Mad MAX Remake

Disembodied Spirit

Charlize Theron is one of the most annoying actresses I have ever seen...not sure what it is I dislike so much, but I always feel I am watching an actress, never a real character...

Maybe I will enjoy this...but I see her and I am all :fuckinputer:

• Like 1

Charlize Theron is one of the most annoying actresses I have ever seen...not sure what it is I dislike so much, but I always feel I am watching an actress, never a real character...

She was no prize in Prometheus either.

BUT THEY ROLLED A SHIP ON HER

That was cool haha.

That was cool haha.

I did chuckle...shame it was only CGI. Nothing like the real thing!

That was cool haha.

I did chuckle...shame it was only CGI. Nothing like the real thing!

Another dreadful scene. Running in a straight line as the ship is rolling toward her from behind. I kept thinking "maybe you should hang a left".

I saw it the other day. Great movie!

I haven't read the whole thread but this wasn't a remake. It was sort of a sequel but not really. The movie takes place after his wife and child have been killed, but it isn't directly linked the first movie because it can easily stand on its own.

Anyway, I recommend it for those who liked the originals. The action scenes were pretty impressive.

• Like 1

In preparation for this yesterday, my wife and I watched the first 3 Mad Max movies over Friday and Saturday.

Aside from maybe Max taking a back seat in his own movie (it's true!) it was really pretty good. Not 98% fresh good, I mean the Star Trek reboot was way way better than this for example, but... Anyhow Road Warrior is still the best, then the original, then this new one, and then way way way way way behind that is Thunderdome which was really terrible I totally forgot how stupid the first 90% of the movie is.

So if you don't want to see this new one, then just..

WALK AWAY. JUST WALK AWAY.

http://madmaxcostumes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/H5.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly thought it was the best action movie since Terminator 2. Beautiful action set pieces and I found that the film had a beating heart to go with it. This is how you fcking do it!

Also, 98% isn't the score out of 100%. It's an aggregate. 98% of critics LIKED it. You can like a movie, for instance, and still give it a 3/5.

Can't tell you how many people I've met over the years who misunderstand RottenTomatoes. :codger:

• Like 2

Saw it yesterday, not overly impressed but it was alright. Certainly not worth the hype.

30 min long action scenes, minimal plot/character development and an oddly placed feminist overtone.

Sounds like Mad Max just isn't for you then. The former two criticisms have always had a place in the series. I actually found that there was more character in this than the Road Warrior. It's just not build entirely on a mountain of exhausting exposition. It shows, rather than tells. And I appreciate that. So many directors spoonfeed audiences but George Miller sticks to his guns. Hats off, Georgie boy!