Why doesn't Geddy write more lyrics?

YYZumbi

Because the way they do it now works for them. It gives everyone a job to do that they do well. Why mess with perfection?

The only time I'm exposed to Geddy solo music is on the Rush channel I have on I Heart Radio. Should I seek his solo work out?

He only has the one album......My Favorite Headache. if you like VT.......it's directly up your alley.

Mick

I don't think they're all that similar. I listen to VT quite a bit, MFH, not so much. Ceiling Unlimited, Sweet Miracle, Nocturne, and Ghost Rider are all better than anything on MFH. VT seems to me to have a lot more energy, and much better lyrics; VT is some of Neil's best work and Ged doesn't nearly measure up as a lyricist..he's better than he was on the debut but the lyrics are mostly mediocre.

They would need to create another Rush album for Geddy to write more lyrics. They haven't and Geddy hasn't.

They wouldn't want to upset the publishing rights apple cart at this point anyway. It's not just about words...it's about money.

Shouldn't matter if they split everything even three ways now?

So Victor is Alex's solo effort?

I seem to remember it was offered not necessarily as a "solo Alex Lifeson" album, but just a different band featuring Lifeson--but I don't think anyone really considered it that way. His face is on the cover, for one thing.

Several "bands" have a particular member or likeness appearing on covers in various guises. Jethro Tull is one, Max Webster, I'm sure here are more. Japan? I don't think victor is a band album, its clearly mostly Al. The cover works. Its not just his face its a distorted view of it

Because Pratt is a lyrical (and in every other sense of the word) genius...Not that Ged isn't a musical genius. He takes Neil's words and sometimes rearranges the phrasing so he can sing to fit the music, but they're still ideas and notions from Pratt's mind. So that's why, end thread please.

They would need to create another Rush album for Geddy to write more lyrics. They haven't and Geddy hasn't.

They wouldn't want to upset the publishing rights apple cart at this point anyway. It's not just about words...it's about money.

Shouldn't matter if they split everything even three ways now?

So Victor is Alex's solo effort?

I seem to remember it was offered not necessarily as a "solo Alex Lifeson" album, but just a different band featuring Lifeson--but I don't think anyone really considered it that way. His face is on the cover, for one thing.

Several "bands" have a particular member or likeness appearing on covers in various guises. Jethro Tull is one, Max Webster, I'm sure here are more. Japan? I don't think victor is a band album, its clearly mostly Al. The cover works. Its not just his face its a distorted view of it

Victor is definitely Lifeson solo. If you enjoy Alex' emotional, quirky, hard rock style, it is definitely worth a listen.

To those wanting Geddy/Alex reincarnation, if need be, as Leafson, they would surely rock!

Wiki -

While the bulk of Lifeson's work in music has been with Rush, Lifeson's first major outside work was his solo project, Victor, released in 1996. Victor was attributed as a self-titled work (i.e. Victor is attributed as the artist as well as the album title). This was done deliberately as an alternative to issuing the album explicitly under Lifeson's name. The title track is from the W.H. Auden poem, also entitled "Victor". Both son Adrian and wife Charlene also contributed to the album