New old Rush "The Loser"

Rushman14

I've watched both I've been running and The Loser enjoy both for historical value. However don't think there very good songs BUT Rush plays them well!!! If that makes sense.. ;)

IMO they are both decent, though I actually prefer IBR to its successor, Need Some Love.

This is the best I can make out so far . . . anyone else want to try to fill in the gaps? Many of these lines are probably wrong . . .

You never gave me a reason

Well why you lied to me

_______________with your teasin' baby

Doesn't bother me

Why didn't you tell me

That you really didn't love me

Why didn't you tell me

That you really don't need me

Oh no, you just turn away

I know you're lyin' and cheatin'

Well _____________

I kept hopin' babe

I was a-hopin' you would be mine

Why didn't you tell me, etc.

No, you just turn away

Da doo doo da da, da doo doo, doo doo yeah etc.

guitar solo

Da doo doo etc.

Oh no you just turn away

__________________?

Well believing you wanna change

But now I'm the loser

And I'm always losing your game

Why didn't you tell me etc.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Sounds like the second line is "as to why you left me" unless I am miss hearing it.

You could be right. It's hard to tell with these little laptop speakers.

What do you call a person who tries to work out lyrics from a 40 year old recording? A sound archaeologist?

• Like 2

I was always always really bad when it came to deciphering lyrics.

I just found out the other day that Mick Jagger was saying "demon eye" and not "evil eye" in the chorus to Sway. :cool:

Took me over thirty years to find out the lyrics to Twilight Time by the Moodies. I could never figure out what they were singing. :blink:

Anyway, thank you very much, Toymaker. :cheers:

I just found out the other day that Mick Jagger was saying "demon eye" and not "evil eye" in the chorus to Sway. :cool:

Took me over thirty years to find out the lyrics to Twilight Time by the Moodies. I could never figure out what they were singing. :blink:

You're welcome! Maybe someone with better ears than mine (they are very small) can revise and make the lyrics more accurate.

Edited by toymaker

So, Mick Jagger sways?

So, Mick Jagger sways?

Oh sure! He's a swayer from way back.

By the way, is that a peach or an apple? And I celebrate your nonconformity amid grueling old boys' club pressure. :cheers:

Edited by Lorraine

You do know that it exist a lot of lyrics-sites right? There you can search on songs and the lyrics are right there.

This is a good one: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rush/best+i+can_20119980.html

I use it all the time when I read Rush lyrics!

You do know that it exist a lot of lyrics-sites right? There you can search on songs and the lyrics are right there.

This is a good one: http://www.lyricsfre...n_20119980.html

Yes, but I am talking about before the internet. If a band didn't include the lyrics on the album jacket, I was pretty much lost, especially if the lead singer garbled the words as he slurred away.

Geddy is a very clear vocalist. Rarely do I have trouble deciphering what he is singing.

Edited by Lorraine

Yes, but I am talking about before the internet. If a band didn't include the lyrics on the album jacket, I was pretty much lost, especially if the lead singer garbled the words as he slurred away.

Geddy is a very clear vocalist. Rarely do I have trouble deciphering what he is singing.

I'm the same way. I still think the first line of Whole Lotta Love is "You need Kool-Aid"

• Like 3

I'm the same way. I still think the first line of Whole Lotta Love is "You need Kool-Aid"

That's a good example, because I'm here to tell you that I honestly don't know what he is saying. "You need [something]", but I don't know what. And the next line to me sounds like "I'm gonna send ya, back to schoolie."

When I got "Fly By Night" in 1984, there were no lyrics with the vinyl album. And I could not understand more than half of what Geddy was saying. By the way, I like the song. Sometimes simple rock and roll is refreshing. It's probably just me, but John Rutsey looks like a rougher version of "Keith Partridge" on Partridge Family. Edited by circumstantial tree
  • Like 2

When I got "Fly By Night" in 1984, there were no lyrics with the vinyl album. And I could not understand more than half of what Geddy was saying. By the way, I like the song. Sometimes simple rock and roll is refreshing. It's probably just me, but John Rutsey looks like a rougher version of "Keith Partridge" on Partridge Family.

I think it's the haircut. But I agree with you, he does look like David Cassidy's uglier brother.

When I got "Fly By Night" in 1984, there were no lyrics with the vinyl album. And I could not understand more than half of what Geddy was saying. By the way, I like the song. Sometimes simple rock and roll is refreshing. It's probably just me, but John Rutsey looks like a rougher version of "Keith Partridge" on Partridge Family.

I think it's the haircut. But I agree with you, he does look like David Cassidy's uglier brother.

Maybe the expression on his face. He sometimes has this expression like he's just seen something gruesome.

Maybe the exp<b></b>ression on his face. He sometimes has this exp<b></b>ression like he's just seen something gruesome.

I think that's just his normal look. :LOL: