Buying Tickets On Show Day

upstateNYfan

Do any of you have experience or success waiting 'til the last minute to buy your tickets, either online or at the box office? I ask because I'll be in certain cities on show days but don't have tickets yet.

Lucked out once for Cleveland in 2011 by buying tickets the morning of and hightailing it to Cleveland. I was on the side, but very close to the stage.

Recent years have been decent since Rush isn't the "draw" they once were...but with the "last tour" hype..it may NOT be quite as easy!

Had a friend that hit a show (and decent seats) in Philly with no difficulty a few tours back, and know of another person that wandered up on a show day and got good seats from the box office last tour.

I keep wondering if the "last tour" thing is a way to prevent last minute sales....

I have tried to wait but just couldn't handle the thought of going to a show without a ticket. I have heard a lot of stories about people who waited until the day of the show and got great seats at a bargain. Unfortunately, I haven't been one of them.

Recent years have been decent since Rush isn't the "draw" they once were...but with the "last tour" hype..it may NOT be quite as easy!

Had a friend that hit a show (and decent seats) in Philly with no difficulty a few tours back, and know of another person that wandered up on a show day and got good seats from the box office last tour.

I keep wondering if the "last tour" thing is a way to prevent last minute sales....

So do I. Then again if a person or service is "stuck" with a bunch of tix the day of the concert, how else to dump them but show up at the venue and hawk them? Possibly shady, could be risky, and depending on the location, illegal-especially if one is triyng to sell at greater than face value.

Discuss.

So do I. Then again if a person or service is "stuck" with a bunch of tix the day of the concert, how else to dump them but show up at the venue and hawk them? Possibly shady, could be risky, and depending on the location, illegal-especially if one is triyng to sell at greater than face value.

Discuss.

Selling for more then face is not illegal except for maybe 5-10 states. The selling on property is where the issue is mostly. In Nevada you can sell for anything you want. But youi are not allowed to sell on the property that is holding a show. Not even for a $1. In fact security when they have fiving people a hassle for giving away tickets Each state is different, the last time I was in Cincinnataia you could sell at the venue but had to have a reseller license that had to be on your body.

In Glendale you can sell on property but you have to in the assigned reseller location. Talked to a broker and they said if they tried to sell outside the designated selling area, they most likely be arrested if caught. Which made buying a pain in the butt, since they where all in one area, they would not undercut each other and kept the prices inflated the one time I went to buy a event.

As for beung stuck, yes they will drop the price. But if the heat is to hot or the prices get to low they just go home. They can always use unsold tickets as business expenses. They prefer not to, but I have seen them go home then deal with all the B.S. I'm in a deceent situation, I have had brokers give me tickets to shows as long as I return the ticket the next day so they could use them as a business loss.

Edited by LEDZEPZOSO

Do any of you have experience or success waiting 'til the last minute to buy your tickets, either online or at the box office? I ask because I'll be in certain cities on show days but don't have tickets yet.

Lucked out once for Cleveland in 2011 by buying tickets the morning of and hightailing it to Cleveland. I was on the side, but very close to the stage.

For the CA tour stop in Philly, an hour and a half before show time, I went to the box office and bought a single ticket and it put me in the center floor section, 11th row from the stage. Needless to say it was a great seat!! I plan on doing the same thing for this tour as well! Good Luck!

• Like 1

I got front row in Philly on the Time Machine tour ... just got lucky enough to be first in line at the ticket booth and they had VIP tickets for folks who were not going to attend. I passed on my upper section ticket to amother fan who was there for the party but didn't have money to get in -- good deal all around.

If there is a show I want to go to and I can't get good tickets, I'll get cheaper tickets just to make SURE I can get in, and then try to upgrade on show day. If you are able to upgrade, you can always pass the cheaper tickets on to someone else.

• Like 1

This is all I have done for the past three shows. 2/3 came out great! On the S+A tour, second leg I got 4th row (2 tickets), on the TM tour I couldn't get great seats so I bargained with an Ebay scalper for $50 for a pair of lower bowl seats. On the CA tour I got front row.

My advice: be sure to have a day or two to sit and invest. I refreshed TM every 15 minutes for nearly two days. I was on vacation watching TV, so I didn't have much to do. That is my plan, because no matter where you are sitting it's going to be amazing.

Being up front is amazing, but it's nicer to sit a little further away so you I can enjoy the lights and sound. I find myself wanting to 'connect' with the band more when up front, and it can distract from the music. Plus the sound---ick.

• Like 1