split from Rush Undecided on 2015 Tour

savagegrace26

I know this is very selfish of me to say, but this really gets me mad. My whole damn life I've come in at the tail end of everything. Apparently this will include Rush too. For all of you who have sat through three hour Rush concerts in the past, count your blessings. I think those days are over.

I don't begrudge Rush their retirement. They have worked very, very hard for many decades. But. Still...... :(

You can't blame Rush for that, they have toured for 40 years, you have had many chances to see them live.

How do you know that she had the chance? If she did, I'm sure she would have taken it:

Because she is from USA (atleast thats what I have heard), and Rush have been there maaaany times...

It costs money to go to a show.

Yes, but if she can't afford it, thats not Rush problem, right? She still have got a chance to see them.

That's very true. Women can make money very easily if they want to.

How are you not banned yet?

I wonder too.

Banned for speaking the truth? Ok...

Well I didn't say anything about Rush's wives. That's how you get banned.

You get banned for disrespecting other TRF members. Like you're doing right now.

Gee, can't imagine why you started that "dating section" thread in NWW. Grow the f*ck up.

I wasn't targeting anyone specifically in a disrespectful way.

So ban me right now then. I really don't f*cking care. You have this "power", so use it.

No, you never directly named Lorraine or any other TRF woman and suggest they take up prostitution, but your replies are disrespectful nonetheless. Try and be an adult and mind your surroundings.

And you "challenging" me to ban you is amusing. If you get to the point where you need to be kicked out the door, we won't need your permission. Again, grow up.

Think whatever you wish. I will say what I want. If it's "disrespectful" or "immature" in some peoples eyes so be it. Whether I intend it to be tongue in cheek or not. You quite frequently come off as an overt prick. I know you're a New Yorker and probably can't help it but so am I (on both counts).

Ooh, that's a nice big juicy piece of bait there...

Nice try. Grow up.

No bait. I just say it as I see it. "Adults" can handle it. As they should be able to handle stupid tongue-in-cheek remarks that do indeed have a basis in reality.

Most times its just better to swim away.....

Nah, he's getting off on challenging the board admin. Internet bavado is powerful to the "immature and disrespectful" (as he described himself) basement dweller.

I know this is very selfish of me to say, but this really gets me mad. My whole damn life I've come in at the tail end of everything. Apparently this will include Rush too. For all of you who have sat through three hour Rush concerts in the past, count your blessings. I think those days are over.

I don't begrudge Rush their retirement. They have worked very, very hard for many decades. But. Still...... :(

You can't blame Rush for that, they have toured for 40 years, you have had many chances to see them live.

How do you know that she had the chance? If she did, I'm sure she would have taken it:

Because she is from USA (atleast thats what I have heard), and Rush have been there maaaany times...

It costs money to go to a show.

Yes, but if she can't afford it, thats not Rush problem, right? She still have got a chance to see them.

That's very true. Women can make money very easily if they want to.

How are you not banned yet?

I wonder too.

Banned for speaking the truth? Ok...

Well I didn't say anything about Rush's wives. That's how you get banned.

You get banned for disrespecting other TRF members. Like you're doing right now.

Gee, can't imagine why you started that "dating section" thread in NWW. Grow the f*ck up.

I wasn't targeting anyone specifically in a disrespectful way.

So ban me right now then. I really don't f*cking care. You have this "power", so use it.

No, you never directly named Lorraine or any other TRF woman and suggest they take up prostitution, but your replies are disrespectful nonetheless. Try and be an adult and mind your surroundings.

And you "challenging" me to ban you is amusing. If you get to the point where you need to be kicked out the door, we won't need your permission. Again, grow up.

Think whatever you wish. I will say what I want. If it's "disrespectful" or "immature" in some peoples eyes so be it. Whether I intend it to be tongue in cheek or not. You quite frequently come off as an overt prick. I know you're a New Yorker and probably can't help it but so am I (on both counts).

Ooh, that's a nice big juicy piece of bait there...

Nice try. Grow up.

No bait. I just say it as I see it. "Adults" can handle it. As they should be able to handle stupid tongue-in-cheek remarks that do indeed have a basis in reality.

That you "see" it that way, and that you thought that "Women can make money very easily if they want to" was a good reality-based response -- to a woman -- says a lot about how much you know about being an "adult." Which isn't much, based on some of your posts here.

• Like 6

And I'm actually kind of offended that the insinuation that women voluntarily engaging in prostitution is automatically something negative and "offensive". Let's all grow up and try not to put down a group of people just because they choose to engage in a line of work that some don't necessarily agree with. Prostitutes are women too and deserve respect for their decisions, whetherothers deem them right or wrong. Edited by savagegrace26

And I'm actually kind of offended that the insinuation that women voluntarily engaging in prostitution is automatically something negative and "offensive". Let's all grow up and try not to put down a group of people just because they choose to engage in a line of work that some don't necessarily agree with. Prostitutes are women too and deserve respect for their decisions, whether they deem them right or wrong.

