Official 2015 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Kisner playing with Baby today. After 6 straight pars Kis has birdied 7, 8 and 9 to get to 3 under. Baby is even for the day (2 birdies and 2 bogeys) and still even for the event... :dweez:
  • Like 1

So, Narp, I'm struggling with the whole "playoff" thing. Is it correct that even being a trunk-slammer, Spieth is in the hunt? Advancing is still based on total FedEx points for the year?

EDIT: despite the two missed cuts, Spieth is still in contention for the $10 million champion's bonus.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/13571249/jordan-spieth-main-takeaway-deutsche-bank-championship-missed-cut-staying-mentally-sharp

Answered my own question with a quick Google search. I have to say, with this being the case, the FedEx "playoff" format is just stupid. An upset is nearly impossible, and there's no drama as a result.

Edited by goose

Kisner playing with Baby today. After 6 straight pars Kis has birdied 7, 8 and 9 to get to 3 under. Baby is even for the day (2 birdies and 2 bogeys) and still even for the event... :dweez:

Kisner now 4 under... I wonder if he will get air time. First Phil shot just shown... Sigh

• Like 1

Kisner now 4 under... I wonder if he will get air time. First Phil shot just shown... Sigh

He is now 5 under with 2 holes left... :) Baby is still stuck in neutral... :LOL:
  • Like 1

So, Narp, I'm struggling with the whole "playoff" thing. Is it correct that even being a trunk-slammer, Spieth is in the hunt? Advancing is still based on total FedEx points for the year?

EDIT: despite the two missed cuts, Spieth is still in contention for the $10 million champion's bonus.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/13571249/jordan-spieth-main-takeaway-deutsche-bank-championship-missed-cut-staying-mentally-sharp

Answered my own question with a quick Google search. I have to say, with this being the case, the FedEx "playoff" format is just stupid. An upset is nearly impossible, and there's no drama as a result.

They have actually tweaked it some since last year. This year the playoff points are 4 times as much as a regular tour event last year they were worth 5 times as much. They were trying to give more weight to the players regular season performance this year and not so much to the playoffs. It still needs major tweaking in my view... Edited by Narps

Kisner is done. 5 under today.

Day double bogey....

Yep. Kisner did the same thing on 4 yesterday and made double. Kept going over one side of the green to the other...

Showing to much bullsh*t about "the bubble". I truly don't give a crap and can figure all that out when the round or event is over. I bet most folks feel the same...
  • Like 1

They have actually tweaked it some since last year. This year the playoff points are 4 times as much as a regular tour event last year they were worth 5 times as much. They were trying to give more weight to the players regular season performance this year and not so much to the playoffs. It still needs major tweaking in my view...

Why should regular season matter once you're in? That's like spotting a team 3 runs or two touchdowns for having the best record. Letting the top 5 skip the first tourney makes more sense.
  • Like 1

It doesn't seem to be Jason's day so far today... I wonder if he's running out of gas.

:( . Yep not such a good day yesterday. Lot's of coverage today (basically 11:30 am - 6:00 pm) so there should be alot of him on in the early coverage on The Golf Channel. I am hoping Kisner gets off to a better start today than he has been the previous 3 rounds and gets some love today and some airtime as well. He goes off at 12:15 with Gary Woodland and if he can make some early birds and gets up to 8 or 9 under on the front maybe they will show him some... :)
  • Like 1

It doesn't seem to be Jason's day so far today... I wonder if he's running out of gas.

:( . Yep not such a good day yesterday. Lot's of coverage today (basically 11:30 am - 6:00 pm) so there should be alot of him on in the early coverage on The Golf Channel. I am hoping Kisner gets off to a better start today than he has been the previous 3 rounds and gets some love today and some airtime as well. He goes off at 12:15 with Gary Woodland and if he can make some early birds and gets up to 8 or 9 under on the front maybe they will show him some... :)

I've been disappointed lately in the 'early' coverage by Golf Channel... showing too much of guys not in contention like Phil. Hopefully it will be better today. Yes, I agree they seem to be giving Kisner the cold shoulder for the most part, even when he is out scoring others who they are showing... Weird.

• Like 1

I've been disappointed lately in the 'early' coverage by Golf Channel... showing too much of guys not in contention like Phil. Hopefully it will be better today. Yes, I agree they seem to be giving Kisner the cold shoulder for the most part, even when he is out scoring others who they are showing... Weird.

Rory is gonna get some airtime when they first come on as he is 5 under through 10 holes today and will have some holes left when they come on the air. Phil will get plenty of airtime probably even though he has already made 3 bogeys in only 6 holes played today and is 2 over for the final round. We will see... :)
  • Like 1

Rory is gonna get some airtime when they first come on as he is 5 under through 10 holes today and will have some holes left when they come on the air. Phil will get plenty of airtime probably even though he has already made 3 bogeys in only 6 holes played today and is 2 over for the final round. We will see... :)

Rory making an early splash!

Rory making an early splash!

In an ocean unfortunately for him... :LOL:
  • Like 1