The Official 2015 Oakland Raiders Thread! The DEL RIO era begins!! And Earl demands a Super Bowl! And so does Troutman!

treeduck

Report: Raiders “planning” to host Ndamukong Suh next week

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwq0n2jmmzlhzjmymzrmzgeynzmyoda3owmxoty4nwvi-e1425583865320.jpeg?w=250

The Raiders are said to have designs on huddling with the top free agent in the Class of 2015.

According to Mike Silver of NFL Media, the Raiders are “planning” to meet with Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh next week, the first of free agency.

Per NFL rules, teams cannot begin to negotiate and have contact with the agents of other clubs’ prospective free agents until 4 p.m. Eastern on Friday, so it’s unclear whether the Raiders are simply being hopeful about meeting with Suh.

Nevertheless, this is a signal that the Raiders, as expected, want to be players for Suh, PFT’s No. 1 free agent. Oakland certainly has the salary cap space to strike a deal. Per Spotrac.com. the Raiders are set to be $58.8 million under the cap in 2015.

Teams can start to host players on free agent visits starting Tuesday, when the new league year begins.

With the cash they have on hand,

There are no excuses for not signing some top notch players. :madra:

Aye! :hail:

• Like 1

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwq0n2jmmzlhzjmymzrmzgeynzmyoda3owmxoty4nwvi-e1425583865320.jpeg?w=250

The Raiders are said to have designs on huddling with the top free agent in the Class of 2015.

According to Mike Silver of NFL Media, the Raiders are “planning” to meet with Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh next week, the first of free agency.

Per NFL rules, teams cannot begin to negotiate and have contact with the agents of other clubs’ prospective free agents until 4 p.m. Eastern on Friday, so it’s unclear whether the Raiders are simply being hopeful about meeting with Suh.

Nevertheless, this is a signal that the Raiders, as expected, want to be players for Suh, PFT’s No. 1 free agent. Oakland certainly has the salary cap space to strike a deal. Per Spotrac.com. the Raiders are set to be $58.8 million under the cap in 2015.

Teams can start to host players on free agent visits starting Tuesday, when the new league year begins.

Signing him and Cobb would be a great start!! :D

I think Cobb will want more than $11 million but that won't matter the Raiders could sign him, his mother and her pack of pet poodles with their cap space!

• Like 1

I think Cobb will want more than $11 million but that won't matter the Raiders could sign him, his mother and her pack of pet poodles with their cap space!

Plus,

They are going to let go of some more players to free up even more money.

• Like 1

Plus,

Yeah, I haven't thought this for a long time, but I like the Raiders' position this year. They should end up at the very least with a solid, competitive team for 2015.

• Like 1

Plus,

Yeah, I haven't thought this for a long time, but I like the Raiders' position this year. They should end up at the very least with a solid, competitive team for 2015.

My luck,

They will have a really good team but announce they will be moviing to L.A. in a year or two. :facepalm:

Edited by troutman

Plus,

My luck,

They will have a really good team but announce they will be moviing to L.A. in a year or two. :facepalm:

I still think the Rams are the front runners for LA, this stadium share scheme with the Chargers is a non-starter according to most articles I've seen.

• Like 1

Plus,

My luck,

I still think the Rams are the front runners for LA, this stadium share scheme with the Chargers is a non-starter according to most articles I've seen.

I hope so. :cheers:

• Like 1

Plus,

My luck,

I hope so. :cheers:

Aye the Rams belong in LA but the Raiders belong in Oakland.

• Like 1

The Raiders are rising like a phoenix from the flames!

Book it!!!

There's a crazy rumour that the Eagles are gonna trade their 2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd, their 2016 1st, 2nd, 3rd and their 2017 1st and 2nd and Nick Foles for the Bucs 2015 1st and Mike Evans. Sounds like bullshit unless Mike Ditka is the new GM there!

Book it!!!

There's a crazy rumour that the Eagles are gonna trade their 2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd, their 2016 1st, 2nd, 3rd and their 2017 1st and 2nd and Nick Foles for the Bucs 2015 1st and Mike Evans. Sounds like bullshit unless Mike Ditka is the new GM there!

If you see Marcus Mariota shopping for wedding dresses, be very afraid, Eagles fans.

• Like 1

Chip is in self-destruct mode!!

The Philadelphia Ducks rule!!

The NFL is a copycat league. Trading a bunch of high picks for a Heisman winning QB worked so well for their division brethren three years ago they had to follow suit to keep up.

• Like 1

Book it!!!

If you see Marcus Mariota shopping for wedding dresses, be very afraid, Eagles fans.

:LOL:

Raiders staying in Oakland . . . for a year

Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2015, 3:58 PM EST

blackhole0405.jpg?w=250

Good news, Raiders fans in Oakland and the Bay Area. The team isn’t leaving.

Bad news, Raiders fans in Oakland and the Bay Area. They still might.

The Joint Powers Authority in Oakland has approved a one-year lease that will allow the Raiders to play at O.Co Coliseum, via NBCBayArea.com. The move was expected because the window for submitting a relocation application has come and gone. It was a given that the Raiders would remain in Oakland for one more year.

The question becomes what they’ll do in 2016. The Chargers and Raiders are collaborating on a stadium they would share in Carson, California.

The powers-that-be in Carson and Inglewood currently are racing for the ability to build an NFL stadium in the L.A. area. The Chargers, Raiders, and Rams hope to be the two teams that end up there.

At least one of those teams will be the odd man out. If it’s the Raiders, they may be stuck in Oakland for a lot longer than 2015.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Raiders staying in Oakland . . . for a year

Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2015, 3:58 PM EST

blackhole0405.jpg?w=250

Good news, Raiders fans in Oakland and the Bay Area. The team isn’t leaving.

Bad news, Raiders fans in Oakland and the Bay Area. They still might.

The Joint Powers Authority in Oakland has approved a one-year lease that will allow the Raiders to play at O.Co Coliseum, via NBCBayArea.com. The move was expected because the window for submitting a relocation application has come and gone. It was a given that the Raiders would remain in Oakland for one more year.

The question becomes what they’ll do in 2016. The Chargers and Raiders are collaborating on a stadium they would share in Carson, California.

The powers-that-be in Carson and Inglewood currently are racing for the ability to build an NFL stadium in the L.A. area. The Chargers, Raiders, and Rams hope to be the two teams that end up there.

At least one of those teams will be the odd man out. If it’s the Raiders, they may be stuck in Oakland for a lot longer than 2015.

I figured they would play there this season,

Just not too hopeful after that.

Edited by troutman