• Exit... Stage Left
    • Grace Under Pressure (Live)
    • A Show of Hands
    • Different Stages (all cds)
    • Rush in Rio
    • R30 - 30th Anniversary World Tour
    • Snakes and Arrows Tour
    • Clockwork Angels Tour

S&A tour, because the extended section of songs from S&A is the least inspired output they've ever done.

That's next. I went to that show and my son had to wake me when the good stuff started being played... :zzz:

i can't do that...yet. Say what you will about the Snakes stuff. The deeper cuts were awesome.'

Mick

Was he yodeling at that time or did that come later? I can't recall and I know you would know... :)

Lol. on the DVD at least....a little straining. and traces of Swiss rush. but nothing where you want to hide your love of Rush from friends and relatives.

Mick

:laughing guy: Needed that. The day is made... :codger:

anytime. And i 'm ust giving an opinion......but i'm glad it tickles you, lol

Mom always says try to do good deeds, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Love the CA album so it's tough to see that one leading. With that being said, I pretty much stopped caring about the live albums since they've put one out every tour.

Being old school, in my mind there are only 3 live albums, ATWAS, ESL, and that new one.... ASOH. So voted for ASOH.

• Like 1

Love the CA album so it's tough to see that one leading. With that being said, I pretty much stopped caring about the live albums since they've put one out every tour.

Being old school, in my mind there are only 3 live albums, ATWAS, ESL, and that new one.... ASOH. So voted for ASOH.

And ESL barely qualifies... :)

I really hope Ged never ever reads my posts.

if you're reading Ged......i love you. your my fav bass player. But threads about your voice keep poping up.

and oh i'm sorry, lol

Mick

Try to look at it from his point of view. He was the first to know his voice was going, and it's got to be depressing. He's fallen from such a height of what he used to be able to do to where he is now.

if you're reading Ged......i love you. your my fav bass player. But threads about your voice keep poping up.

and oh i'm sorry, lol

Mick

Try to look at it from his point of view. He was the first to know his voice was going, and it's got to be depressing. He's fallen from such a height of what he used to be able to do to where he is now.

In the 90s Ged sang in more of a 'normal' register with less falsetto. At the time I though it was a smart move to preserve his voice. Then on VT thru CA Ged goes back to more falsetto and seemed to have some trouble with it. Never sure why he did that. I think his lower singing on parts of CP and RTB were among best of his career. Anyone also see it that way?

and oh i'm sorry, lol

Mick

In the 90s Ged sang in more of a 'normal' register with less falsetto. At the time I though it was a smart move to preserve his voice. Then on VT thru CA Ged goes back to more falsetto and seemed to have some trouble with it. Never sure why he did that. I think his lower singing on parts of CP and RTB were among best of his career. Anyone also see it that way?

I can't say I ever noticed the falsetto singing. I know he started lowering notes around the Signals era. Just a few here and there but by the time CP and RTB were out he was doing it much more.

and oh i'm sorry, lol

Mick

I can't say I ever noticed the falsetto singing. I know he started lowering notes around the Signals era. Just a few here and there but by the time CP and RTB were out he was doing it much more.

Yeah, the only time I can think of Geddy using falsetto is on Secret Touch and The Way the Wind Blows
  • Like 1

and oh i'm sorry, lol

Mick

Yeah, the only time I can think of Geddy using falsetto is on Secret Touch and The Way the Wind Blows

Challenge accepted Ted...

So I listened to Caravan and Cut to the Chase and I would agree, I should have not said falsetto, but Ged is ending many lines on CA in an upper register. For example, how he ends the 'where a young man has a chance of making good'

On Cut, so many lines he starts out with a seemingly low pure voice, 'it's the fire that ignites itself' in a much lower register. When he increases singing in intensity on CP, it sounds a more natural voice as if there is no attempt to hit the high notes, just only to sing.

Amendment....just listened to Seven Cities...he is waaaay up there, maybe not like Temples....but up there!

Edited by Gabrielgil513