Another New Muse Song - Dead Inside

RushBoingo

I'll just say this: It's catchy, but I don't see myself enjoying it in the long run. They can salvage! Maybe...

Yeesh, everyone is a downer here. I get where people are coming from on the critique of the most recent songs from drones, but I feel like a lot of people are criticising their two most recent albums based on the added electronics. I see this mirroring Rush quite a bit here. They are moving on with their song writing. They wrote what they wanted on those first four albums, and they have progressed to what they want to write about now. Regardless of what I may think of their most recent singles (alright, but not any favorites yet) I applaud them for their strife at progress.

Side note, I feel like they are shooting for the billboard top 40 with Dead Inside, which would explain why its the album opener, despite its weak attempts at being introductory.

You call it progress, I call it degradation. It's not just the electronics -- their music became more electronic with Black Holes and Revelations and they did good on that album. Psycho and Dead Inside simply suck :huh:l

• Like 1

Yeesh, everyone is a downer here. I get where people are coming from on the critique of the most recent songs from drones, but I feel like a lot of people are criticising their two most recent albums based on the added electronics. I see this mirroring Rush quite a bit here. They are moving on with their song writing. They wrote what they wanted on those first four albums, and they have progressed to what they want to write about now. Regardless of what I may think of their most recent singles (alright, but not any favorites yet) I applaud them for their strife at progress.

Side note, I feel like they are shooting for the billboard top 40 with Dead Inside, which would explain why its the album opener, despite its weak attempts at being introductory.

You call it progress, I call it degradation. It's not just the electronics -- their music became more electronic with Black Holes and Revelations and they did good on that album. Psycho and Dead Inside simply suck :huh:l

Progress, is a term that means move along, their quality of music shifted in one way or another. I was not personally pointing at one or another opinion, just saying that they were changing, and getting bashed for doing so. I personally hate when people expect musicians to produce an album with the same sound and style as the last one.

Personally, yes they did very well with black holes. They went a little too far with The Resistance (trying to hard to be epic, that they forgot to give their songs strong bones to work off of), but I quite enjoyed the second law (still some filler tracks, but very cohesive). With Psycho and Dead Inside, though, I don't find anything spectacular there, it makes me optimistic about what else will be on the album.

I'm not sure if I should say this, but I watched a leaked "Making Of" video for The Globalist and Defector and it has reassured my faith in the future album massively.
  • Like 1