Call me crazy, but I prefer the old Vapor Trails.

Coltonz

freeze blows.... sorry to those who like it.. and how it is ... wasn't doing it for me.

I agree. Some people think it's their best instrumental. I don't get it... at all.

I really hope you're being sarcastic because otherwise someone might want to let you in on the fact that Freeze isn't an instrumental...

Also, it's a great song that ties in nicely with the Fear series, especially lyrically. The post-chorus bridges are terrific. Sometimes I feel like not being able to connect to some of their lyrics is like saying you aren't human. I'm not being judgemental here, really, but I mean who the hell hasn't felt like that?

"I'm not prepared to run away and I'm not prepared to fight."

Sounds like money hiding time in the lunch line.

• Like 1

Out of the Cradle is one of the better tracks on VT

Surely you jest. To me, that is one of the worst songs that Rush ever wrote

• Like 1

I haven't heard the remix yet. It makes no sense to me to buy an album I've already paid for. :|

To me, many of the songs are better on the the original like OLV and Earthshine. They loose their punch on the remix.

• Like 2

I had found a remix on youtube before the official one came out. I've been listening to that one ever since... I bought the official remix, it's still wrapped in its packaging because the few bits and pieces (Of added stuff) i heard wrecked the album for me..... Sorry.....

I just overlapped the original Freeze with the remixed Freeze. Only thing I changed was lowering the original track by 6 decibels because it was so damn loud. How does this sound to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUZuKkAEYLk&feature=youtu.be

That was pretty cool!

When the remix first came out it was decided to to always listen to both consecutively so I would always be familar with the differences, but as I did that I noticed I liked the original much better. I don't really listen to the remix that much anymore.

I know the band signed off on it and sanctioned it, but I question just how much they were involved in the process of the creative choices that were made. Especially since they are on record as hesitant to revisit that period.

One of the cool things about Rush is the context in which they work and the rexmix pretty much destroys anything that was there so while the remix may more pleasing sonically, many of the reasons I love the album in the first place got lost somewhere along the way. I jokingly refer to the remix as FrankenTrails myself.