Miles Davis: "Kind Of Blue"

RUSHHEAD666

Damn you guys are way to cultured for me. I suck pretty bad it seems... :codger:

cultured? haha, the period of miles I like most is probably closer to rock in my mind. and it's not too late to order a few CDs, or just pull up the man's work on youtube

I always thought Miles was kind of "high brow" music sort of like Dylan. @ssholes (commoners)like me just don't "get it"...

Nah, I think you're talking yourself out of it. But to each his own. "If you choose not to decide, you still"... ;)

I thought you didn't like Bob Dylan just because you didn't like him- his voice, or the music, or whatever. But I wouldn't call him high-brow at all.

Damn you guys are way to cultured for me. I suck pretty bad it seems... :codger:

cultured? haha, the period of miles I like most is probably closer to rock in my mind. and it's not too late to order a few CDs, or just pull up the man's work on youtube

I always thought Miles was kind of "high brow" music sort of like Dylan. @ssholes (commoners)like me just don't "get it"...

I thought you didn't like Bob Dylan just because you didn't like him- his voice, or the music, or whatever. But I wouldn't call him high-brow at all.

All of the above. Pure torture...

I dunno about you guys, but I like coltrane more than miles (even though I prefer miles' electric stuff to most of coltrane's stuff). if he'd live into the 70s, I think he could've put out some really really heavy music

Absolutely, if he had gone electric at all...man oh man, look out! That would have been amazing.

He died during the year of Miles's last great quintet, right before he started on the electric stuff. Would have been interesting to find out if Trane would have followed that lead.

Coltrane's later albums, from about '64 on, are soooo far out...adding electric instrumentation? Insane! (Insanely good).

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

All of the above. Pure torture...

:P

Okay, then.

I dunno about you guys, but I like coltrane more than miles (even though I prefer miles' electric stuff to most of coltrane's stuff). if he'd live into the 70s, I think he could've put out some really really heavy music

Absolutely, if he had gone electric at all...man oh man, look out! That would have been amazing.

He died during the year of Miles's last great quintet, right before he started on the electric stuff. Would have been interesting to find out if Trane would have followed that lead.

Coltrane's later albums, from about '64 on, are soooo far out...adding electric instrumentation? Insane! (Insanely good).

om is an overlooked gem...it's like a HYF or COS for coltrane! :D

Nothin' to worry about, man.

Hey, I bought Sad Wings of Destiny just last week, due in large part to your influence. You and Your_Lion, and the thread that Earl started about it- I took the plunge. Love it. First Priest album I've ever owned.

You might like some of the heavy jazz-rock that Miles was putting out, in the time frame we've been talking about. It's really incredible, if you get into it.

Hey buddy! I'm so happy you bought that Priest album! Now get "Sin After Sin" and "Stained Class!"

• Like 2

Love all areas Miles...and Kind Of Blue is a true masterpiece...just really really really great music!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! He is the true pioneer of evolving the complex art of jazz. "Bitches Brew" blows my mind every time.

• Like 1