Top 20 Rush songs...

savagegrace26

It was just a question I threw out.

But I do think Steve Perry is a much more powerful and better singer.

Yeah, well he's mainly a singer so he better be. I generally don't like it when a band has a singer that does nothing but sing, but in some cases I can deal with it (like with Journey and Van Halen).

I can't stand that Dream Theater, such an instrumentation-focused band, has a pretty crappy lead singer that does nothing else but sing.

Geddy is by far a better singer/bassist than Steve Perry...

Is that a sitting duck in your avatar?

Yeah, well he's mainly a singer so he better be. I generally don't like it when a band has a singer that does nothing but sing, but in some cases I can deal with it (like with Journey and Van Halen).

I can't stand that Dream Theater, such an instrumentation-focused band, has a pretty crappy lead singer that does nothing else but sing.

Are you really a New Yorker?

http://www.roadsidea....com/story/2173

Edited by savagegrace26

Are you really a New Yorker?

http://www.roadsidea....com/story/2173

I know little about Long Island. Think I was there less than five times.

Technically Perry WAS a better singer...........But Ged had a voice suited for Rush........so yea. That's how i see it.

Mick

Yes. I would hate to hear Steve Perry cover Limelight.

Oh god.

How bout 70's ged wailing Open Arms? lol

Mick

Technically Perry WAS a better singer...........But Ged had a voice suited for Rush........so yea. That's how i see it.

Mick

Oh god.

Mick

I'd like to hear him do Escape.

• Like 1

Mick

Oh god.

Mick

Oh Sherry Ged would kick ass on.... :cool:
  • Like 1

Mick

Oh god.

Mick

Oh Sherry Ged would kick ass on.... :cool:

I think current Geddy could pull off Open Arms. It kind of reminds me of The Garden.

But what does any of this have to do with the Top 20 Rush songs???

What buffoon here changed the subject?

Nice word "buffoon". You come up with some good ones. Brings me back to the good old days.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Geddy covering Night Fever would be epic.

Actually, any classic Bee Gees song!

• Like 1

Geddy would be absolutely stunning in a three piece white suit!

I don't know what this is....

came up when I searched "geddy lee white suit" in google.

4058652516_41924f62a8_z.jpg

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

Geddy would be absolutely stunning in a three piece white suit!

I don't know what this is....

came up when I searched "geddy lee white suit" in google.

4058652516_41924f62a8_z.jpg

I guess it's someone named Geddy Lee in a white suit.

But he has no vest.

Not that it would have made a bit of difference. :sarcastic:

I think CA is far superior to VT in every aspect. But such is opionions. VT has two "great" songs with the title track and Earthshine. That's it.

I can agree with that but both productions blow in my view but for different reasons. I would listen to CA 1000 times before I would listen to VT once. Shocker I know.... :)

As far as productions...

VTRemix>>>CA>>>VT

The original VT mix is horrible.

CA is a little muddy, not great but not horrible either.

I really don't understand your issue with VT Remix though. Yes, it's a little "loud" (as are most mixes post 2000) but it has clarity and separation and every individual instrument is easily recognizable. It's almost on par with Counterparts as far as mixing and mastering goes (which means it sounds pretty damn good). My main criticism with it is the amount of reverb applied to Geddy's vocals on some tracks (Freeze in particular). I really don't get why you think it sounds awful.

Snakes and Arrows sounds pretty good too. Again, too hot and compressed (lacking some dynamic range) overall but it is clean and clear with just the right amount of punch.

I think it's mostly the YouTube... ;)

I think CA is far superior to VT in every aspect. But such is opionions. VT has two "great" songs with the title track and Earthshine. That's it.

I can agree with that but both productions blow in my view but for different reasons. I would listen to CA 1000 times before I would listen to VT once. Shocker I know.... :)

As far as productions...

VTRemix>>>CA>>>VT

I really don't understand your issue with VT Remix though. Yes, it's a little "loud" (as are most mixes post 2000) but it has clarity and separation and every individual instrument is easily recognizable. It's almost on par with Counterparts as far as mixing and mastering goes (which means it sounds pretty damn good). My main criticism with it is the amount of reverb applied to Geddy's vocals on some tracks (Freeze in particular). I really don't get why you think it sounds awful.

Snakes and Arrows sounds pretty good too. Again, too hot and compressed (lacking some dynamic range) overall but it is clean and clear with just the right amount of punch.

What?

As far as productions...

VTRemix>>>CA>>>VT

If you are referring to me and VT it sounds like sh*t every way I have listened to it so.... :huh: :)
  • Like 1

As far as productions...

VTRemix>>>CA>>>VT

If you are referring to me and VT it sounds like sh*t every way I have listened to it so.... :huh: :)

Give this a try...analog vinyl through compressed digital Youtube sound...what's the point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fplzYq6mUCU

As far as productions...

VTRemix>>>CA>>>VT

"get's ready for a VT rant"

Um.......nope no......i've said enough about this sybject.

"bites lip and slinks away"

Cough.....shitball record......cough.

Mick

• Like 1

I'm gonna try to attempt this very difficult task. As soon as I hit "submit" I'm sure I will have changed my mind about some. These are my top 20...

1. Vital Signs

2. Subdivisions

3. Red Barchetta

4. Marathon

5. Bravado

6. Tom Sawyer

7. Freewill

8. Cygnus X1 Book II: Hemispheres

9. The Spirit of Radio

10. Limelight

11. Xanadu

12. Animate