The ending of (song) during this tour!

johnnyonthespot

The guys cant seem to get that very last part of Jacobs Ladder right. Listen to the boots, its awful. Sounds like the wrong notes or something, but Geddy is almost always out of sync.

"Weave the the fabric of their dreams"

Sure they will nail it eventually. otherwise that song sounds fantastic and has aged well.

I think either Alex or Geddy mentioned in one of the two most recent interviews posted here that they changed the ending of some songs?

And the fact that they haven't touched that one in YEARS live (forever if you ask Geddy)

As one who dissected Neils drum parts way back...as they've brought back some oldies, it's interesting to hear what parts HE re-creates in some cases.

• Like 1

Playing it a bit different than the studio track is awesome...

It's called live music...

When you're a fan of "jam bands" you get used to stuff like that, and aren't so anal about a band "stretching it"....

Playing it a bit different than the studio track is awesome...

It's called live music...

When you're a fan of "jam bands" you get used to stuff like that, and aren't so anal about a band "stretching it"....

One of the best attributes of Rush is their high level of musicianship and how their live performances are so close to the studio's perceived perfection.

As a musician myself, perfection is a very rare thing, even in the studio and especially on tour.

I like when I hear a slightly different solo or even a small mistake...it makes the show unique and reminds us of our Rush God's mortality.

• Like 1

Live music doesn't always sound like the records. That's what makes it so special.

Rush seems to have always been the exception to that. Had I known how close to their albums (and most of the time - better than the albums) they sounded in concert, I would have gone to see them way back when. One of the reasons why I stopped going to a lot of concerts is because I got tired of being so disappointed by how the bands sounded in concert.

Edited by Lorraine

Live music doesn't always sound like the records. That's what makes it so special.

Rush seems to have always been the exception to that. Had I known how close to their albums (and most of the time - better than the albums) they sounded in concert, I would have gone to see them way back when. One of the reasons why I stopped going to a lot of concerts is because I got tired of being so disappointed by how the bands sounded in concert.

I think that was true at one point, but somewhere down the line they started toying with endings and beginnings. I really think it was after Neil came back from his walkabout that they started taking a different approach to their live shows. They're even a lot more animated on stage the past fifteen years than they ever were. It always used to be about just playing the music, now I think they try to have some fun with it and mix it up a bit. Or, I could be wrong :) ive just given some thought to their shows and my first was permanent waves and in two weeks it will be my 15th tour. They have evolved as a live act, for sure.

And I have to agre with you, some of their live albums are just spectacular. Better than studio, imo.

Edited by satchmothesnowdog