Idea for a tattoo based on The Pass lyrics

G Lee

This may be somewhat premature and cheesy, but I'm just looking for ideas...

So, I'm thinking a picture tatt based around lyrics from the pass could be very meaningful to me. I'm gonna post the segment of lyrics I have in mind, and just let me know if any cool pictures pop into your heads :).

"Here you are standing on a rocky ledge, Looking down into a heartless sea, Can't face life on the razors edge, Nothing's what you thought it would be...Everyone gets lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars...Turn around and walk the razors edge"

(Way too much probably :P)

Edited by geddylennon
  • Like 1

maybe you should choose the most meaningful line in the song, i know thats hard but something shorter would be easier. also, avoid cheesy fonts. its awful when somebody gets a meaningful tattoo but its ruined by a terrible font. typewriter fonts are pretty popular but just go with what you like best.

this is the closest typewriter font that my computer has.

tumblr_nlabrkeOJl1s4zroko1_400.png

• Like 1

I like that idea maybe for a back of the leg piece. I could maybe incorporate those lyrics around a picture of a girl literally standing on a ledge in front of a seascape, turning her head around or up to look at the stars...I wish I could think of a way to incorporate the razors edge part as well...perhaps make the ledge really narrow and sharp looking.

Options, options.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/362/2/f/girl_standing_on_a_cliff_by_lulubell18-d35u2zi.jpg

Except at night...with crescent moon and stars.

• Like 1

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/362/2/f/girl_standing_on_a_cliff_by_lulubell18-d35u2zi.jpg

I really, really love this.

• Like 2

I really, really love this.

A good tattoo artist will work with you to take all of your ideas and turn them into something that will look great on your skin. Bring all your ideas, printouts, etc. to him/her for a design session before you ever get started on the ink work. You'll end up with something much better than just telling them to copy a picture onto your body.

• Like 2

^^ Ha, yes, I've never even asked my main artist to "copy" a picture onto me. Kalin is great at turning ideas into grand art. I tend to let him go in his own direction and he has never let me down. Was just curious to see what people here might dream up.
  • Like 1