The Depression thread

fraroc

^^^ Too easy.

If this were his first post here ever or even his one hundredth I would think that was heartless and cruel. Now I don't. Something about a Wolf or something...

I have suffered through some serious bouts of depression some so bad I was literally paralized"what should I do?", " do this"? "don't do that", "what should I do?" then add some bad luck and poor decision making to the mix and what an insurmountable mess. I have been very fortunate because I was always able to work through it. Probably because I have so many depending on me being in a place I can functon properly. I know I am one of the lucky ones some cannot break through the anxiety. My Son is suffering the same issues. I try to help using what I did (mainly trying to stay positive and too busy to dwell on what is wrong with the world) to break through but sometimes the harder I try the worse I make it. As he has explained to me I probably am not qualified. Sometimes the world can be down right depressing. I just try to use actions as opposed to words to demonstrate that situations can be worked through. He is seeing a therapist and things look like they're on the upswing. My prayer is that he will be able to break through and have a wonderful productive life. I am thankful he has the ability to realize it and talk about it, It is truely a day by day thing. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

^^^ Too easy.

i disagree. I feel it takes an extremely strong person to take that kind of control over their own demise.

most of us wait until either dis-ease ravages our bodies, or sit around waiting until a ripe old age. Few are willing or able to take matters into their own hands and choose to leave this existence on their own terms, in their own way.

lord knows as many times as i have desired, requested, prayed to go home, i sure as f**k don't have the guts to do it.

• Like 2

^^^ Too easy.

i disagree. I feel it takes an extremely strong person to take that kind of control over their own demise.

most of us wait until either dis-ease ravages our bodies, or sit around waiting until a ripe old age. Few are willing or able to take matters into their own hands and choose to leave this existence on their own terms, in their own way.

lord knows as many times as i have desired, requested, prayed to go home, i sure as f**k don't have the guts to do it.

Amy you know you can't leave me behind! :AlienSmiley:

• Like 1

I am very moody,

When I have a stretch of bad days I go out alone with my dog for a day or two. Clear my head and get back to what I need to do. Some thing always lifts me up and tells me to get my a** back to where I need to be. :)

I am very moody,

When I have a stretch of bad days I go out alone with my dog for a day or two. Clear my head and get back to what I need to do. Some thing always lifts me up and tells me to get my a** back to where I need to be. :)

Those are just the days after another Raiders loss. :16ton:

• Like 1

^^^ Too easy.

I don't have the guts either. I've felt like that after my mother died. I still do on odd occasions.

I don;t wish myself an early exit from this life, but I certainly don't fear one either. I always liked this quote from Frida Kahlo, regarding death...

“I hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.”

Frida Kahlo

• Like 1

I am very moody,

Those are just the days after another Raiders loss. :16ton:

:moon: :LOL:

Actually its not near as bad as in the past,

I am used to it now. :P