Not Some Market Campaign...

EbolaSandwich

Hello all. I am new to this forum, (Although not new to Rush - born in Cleveland,Oh. Saw the Moving Pictures and Power Windows tours there).

I have just completed a music video for "Natural Science",filmed in the video game "Garry's Mod", and believe it or not, I actually emailed Rush to ask permission to use the song, for purely entertainment value. (A labor of love, for sure.) I have not received a reply yet, but the video is done anyway.

My question is, would it be out of bounds to post it here?

I am not trying to self-promote, (hence, the post title) and none of my videos are monetized. I just wanted to share with people who might appreciate it.

Thanks, and hello.

I'm wondering how Anthem would feel if you posted it here (or anywhere) before they've had a chance to give or deny permission, seeing as you've already officially asked them. Then again, we see YouTube links for homemade Rush tribute videos pretty often on here.

Can someone more knowledgeable than I offer an opinion?

I'm wondering how Anthem would feel if you posted it here (or anywhere) before they've had a chance to give or deny permission, seeing as you've already officially asked them. Then again, we see YouTube links for homemade Rush tribute videos pretty often on here.

Sure. I can

I have no freaking clue. Seems illegal

• Like 2

I even researched enought to find the actual copyright info:

NATURAL SCIENCE

Writers:

Alex Zivojinovich

Geddy Lee Weinrib

Neil Elwood Peart Publishers:

Ole Core Music Publishing SESAC Work Number:

Seems illegal

Sad times when Fan-made tribute videos are deemed "Illegal."

Of course I fully understand the artist must protect their work, but the audio did come from my store-bought Permanenet Waves cd. ;)

Doesn't the copyright extend to "personal use only?" As long as you're not making money off of it I would think it would be all right to use it.

Totally forgot about this post. Here's the video I made for "Natural Science" It's been on YouTube for nearly 3 months with no repercussions..lol. It was made entirely in a game engine (SOURCE) Remember to turn "Quality" to 1080p :)

If you're not selling it or using it to publicly endorse yourself, I don't think they care. There are loads of homemade fan videos on the Internet. Edited by GeddysMullet