I had something to say...

Maverick

It's scary. I'm forgetting the correct usage of verbs and grammar rules. I'm forgetting how to spell. I'd rather die now than get Alzheimer's. I'm not joking.

Maybe one day I'll forget why I am even on this forum.

Alzheimer's is a progressive desease--I watched my Mom die as a result of complications from the desease.

I would agree that I would rather die than be in the later stages of of it--but since it can progress over 10 or more years--there are usually more good years than bad.

If it is really noticable the things you are forgetting go in and see the Doc--they can help slow down the process by years if they catch it early--somethings are just growing older but many could point to an early diagnosis.

I can't recall things from the past as quickly as i used to. Sometimes not at all. The other day I couldn't remember a cousin's name.

It's mostly talking and writing. Words look strange to me, and it is often hard for me to string a sentence together. I can't remember which verb to use, or how to spell, or whether something should be plural or singular, or present or past tense. This could be the result of being married to my husband whose grammar is deplorable and me not being around the folks I used to be around.

in any event, if I ever log into TRF and ask "what am I doing here?", be kind enough to remind me. :LOL: :cheers:

Getting older sucks. I'm always forgetting things. Why I walked into a room, my keys, my phone, my head. :D

Who are you people and what are you doing in my computer?

Oh sorry, walked into the wrong room. :LOL:

in any event, if I ever log into TRF and ask "what am I doing here?", be kind enough to remind me. :LOL: :cheers:

I'll remind you that we're all big fans of Asia.

;)

• Like 1

It's scary. I'm forgetting the correct usage of verbs and grammar rules. I'm forgetting how to spell. I'd rather die now than get Alzheimer's. I'm not joking.

Maybe one day I'll forget why I am even on this forum.

Alzheimer's is a progressive desease--I watched my Mom die as a result of complications from the desease.

I would agree that I would rather die than be in the later stages of of it--but since it can progress over 10 or more years--there are usually more good years than bad.

If it is really noticable the things you are forgetting go in and see the Doc--they can help slow down the process by years if they catch it early--somethings are just growing older but many could point to an early diagnosis.

I can't recall things from the past as quickly as i used to. Sometimes not at all. The other day I couldn't remember a cousin's name.

It's mostly talking and writing. Words look strange to me, and it is often hard for me to string a sentence together. I can't remember which verb to use, or how to spell, or whether something should be plural or singular, or present or past tense. This could be the result of being married to my husband whose grammar is deplorable and me not being around the folks I used to be around.

and I don't know your age but I would guess that what you are discribing is growing older stuff and just not excersizing the old noggin enough.

We will remind you!

• Like 1

Getting older sucks. I'm always forgetting things. Why I walked into a room, my keys, my phone, my head. :D

Room? Is that what you call this thing with walls?

Me too. I post a bunch of Muscle Car stuff in the Musical Car thread. :(

• Like 2

And that thing wrapped around you is called a straitjacket. They'll be bringing your medication in soon.

• Like 1

Just listen to more metal it has on effect on your cells. When you listen to metal each time your cells divide the new "daughter" cell is an improvement on the "mother" cell. So your cells become more perfect with each division instead of deteriorating.

And that thing wrapped around you is called a straitjacket. They'll be bringing your medication in soon.

I really laughed a hearty one at that.

:laughing yellow guy:

• Like 1

Just listen to more metal it has on effect on your cells. When you listen to metal each time your cells divide the new "daughter" cell is an improvement on the "mother" cell. So your cells become more perfect with each division instead of deteriorating.

I'll give it a try if I remember. :)

So Lenny is immortal? :D

Edited by EagleMoon

Do you mean Lemmy? :16ton:

Heck yeah. Typing too fast. :LOL:

• Like 1

I was wondering who the hell Lenny was? :LOL:

• Like 1

I was wondering who the hell Lenny was? :LOL:

Can't get much more metal than this... :LOL:

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/4046090.jpg

• Like 4

I thought she was talking about Lenny Bruce. :unsure:

I wouldn't say he was metal... Hard headed, but not metal. :LOL:

Or...

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0000/339/MI0000339923.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Closer, but still not metal. Still, he does look good for 50. :)

• Like 1

Or...

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0000/339/MI0000339923.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

One day I'll be 50 will you say that about me?? :o

Or...

One day I'll be 50 will you say that about me?? :o

If I'm still around, sure. Of course I'll probably be half blind and deaf, but I won't let that influence my opinion. :LOL:

...but I forgot what it was.

Getting old sucks!

:LOL:

I'm 20 and it's already happening to me all the time. I hope it's not gonna get worse with age.

Seriously sometimes I even forget the names of people I see everyday... :unsure:

Edited by Tuesday's Gone