$$$$ Ticket Prices $$$$

CaressMySteel

I have my tickets for the Austin show. Bought them on the secondary market online from onlinecitytickets.com about a month ago. Tickets are floor tickets, row V, left center (stage right for you thespians :D ). I paid $320 a piece for them (which included the price of the tickets and fees). I got them instantly via download (part of the fees). Would have been cheaper if I had them shipped, but I didn't want to wait. Face value on the tickets is $130 dollars.

My question is, did I pay market value? What are other folks paying for floor tickets? Just curious. Thanks.

Currently on SH, there are two Section 4 Row V tickets for sale for $464 a piece. Subsequently, there are no row V available in section 4's counterpart, section 2. Directly behind section 4 is section 105. In this section, there are two Row B tickets for $383.

You can't compare prices in other venues. That's apples to oranges to bananas. Market Value is defined as an agreement between a willing buyer and willing seller. So far, it seems like you did okay.

You just have to be obsessed with finding a good deal. I've been watching the market since day 1. I finally found on Craigslist 2 mezzanine side stage row 2 tickets for $100 a piece. The original buyer paid around $85-90 (I checked with TM). Now on SH, tickets in the same section and it's counterpart are averaging $185 per ticket.

Good deals can be found. I think you got one.

Thanks for the comments. That makes me feel better. dt, I get what you are saying about other venues. Also, the first time I bought tickets from onlinecitytickets, so I wanted to make sure they were in line with other secondary sellers. I looked at a few other, including SH. onlinecity seemed to be a better deal. Of course they hit me with some fees once I picked out my tickets.

Union, it sounds like I should have done the presale. Early bird gets the worm as they say. Overall I'm happy with the purchase. Compared to tickets that were in sections farther away from the stage (in the range of $175-$200) it seemed like a better deal to get the floor seats. Siked for the show regardless.

• Like 1

CMS, if those are 22nd row, sounds like you got a decent price. In NY area, seats are way more expensive.

CMS, if those are 22nd row, sounds like you got a decent price. In NY area, seats are way more expensive.

Yep, 22nd row. And first 4 seats next to center section. So, I really like where we are. Literally 20 feet away in center section would have been $75 more or so.

Isn't everything more expensive in NY area? :eyeroll:

Where you are at affects typical pricing. I'm am going to see Rush at SAP San Jose California. I bought platinum tickets second row Floor side section (Geddy) for 495.00 a piece. Third party sites like Stub Hub, Vivid are showing roughly between 500 to 800 so I don't think I did horribly considering. Is it alot? Yes, Too much? Maybe, but I'm not taking any chances with this possibly being the last big tour.

You live life once and have to take a chance sometimes. It's better than regretting not doing anything and whining about it.

• Like 1