The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

My doctor prescribed a blood pressure kit for me, but the insurance company wouldn't accept it. Do you believe that? It's not like it's something superfluous. Not everyone has forty dollars to run out and buy one.

That's ridiculous, yeah. That was why I wondered if you had an HSA, because it would make it easier to afford (presumably, anyway). I think the one I got was $60. It wasn't prescribed to me; I just wanted to have one at home.

The Lisinopril- they didn't tell me it causes hair loss! :facepalm:

I know it's even more difficult for women who experience that (I'm not just trying to make light of it)...but yeah, I didn't know that was a side effect.

Another thing it's been doing for me! :eyeroll:

Figured I would dig this one out of moth balls. Went to the ENT Dr today and ended up having a tube installed in my right ear drum because of all the sinus and inner ear issues I have been having. Mostly fluid behind the ear at this point and i can see why they put children under when they do this. As a form of torture I highly recommend this procedure to our US military and might could come in handy down in Cuba instead of waterboarding. :LOL: Geezo. I hope it helps and does as advertised but right now not feeling so good... :)

Figured I would dig this one out of moth balls. Went to the ENT Dr today and ended up having a tube installed in my right ear drum because of all the sinus and inner ear issues I have been having. Mostly fluid behind the ear at this point and i can see why they put children under when they do this. As a form of torture I highly recommend this procedure to our US military and might could come in handy down in Cuba instead of waterboarding. :LOL: Geezo. I hope it helps and does as advertised but right now not feeling so good... :)

That sounds awful. Let's at least hope it helps after having to endure such a procedure.

Go read the nice post LIX wrote about you in the "Tell someone you love them" thread. That will cheer you up a bit! :)

• Like 1

Never mind. I see you already saw it. :)

Thanks dear yes I already saw it and it did help. Sorry I forgot your trademark in my response... :LOL:
  • Like 1

When I was a child, I had a tube in each ear to address horrible inner ear issues (constant ear infections, ear drums rupturing... :| not fun). The tubes made me feel SO MUCH better, and I hope that yours will provide you with the same relief!

• Like 2

Had my fourth (and hopefully last) orthoscopic procedure on my knees today.

Happy to have that behind me.

Slept like a baby when I got home.

I'm chomping at the bit to get on my spin bike and get the physical therapy underway.

• Like 8

I'm chomping at the bit to get on my spin bike and get the physical therapy underway.

Get well soon, RGLT :)

• Like 1

Completely understand and wish you all the best my friend... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Put on some Alice Cooper & let those legs fly!

• Like 1

Get well soon, RGLT :)

Thanks Librarian!

I'll be ready for our dancing in no time. :)

Completely understand and wish you all the best my friend... :cheers:

Thanks Narasauros Rex!

I know you understand and I appreciate your kind words.

• Like 1

Put on some Alice Cooper & let those legs fly!

Thanks Turbine...

...that's exactly what I'm doing today.

A little Alice from the 2013 Wacken gig.

Woke up this morning with vertigo. Nearly fell over when I tried to get out of bed (no, I haven't been drinking!). I'm guessing it's an inner ear infection - I hope it clears up soon.

Woke up this morning with vertigo. Nearly fell over when I tried to get out of bed (no, I haven't been drinking!). I'm guessing it's an inner ear infection - I hope it clears up soon.

I've had only one experience with an inner ear infection, and it wasn't good...hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

I've had only one experience with an inner ear infection, and it wasn't good...hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Blue J. It doesn't seem too bad as long as I don't move my head much and has eased a bit during the day.

Ouch, hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

Did you wake up and your bedroom was spinning around?

Did you wake up and your bedroom was spinning around?

Yep - that's exactly what happened.

Another day of inhaling smoke. Another day of a yellowish hazy atmosphere (which really throws me off - it's strange) with a red ball in the sky that is the sun. My husband says he is starting to see many people walking around with particle mask on.

I'm wondering if the smoky atmosphere is what is causing me to have headaches every day and slight chest pains.

Edited by Lorraine