Rank Clockwork Angels

savagegrace26

why does this exist:

BU2B2

It's a coda.

Yeah, but I feel they coulda put more effort into it rather than just strings + vocals. It would've made it a whole lot better if Alex just sat down and broke out his acoustic for a bit, nothing too crazy.

It's unfortunate, for me, that I just can't get into ANY of the songs on this album. Too many musical ideas and forced lyrics jammed into each song. If the producer wouldn't have been such a fanboi, he could've simplified and polished some of the songs. Shame really because bits and pieces are so brilliant...
  • Like 1

This is really difficult but I'll try.

1) The Garden

2) The Wreckers

3) BU2B

4) Caravan

5) Clockwork Angels

6) Seven Cities Of Gold

7) Headlong Fight

8) Carnies

9) The Anarchist

10) Wish Them Well

11) Halo Effect

12) BU2B2

Keep in mind, I love the entire album and ranking it is hard.

I'm surprised I never chimed in on this one previously. Here goes:

1. Headlong Flight

2. The Wreckers

3. Clockwork Angels

4. The Anarchist

5. Wish Them Well

6. Carnies

7. Caravan

8. BU2B

9. The Garden

10. Seven Cities of Gold

11. Halo Effect

12. BU2B2

For me, "Headlong Flight" just kicks major ass. Really brings Rush back to it's roots of the first 4 albums or so. This is one of my all-time Top 10 Rush songs.

I know others will be wondering why I rate "The Garden" so low. Well, at least it's not last. I find the song just too depressing. It's not the most depressing on the album. That would be "BU2B2". I've commented before that I can't understand why Rush would follow "Headlong" with "BU2B2". "Headlong" is so out there. So joyous. So pumped up. Then "BU2B2" comes on and geesh... where's that Suicide Hotline number? (I don't mean to make light of such things. I suffer depression like so many others.)

"The Garden" is the last song we'll ever get from Rush. Hopefully, Geddy and Alex will record together again, but it won't be Rush. So for "The Garden" to be the last song, and for it to be (to me) so depressing? I just can't rank it higher.

Below that, "Seven Cities" just doesn't do anything for me and "Halo Effect" is too slow and a bit boring.

1. The Garden

2. Caravan

3. The Wreckers

4. Headlong Flight

5. Wish Them Well

6. Clockwork Angels

7. Halo Effect

8. The Anarchist

9. Seven Cities of Gold

10. Carnies

11. BU2B

12. BU2B2