ACCEPT VS. THE SCORPIONS: GERMAN METAL SHOWDOWN! CAPS ON! METAL RULES!

RUSHHEAD666

ACCEPT VS. THE SCORPIONS: WHO IS GERMANY'S BEST?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Old School German Heavy Metal Band Do You Love The Most?

• ACCEPT
    • THE SCORPIONS
    • NONE! GIVE ME HELLOWEEN!!!

Accept had more balls, no pun intended. Much more Metal. The Scorpions had a great run of albums though. I like them both for different reasons. Accept was more pure Metal. No bullshit type of band. The scorps experimented more.
  • Like 2

Accept had more balls, no pun intended. Much more Metal. The Scorpions had a great run of albums though. I like them both for different reasons. Accept was more pure Metal. No bullshit type of band. The scorps experimented more.

Well stated! I've been listening to the RCA Scorpions stuff this weekend. It's amazing stuff but yes, Accept is real metal. Perhaps a bad comparison at the end of the day, but I will take Accept anyday.

Best band to come out of Germany period.

Just put on "Breaker."

• Like 1

Man this is a hard one. The Scorps had the most big hits (to my ear anyway), Accept had the single best song of all 3 groups (Balls to the Wall man!!!) and Helloween had the single best album (Keeper of the 7 Keys Part 1. although Keeper of the 7 Keys Part 2 is not far behind and far from bad).

My vote goes to (1) Accept, (2) Helloween (3) The Scorps. Not a knock on The Scrps - a wonderful group, just a little behind the other 2.

• Like 1

Also, The Scorps career was identical to Judas Priest.. Cool, experimental 70s stuff, and then they got shittier as the 80s went on. They sound like a different in the 70s.

Also, The Scorps career was identical to Judas Priest.. Cool, experimental 70s stuff, and then they got shittier as the 80s went on. They sound like a different in the 70s.

spot-on. only difference is scorps never redeemed themselves later on

Yo! I just left you a "Balls To The Wall" Accept homage in the "Wet Dream Theater" Thread!

After "Savage Amusement" it was over for me.

"Tease Me Please Me." "Crazy World" is shit.

I will take "Russian Roulette" by ACCEPT any day! It's better than "Metal Heart!"

Man this is a hard one. The Scorps had the most big hits (to my ear anyway), Accept had the single best song of all 3 groups (Balls to the Wall man!!!) and Helloween had the single best album (Keeper of the 7 Keys Part 1. although Keeper of the 7 Keys Part 2 is not far behind and far from bad).

My vote goes to (1) Accept, (2) Helloween (3) The Scorps. Not a knock on The Scrps - a wonderful group, just a little behind the other 2.

AWESOME! YOU ROCK!!!

Love both bands, but nothing Accept ever did comes close to Lovedrive

I wish Michael Schenker would have stayed in the Scorpions after he recorded Lovedrive

Holiday, Another Piece Of Meat, Lovedrive, Loving You Sunday Morning and Always Somewhere are all total classics

• Like 1

.. and how could I forget Coast To Coast ??

awesome

You make it very hard to argue.

"Lovedrive" VS "Breaker"

I'm "BURNING" baby!

I am taking "BREAKER!"

Both with epic album covers too!!

The UK/GERMAN/JAPAN cover with the bubble gum on the woman's breast does take the cake, I mean Bubble YUM!

Scorps. Period.

Accept is cool, but the Scorpions was the first metal band I cared about. Part of my growing up.