While we're on the subject of Kanye West...

custom55

Talented, yes.

But that ego lost my interest years ago.

But very talented, as is Jay Z.

When it comes to this kind of "artistry" I have to be able to find at least one redeeming quality about the production and work that went into said track...naturally the industry is filled with ghost-writers who actually get paid to come up with some of these less-than-inventive lyrics. The really early Kanye was the good stuff...pretty much everything after 808s & Heartbreak just fell into the garbage pile. Its natural for people "in the game" to have a very huge ego and an abrasive personality...but there's no excuse for Kanye acting like such a baby and being so insulting to an actual musician. "Producing" rap and hip-hop tracks isn't exactly hard...but the ones who pioneered the genre like Dr. Dre, Pac & Biggie, J. Dilla, Mos Def, basically the original east-coast west-coast crews have/had the most talent...though that's a strange word to throw around in a genre with a plethora of mindless subwoofer shaking. Hip-hop/Rap ain't what it used to be! :codger:

oh god, I've heard this song in so many Vine posts. I don't want to come off as a music snob but I really can't stand kanye west.
  • Like 3

oh god, I've heard this song in so many Vine posts. I don't want to come off as a music snob but I really can't stand kanye west.

You and me both!

• Like 2

Nas and Outkast put The Throne to shame.

Also, shame on them for doing to Five To One by The Doors what Puffy did to Kashmir. Jim Morrison needs to come back from the dead and kick Kanye's ass.

OutKast is and will always be at the top of the list.

I too hate when rappers just use samples all willy-nilly like. Lots of fans feel disrespected...I can only imagine the reactions from the artists...Here's one I found a few years ago that actually samples Rush. Its basically the guitars and synth from YYZ...I feel like it could have been a lot worse in the wrong hands...but I enjoyed this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PebQSSwjko