Lorraine...if you ever move past dial up

JARG

Just out of curiousity, is high speed internet really so expensive in the US? Like how much for ~10 MB/s per month?

In Germany you can currently get a package of 120 MB/s internet flat + telephone flat (national landline) + digital high-def tv for only 30 euro.

Or alternatively just (slower, but still highspeed) internet and telephone (national landline) flat for about 20 euro or less.

So maybe move to Germany? Haha jk...

Irenicus, it isn't that expensive when you, what we call here, "bundle" with television and cell phone. But we have no television. Nor do we own cell phones. By itself, high speed internet would cost us at least an extra thirty dollars a month. We simply do not have that to spare, as we do need to eat from time to time. As it is, our auto insurance just went up by an extra five dollars a month. I know that is nothing to most of you, but to us, it is.
  • Like 1

Definitely go back to steps two and three of toymaker's tutorial at the top of the previous page. If you have the four-count down, then incorporating the bass drum (the tapping if the foot) and the other hand should follow pretty naturally (or at least it may feel that way by this time tomorrow).

Lorainne's drum lesson, day 2:

Try this slowwwwly at first: for every "kick" make like you're hitting the bass drum pedal with your right foot; for every "tap", that's your left hand hitting the edge of the table (the snare drum). Once you get the hang of that, use your right hand to tap out every syllable (so, for example, the very first syllable is right foot and right hand at the same time). The last bit can be tricky. If you can get the feel for this pattern, you might find it easier later on to throw in extra bass drum beats (kick-kick-tap-kick)

kick-and-2-and-tap-and-4-and-1-and-kick-and-tap-and-4-and-kick-and-2-and-tap-and-4-and-1-and-kick-and-tap-kick-4-and-

(somebody correct if I've screwed this up)

Edited by toymaker

Try this slowwwwly at first: for every "kick" make like you're hitting the bass drum pedal with your right foot; for every "tap", that's your left hand hitting the edge of the table (the snare drum). Once you get the hang of that, use your right hand to tap out every syllable (so, for example, the very first syllable is right foot and right hand at the same time). The last bit can be tricky. If you can get the feel for this pattern, you might find it easier later on to throw in extra bass drum beats (kick-kick-tap-kick)

kick-and-2-and-tap-and-4-and-1-and-kick-and-tap-and-4-and-kick-and-2-and-tap-and-4-and-1-and-kick-and-tap-kick-4-and-

But I may get a charley horse doing this. I'm no spring chick you know. :codger:

I'm having difficulties here with my foot wanting to do an involuntary and out of place tap when it shouldn't be tapping at all.

I think it is quite safe to say that I neither possess the necessary coordination, concentration and, above all, talent to play the drums.

Irenicus, it isn't that expensive when you, what we call here, "bundle" with television and cell phone. But we have no television. Nor do we own cell phones. By itself, high speed internet would cost us at least an extra thirty dollars a month. We simply do not have that to spare, as we do need to eat from time to time. As it is, our auto insurance just went up by an extra five dollars a month. I know that is nothing to most of you, but to us, it is.

Sounds tough,

I am happy for you. Most couldn't do what you do these days. :hug2:

• Like 1

But I may get a charley horse doing this. I'm no spring chick you know. :codger:

I'm having difficulties here with my foot wanting to do an involuntary and out of place tap when it shouldn't be tapping at all.

I think it is quite safe to say that I neither possess the necessary coordination, concentration and, above all, talent to play the drums.

Few people lock into it right away. If you work through it slowly and repeatedly, I'm sure you will get there. You're going to need these skills if you're going to be a part of the new Rush tribute band I'm trying to put together. Don't worry, though, because you won't need to buy drums. . . . Do you have any tupperware?

• Like 1

Few people lock into it right away. If you work through it slowly and repeatedly, I'm sure you will get there. You're going to need these skills if you're going to be a part of the new Rush tribute band I'm trying to put together. Don't worry, though, because you won't need to buy drums. . . . Do you have any tupperware?

Why, yes, I do happen to have some tupperware. A tiny bowl. A medium sized bowl. And a big bowl.

I also have a splendid collection of various sized bowls that I purchased at the one and only - Walmart!! - when I used to actually walk into the place from time to time. They are still in their original packaging as I have never used them. They might come in handy for this tribute band.

I have some big wooden spoons too. :)

• Like 1

Why, yes, I do happen to have some tupperware. A tiny bowl. A medium sized bowl. And a big bowl.

I also have a splendid collection of various sized bowls that I purchased at the one and only - Walmart!! - when I used to actually walk into the place from time to time. They are still in their original packaging as I have never used them. They might come in handy for this tribute band.

Great! If the percussion thing doesn't work out, at least we can have a delightful salad.

• Like 2

:LOL:

:Neil: :Neil: :Neil: :Neil: :Neil:

• Like 1