How come Buck Dharma never comes out when talking about axe men?

H. P. L.

I've always loved BOC and Buck Dharma in particular. He is a great melodic solo player. He makes more of an impact with fewer notes than many of his contemporaries but, when push comes to shove, he can thrash with the best of them.

He always suffered from being in a band that lost their direction about mid-career. Once they had written "Don't Fear the Reaper", the band could never quite decide the best direction forward. Though they released some great tunes afterwards, they were never able to put together a truly classic album in the later years.

• Like 3

Between yesterday and today I was playing some BOC, I'm actually trying to get back into the band, and it came to my mind that whenever a "Best guitarist" pool comes out, Roeser is never there with the usual gods. I mean, for all I hear, he can play a mean lead guitar and has a great sense of melody. Maybe his tone is a little "old", but that goes for a lot.

So, what do you think? Is he just underrated, or is he just flash?

HE IS A LEGEND! I catch BOC once a year!! Buck is the most underrated guitar player in the WORLD!! Vocally he is amazing too.

BOC IS IN MY TOP FIVE BANDS OF ALL TIME!!!

"Mirrors" is also one of the most underrated albums in the world!! "The Vigil" and "In Thee." Are you kidding me? EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally love Mirrors. Stylish guitar player whose time ended too early, considering the body of work.

He's still out there isn't he playing like a demon?? :guitar:

Hell yes! BOC is a touring machine!! They are touring right now! They have some 2015 dates too!!

They will tour until they die.

"DON'T FEAR THE REAPER" BUCK!

Yeah,

Saw BOC & BTO this past August at the Alaska State Fair. :hail:

That rules! I saw BTO open up for Van Hagar at the Cow Palace. Excellent! Van Hagar sucked!

I've always loved BOC and Buck Dharma in particular. He is a great melodic solo player. He makes more of an impact with fewer notes than many of his contemporaries but, when push comes to shove, he can thrash with the best of them.

He always suffered from being in a band that lost their direction about mid-career. Once they had written "Don't Fear the Reaper", the band could never quite decide the best direction forward. Though they released some great tunes afterwards, they were never able to put together a truly classic album in the later years.

I love every record and every song up to "Club Ninja." Sadly I never could get into "Imaginos" and beyond.

BOC RULES!

I'm sorry but every time someone mentions BOC I think of The Blue Oyster club from the Police Academy movies :P

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/4258571_o.gif

Hahahahaha!! That is frigging funny!! Gosh I love the first two Police Academy movies!!! CLASSIC!! I wish they were on bluray! "Blu Oyster Ray Club"

• Like 1

:bump:

Let's show Buck and Bloom a bit more love. Listen to the riffs on Stand And Fight on The Symbol Remains.

:haz: Approved!

• Like 2

:bump:

Let's show Buck and Bloom a bit more love. Listen to the riffs on Stand And Fight on The Symbol Remains.

:haz: Approved!

Indeed!!

4GVENUYQVNGEivJJFpjT3G-320-80.jpg

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2