

• Like 1

Would I be out of place suggesting Digital Man fits more with their theme lately of mind blowing surprises?

But if that mind blowing Signals retirement song is played (am I allowed to cross reference a spoiler song title from another thread?)

that would be an awful lot of Signals, but maybe!

Rather hear Digital Man than New World Man any day...

if anything it's a longer song! :huh:

I would have used the word better but ok...

Well...It's not something from PW, HyF, Presto or RtB...it's STILL a decent song, but a "different strokes for different folks" sort of thing from that era....

Well this whole 10 day break will give plenty of time for further setlisturbating. Like when will they play Losing It and will the Big Money finally make an appearance? And whatever else could be conceived.

True! We have video credits...so....

Interesting tidbit.... talked to an old friend that's a casual Rush fan, and bummed that the end is near...I told him I heard Losing It during the soundcheck and he was like...."HOLY CRAP!" and got a little "misty" on the phone thinking "sh*t they might be able to write their own verses!" (he was a big Signals album fan BITD, so he knows the content)

Edited by Jaminbenb

Would I be out of place suggesting Digital Man fits more with their theme lately of mind blowing surprises?

But if that mind blowing Signals retirement song is played (am I allowed to cross reference a spoiler song title from another thread?)

"Digital Man" really wouldn't be a mind-blowing surprise at all since they played it on the entire S&A tour throughout 2007-2008.

Now if they dug out "Chemistry", "The Weapon", "Losing It", or "Countdown", that would be more of a surprise for sure.

I was crossing my fingers for The Weapon, personally. Ah well!

"The Weapon" has been in my dream setlist since the end of the CA tour, especially since the live version I heard on the GUP video is amazing, but I can't see it fitting in this current tour at all unless they would drop a CA or S&A song which I doubt they will do.

"Digital Man" really wouldn't be a mind-blowing surprise at all since they played it on the entire S&A tour throughout 2007-2008.

Now if they dug out "Chemistry", "The Weapon", "Losing It", or "Countdown", that would be more of a surprise for sure.

I was crossing my fingers for The Weapon, personally. Ah well!

"The Weapon" has been in my dream setlist since the end of the CA tour, especially since the live version I heard on the GUP video is amazing, but I can't see it fitting in this current tour at all unless they would drop a CA or S&A song which I doubt they will do.

True, but remember DM has only been played two tours if I recall correctly.

Chemistry... eh not so much. Weapon would be awesome, but we should recall CA tour was the one neck tour, we are now in the four neck tour... and four necks are...

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Now I love "Subdivisions" and each time I have heard it live (including the recent R40 show in NOLA) they have done a stellar job performing it. It's definitely a fan and crowd favorite, and besides being the most recognizable song on "Signals", it might very well be the best and most loved song off that album too.

And the band enjoys playing it. Neil has said that it's his favorite song to play off Signals.

Also, like "Subdivisions", "New World Man" would be a strong finish for the first half

I don't think New World Man is popular or "rockin'" enough to be the sort of song they like to close sets with.

New World Man is cool but it's a dispensable live song IMO...the fact that they are committed to playing the CA/S&A/VT dominated first set makes it unlikely to be played.

Please drop CA either Far Cry or Animate and play he damn Fear Trilogy!!!

It wouldn't really work that well sequencing-wise on this tour...

Set one:

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

TMMB

Vapor Trail

Driven

CTTC

Roll the Bones

The Enemy within

the Weapon

Witch Hunt

• Like 3

New World Man is one of my favorite Rush songs, as well as Vital Signs. Both were allegedly written on the fly in the studio at the end of the sessions to fill more time. I have no clue why they are playing Subdivisions on this tour when they just played it for the entire Clockwork Angels tour. They should have played New World Man instead. If they really wanted a great Signals track, I would have loved to see them play Digital Man.

Set one:

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

TMMB

Vapor Trail

Driven

CTTC

Roll the Bones

The Enemy within

the Weapon

Witch Hunt

No M80 far cry but darn good set!

• Like 1

New World Man is a cool song; not my favorite from Signals, but I still enjoy it. To be honest, I really thought this tour would see the return of the 'Fear' trilogy, meaning they'd resurrect The Weapon after a long hiatus.

Subdivisions is awesome but has been played to death, so I'm slightly surprised they didn't dig a little deeper this time. Then again, they dug deep for the 70s material, which is worth the price of admission alone IMO. :)

Still, I'd love to see The Weapon again, along with the Count Floyd intro. *points at forum name*

"I'm here to introduce a scarrrry song! It's called...vah Veapon!" :D

• Like 1

Set one:

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

TMMB

Vapor Trail

Driven

CTTC

Roll the Bones

The Enemy within

the Weapon

Witch Hunt

Good setlist, but I could never imagine them ending a half with "Witch Hunt", and that's really where the issue lies for me.