That rationale, and you saying "Women can make money very easily if they want to" when a female member of this board suggested the inability to afford Rush tickets, are two different things.

• Like 5

And I'm actually kind of offended that the insinuation that women voluntarily engaging in prostitution is automatically something negative and "offensive". Let's all grow up and try not to put down a group of people just because they choose to engage in a line of work that some don't necessarily agree with. Prostitutes are women too and deserve respect for their decisions, whetherothers deem them right or wrong.

Don't shift the focus.

I told you that it isn't the profession. It is the fact that you suggested, ever so subtlety, that I or any woman engage in it in order to get money to buy tickets to see Rush.

• Like 10

Nah, he's getting off on challenging the board admin.

Not at all. Stop trying to analyze me based on some basic troll psychology. I don't care if you're a moderator or Spaghetti Lee. Everyone's equal.

Thing is, you make plenty of good posts, so I wouldn't label you a "troll." But right now you are sure acting like one. Which is why we're having this pleasant conversation.

And I'm actually kind of offended that the insinuation that women voluntarily engaging in prostitution is automatically something negative and "offensive". Let's all grow up and try not to put down a group of people just because they choose to engage in a line of work that some don't necessarily agree with. Prostitutes are women too and deserve respect for their decisions, whetherothers deem them right or wrong.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Rice_straw.jpg
  • Like 2

And I'm actually kind of offended that the insinuation that women voluntarily engaging in prostitution is automatically something negative and "offensive". Let's all grow up and try not to put down a group of people just because they choose to engage in a line of work that some don't necessarily agree with. Prostitutes are women too and deserve respect for their decisions, whether they deem them right or wrong.

That rationale, and you saying "Women can make money very easily if they want to" when a female member of this board suggested the inability to afford Rush tickets, are two different things.

Don't shift the focus.

I told you that it isn't the profession. It is the fact that you suggested, ever so subtlety, that I or any woman engage in it in order to get money to buy tickets to see Rush.

Savage, notice those two replies to you, made at exactly the same time, saying exactly the same thing. Take the hint.

• Like 2

Savage, dude, your comment was out of line and you have to see that in hindsight... You really should apologize to Lorraine IMO...

I suspect that his "high and mighty not give a f**k" attitude he's displayed on the board over the months will keep him from doing so.

Savage, dude, your comment was out of line and you have to see that in hindsight... You really should apologize to Lorraine IMO...

I suspect that his "high and mighty not give a f**k" attitude he's displayed on the board over the months will keep him from doing so.

A quandry - the need to save face is an instinctive thing. I agree that an apology is in order - the right thing.

A quandry - the need to save face is an instinctive thing. I agree that an apology is in order - the right thing.

I would agree. That comment was very obviously aimed at Lorraine, and just as obviously derogatory to women in general. I will be very surprised if any sort of apology is offered up after what I've been reading here.

• Like 3

Most times, when a person says something and another person becomes hurt or offended by it, no matter how it was intended or how ambiguous the speaker may claim it was, it is customary to say "sorry" to the other person, as a gesture of good will, because you don't want the other person to feel bad or hurt or offended.

You may think the comment was blown out of proportion, or that it was a witty, offhand remark, or that it was "logical" or whatever the hell else. The point is, someone was taken aback, angered, and hurt. Saying "you misunderstood me" is just adding more insult, frankly.

An apology in this case is a form of validating the other person's feelings, which is not some new-age claptrap, but a proven means to build strong relationships.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 6

Women CAN make money very easily if they want to. I will completely stand by that. And if you want to consider that some kind of personal attack and/or to be deragtory then fine. I can't control anyone's perceptions or reactions.

And if you want to consider that statement "deragatory" toward women then you have to consider every female prostitute to have ever lived to be a lesser person than you. If anything is a "high and mighty" attitude, that is.

I owe no apology to anyone. Stop taking little "jokes" so seriously because I will get completely serious if I need to.

I don't think anyone wants you to lose your humor or your logic. It would be nice, however, if you could acknowledge that something you said caused offense. Saying you can't control people's perceptions is not quite true. You can think about what your remarks might produce; you can anticipate how some people might not take it lightly. And, if you are surprised by a reaction, you can make that little gesture that costs you nothing but will go a long way towards repairing the damage.
  • Like 4

I completely acknowledge that it caused offense and no, I am not surprised at all.

The intent was not "derogatory" though.

Just like some people get "offended" by cursing or consider it to be "childish".

You can't help how people are going to react to things and I'm not responsible for "damage" caused by others choose to interpret things.

I am surprised that people are talking about it this much though. Please. There's been far worse crap on here.

And I do not think a woman choosing to be a prostitute is a negative thing. It's her choice.

Edited by savagegrace26

If I delibetely said "Lorraine, maybe if you became a hooker in the past you've could've seen a few Rush concerts. You know it's the quickest way for a woman to make money!", that would have warranted an apology.

No argument there. Now, as for the other thing . . .

• Like 2