R40 MP3s

DirkPrattLerxst

I have the bootlegs in Flac and Apple Lossless.... that´s all I share... I don´t share Mp3s bootlegs.

Keep them all to yourself huh?

• Like 1

I have the bootlegs in Flac and Apple Lossless.... that´s all I share... I don´t share Mp3s bootlegs.

I don´t share Mp3 bootlegs, because it destroys the quality of bootlegs. And a lot of people convert Mp3s to Flac because they think it makes the files better. And then it spreads, and people think it´s lossless quality. And then it sounds like crap.

That´s why I don´t share Mp3 bootlegs (or any other lossy bootlegs)

• Like 2

I don´t share Mp3 bootlegs, because it destroys the quality of bootlegs. And a lot of people convert Mp3s to Flac because they think it makes the files better. And then it spreads, and people think it´s lossless quality. And then it sounds like crap.

I was only kidding ;)

I was only kidding ;)

I understand, but my answer remains the same....

Mp3 is for putting on your iPod or whatever! .flac is the way to trade...if you downgrade the quality to Mp3 that's your business, and please keep them to yourselves!

Sorry...I'm a "purist" trader!

• Like 2

I appreciate the willingness to share, but it pisses me off to no end that people refuse to share MP3s.

• Like 1

Mp3 is for putting on your iPod or whatever! .flac is the way to trade...if you downgrade the quality to Mp3 that's your business, and please keep them to yourselves!

Sorry...I'm a "purist" trader!

I am the same way.

I appreciate the willingness to share, but it pisses me off to no end that people refuse to share MP3s.

I explained why a bit up in the thread.

Yes, but the explanation is selfish and not really coherent. It seems like elitist garbage that doesn't substantively effect anyone other than people who want MP3s of boots. I really don't get it.

And I honestly appreciate your willingness to provide people with boots, and the work you put into it. I just don't understand why people who simply want to put music on a device or who are not technically inclined need to be shut out of boots.

• Like 1

I was only kidding ;)

I understand, but my answer remains the same....

It's a heart of darkness that wants to play that game.

Yes, but the explanation is selfish and not really coherent. It seems like elitist garbage that doesn't substantively effect anyone other than people who want MP3s of boots. I really don't get it.

And I honestly appreciate your willingness to provide people with boots, and the work you put into it. I just don't understand why people who simply want to put music on a device or who are not technically inclined need to be shut out of boots.

What's the problem with downloading a .flac file, then converting it? Why put something substandard out? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to find the conversion programs online.... It's not elitist or selfish...I'm not technically inclined, but I make do....

• Like 1

What's the problem with downloading a .flac file, then converting it? Why put something substandard out? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to find the conversion programs online.... It's not elitist or selfish...I'm not technically inclined, but I make do....

That's great that you can do it. I can't, and have acquired viruses trying to do it. It wastes space, time, and for most bootlegs and to most people, you can't hear a difference. You do, and you can. Great. Many don't and can't. Sharing in a way that helps those people should have virtually no effect on you people.

That's great that you can do it. I can't, and have acquired viruses trying to do it. It wastes space, time, and for most bootlegs and to most people, you can't hear a difference. You do, and you can. Great. Many don't and can't. Sharing in a way that helps those people should have virtually no effect on you people.

How can you get virus by converting files....? That makes no sense at all....

• Like 1

I've gotten virus files at some sites...but I learned to run them through before opening anything...most of the sites I've been using are pretty clean... Demonoid DOES have a function to look for things that are posted in lossy formats..but as I said, I think it's just easier to get them the way they are posted, then convert if you need them for something else.... :huh:

Yeah you are more likely to download one using a crappy mp3 site.

I dont know Led. Did u try Pirate bay or demonoid?

Guitars 101 has a great forum for boots, a lossless forum and a lossy one. Here are a few links to MP3's from their site. I checked the d/l links are still active.

Personally I only keep FLAC for quality, so I don't know anything about these files. G101 is pretty popular, though, so if they weren't legit someone would have said and the post would be deleted. They're probably RAR archives, though, and you'll need to extract the files from that yourself. That's the best I can figure out to help.

Tulsa: http://www.guitars10...5-a-198154.html

Dallas: http://www.guitars10...8-a-199184.html

St. Paul: http://www.guitars10...2-a-198601.html

Lincoln: http://www.guitars10...0-a-198622.html

Also, here is their MP3 boot forum, with hundreds of posts for a bunch of bands: http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/

Edited by gudbuytjane

By downloading the software necessary to do so.

Yeah you are more likely to download one using a crappy mp3 site.

I dont know Led. Did u try Pirate bay or demonoid?

I don't know. I don't want many boots, but once in a while I do and I try and download the necessary software or go to teh right sites, and there is always a problem. I usually just give up and don't try to get them unless someone posts MP3s here.

I don't have the time/patience to figure out bittorrent. It just seems to be an overly complicated process to get files posted, you have to worry about stuff like seeding, maintaining ratios, etc. With a 4 year old I don't have the luxury of figuring out the learning curve.

Besides, storage is so cheap these days there seems to be less of a need for bittorrent.

If you can get the FLAC files it's super easy to convert to whatever format you need. I use xrecode personally: http://xrecode.com/