Rush vs. Led Zeppelin, Round II

LedRush

Meh. I would take seventies Kansas over both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOdENKVYFec

donzimmer8.gif?w=1000

I can only assume that Segue is the eternally choking pussy who likes beating up on old people, and Zimmer represents a frail Jimmy Page.

It was actually intended to represent how great of a smackdown your previous video was in response to Segue. It was also a test.....which you passed by not liking the gif. BTW nice sweep over the weekend- Ellsbury 4-4 with two BB yesterday

• Like 1

Ok...maybe I do like Rush more than Kansas...revisited Kansas and was like "Awesome...but this ain't no Hemispheres".
  • Like 2

Ok...maybe I do like Rush more than Kansas...revisited Kansas and was like "Awesome...but this ain't no Hemispheres".

You should change your name to Segue Waffle. :D

• Like 2

I like waffles!

well damn.....................

In a good way :D

Mick

Mick

When I first joined this forum, I was all about the seventies era Rush.

Then I finished my collection, and fell for the synth era.

But getting into Hems has made me bust out CoS to AFTK a lot more, and yes I adore the likes of Grace Under Pressure and Hold Your Fire the exact same amount but...but...

I need Bastille Day...

• Like 2

Mick

But getting into Hems has made me bust out CoS to AFTK a lot more, and yes I adore the likes of Grace Under Pressure and Hold Your Fire the exact same amount but...but...

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

You need Red Lenses :haz:

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

i still perfer 80's rush as a whole but no denying the power of 70's Rush

Also.....i don't care about the debut but i WISH I could like FBN Or AFTK. to make my 70's Rush love a little more complete. both have eluded me.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

I played GUP today and I was in awe of that song. What a beauty! I was of the opinion it was a weak song but today I played the album and I adored it!

GUP is back in my top five, where it should have never, ever left.

Somedays I think it is the bands best album. I have always adored it.

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

I played GUP today and I was in awe of that song. What a beauty! I was of the opinion it was a weak song but today I played the album and I adored it!

the other ever elusive rush album......not liked it one ity bit, lol

not for lack of trying mind you.

Mick

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Also.....i don't care about the debut but i WISH I could like FBN Or AFTK. to make my 70's Rush love a little more complete. both have eluded me.

Mick

I don't really enjoy the debut, its good but not my style. Fly By Night is just so...I will be nice...

I think it stinks.

Yes I prefer the eighties, but the seventies is where Lerxt shone, and for me that makes it perhaps the best overall Rush era.

But PeW to Presto...I have no fault in that era.

• Like 1

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

Mick

I played it today back to back with Power Windows. Both are just incredible! And I even enjoyed The Big Money!

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

Mick

I played it today back to back with Power Windows. Both are just incredible! And I even enjoyed The Big Money!

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

Mick

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

Mick

i have Grace on now. Give me 39 mins, lol

Mick

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

Mick

i have Grace on now. Give me 39 mins, lol

Mick

I look forward to the sourpuss feedback.

1001001 SOS!

1001001 IN DISTRESS!

Always loved that...

The Body Electric is as good as Red Barchetta in my book. The Enemy Within is better than The Weapon. Distant Early Warning, Afterimage and Red Sector A are better than anything on Signals, and the rest of the album is just delicous.

And I love the quirkiness of Kid Gloves! O my, I really do.

Led can't be too happy that his LZ thread's derailed into Grace Under Pressure.

So in the spirit of the thread's original purpose...

Grace Under Pressure

HOTH

LZ II

Presence

LZ IV

LZ III

Physical Graffiti

LZ I

ITTOD

I enjoy p/g more than all of Led Zep's catalog, but Houses of the Holy comes VERY close.

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Shhh

Mick

The appeal of The Big Money eluded me for a little while, but when I started to appreciate it I realized just HOW MUCH there is to appreciate about that song. It's really an amazing composition, and I'm pretty sure they were doing copious amounts of coke when they wrote it :LOL:
  • Like 1

I can put the LZ up against the first 8 Rush records, though.

Rush vs. LZ I:

Not even close. LZ does some faithful and innovative as hell renditions of the tried and true blues standards, with Page making them louder than ever heard before. Rush's debut is derivative originals that don't offer much for me.

FBN vs. LZ II:

LZ II is full of timeless songs, while FBN has 3, maybe 4 good songs, and one masterpiece that is By-Tor. LZ II wins.

LZ III vs. CoS:

CoS has laughably bad songs in ITIGB and Lakeside Park, and one very good song, FOL. LZ III is wonderful from start to end, even if it does get a bit weird with Hats Off. More timeless classics in Since I've Been Loving You, That's The Way, and Celebration Day.

LZ IV vs. 2112:

This one's a bit tougher, but LZ wins yet again. 2112 has a few of their finest songs ever recorded but it also has The Twilight Zone on it. LZ IV wins.

Houses Of The Holy vs. AFTK:

Good lord, this is almost unfair. Led Zeppelin's best album vs. a rather mediocre Rush album that happens to have Xanadu and a couple other okay tunes on it. Houses Of The Holy is one of the finest albums ever recorded in musical history.

Physical Graffiti vs. Hemispheres:

Rush finally wins one. Physical Graffiti has some brilliant moments but also suffers from double album syndrome where it's got some songs I consider filler and not their finest work. Hemispheres is perfection.

Presence vs. Permanent Waves:

This one is very close, but I think I'm going to give it to Permanent Waves, what I would consider Rush's Houses Of The Holy. This is a blending of all of Rush's styles over their first "era", but also a taste of the near future. Presence is one of Led Zeppelin's finest records, and Achilles Last Stand is my favorite LZ song, but I gotta give it to PeW.

ITTOD vs. Moving Pictures:

I give it to Moving Pictures easily, but while it gets shit on a lot, I like ITTOD. Plant gives one of his best vocal performances on I'm Gonna Crawl, and as goofy as it is, I enjoy Hot Dog. In The Evening is probably Led Zeppelin's last true moment of brilliance.

LZ: 5

Rush: 3

Rush started winning once they wrote Hemispheres.

This is spot on, IMO.

I like waffles!

Not THOSE kinds of waffles. :)

Mick

I need Bastille Day...

Mick

I don't really enjoy the debut, its good but not my style. Fly By Night is just so...I will be nice...

I think it stinks.

Yes I prefer the eighties, but the seventies is where Lerxt shone, and for me that makes it perhaps the best overall Rush era.

But PeW to Presto...I have no fault in that era.

PeW is 70s.

Led can't be too happy that his LZ thread's derailed into Grace Under Pressure.

So in the spirit of the thread's original purpose...

Grace Under Pressure

HOTH

LZ II

Presence

LZ IV

LZ III

Physical Graffiti

LZ I

ITTOD

I enjoy p/g more than all of Led Zep's catalog, but Houses of the Holy comes VERY close.

GuP is worse than Coda, either version. Is GuP your new favorite album? Would you dare...DARE!!!... to say CP is better than HOTH?

• Like 1