Money can't buy happiness...

KennyLee

I need a cheeseburger! :D

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111144096/3652797-5810119832-giant.jpg

I don't see any cheese on that.

This guy ate it all:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Slaov-G2H20/maxresdefault.jpg

So wait, 73 tells you to cool it with the hot women pics, and this is how you rebel?

• Like 1

What's this thread about now? I just want to make the appropriate post.

How cheeseburgers and beer makes us happy.

Now go find the perfect gif to express this.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper
  • Like 1

It was serious but no longer apparently....

It was serious but no longer apparently....

Threads devolve, dude. It's bigger than any of us.

I guess you're right. Time for some football anyway.... :)

Me at any restaurant, if my date be poor or loaded:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/yum.gif

• Like 1

So whether it's McDonald's or lobster, you're in.

Yeah, just feed me.

Money can buy....stuff...

http://img.izismile.com/img/img3/20100629/640/inside_a_hoarders_640_12.jpg

But apparently not housecleaners.

Some people just don't have the room...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/21/article-2076822-0F37317700000578-234_634x409.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article8622227.ece/alternates/w620/22-serioushealth-si.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, just feed me.

With this?

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/1244388_10151979604323132_1670101113_o_zps4e26d2e7.jpg

Or this?

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/20140906_121431_zpsfilfvw1l.jpg

• Like 1

Money can buy security, which for some means happiness. Sure money eliminates stress and worry to a degree. Both things to be happy about, but true happiness comes from inside. Its a feeling that goes beyond mere security. Plenty of rich people are depressed. Plenty of rich people take drugs. Plenty of rich people commit suicide. Some may think money solves all problems and calms your inner demons. It doesn't. When someone has all the money they need and they are still not content and happy inside where do they go from there?

In my estimation, money makes certain aspects of life easier to deal with but in no way does it buy happiness. In my opinion one thing brings happiness on the highest level possible. Love. To feel true love, and to be able to love others unselfishly.

Without my wife and daughter I don't think I could ever be happy no matter how much money I had. They make my life worth living, not money.

In conclusion...money can't stop you from falling ill. It can't heal someone you love and protect them. It can make you feel loved, nor can it provide you with the ability to love. It can make you feel more secure, but it can not buy happiness.

• Like 8

Money can buy security, which for some means happiness. Sure money eliminates stress and worry to a degree. Both things to be happy about, but true happiness comes from inside. Its a feeling that goes beyond mere security. Plenty of rich people are depressed. Plenty of rich people take drugs. Plenty of rich people commit suicide. Some may think money solves all problems and calms your inner demons. It doesn't. When someone has all the money they need and they are still not content and happy inside where do they go from there?

In my estimation, money makes certain aspects of life easier to deal with but in no way does it buy happiness. In my opinion one thing brings happiness on the highest level possible. Love. To feel true love, and to be able to love others unselfishly.

Without my wife and daughter I don't think I could ever be happy no matter how much money I had. They make my life worth living, not money.

In conclusion...money can't stop you from falling ill. It can't heal someone you love and protect them. It can make you feel loved, nor can it provide you with the ability to love. It can make you feel more secure, but it can not buy happiness.

While I agree that if you are a miserable person without money you will be a miserable person with money, the truth remains that money can buy happiness.

Let me 'splain.

I have an amazing wife and three great (truly great) kids. I am very happy that they are in my life and that they are all blessed with certain traits and talents. Good looking kids (from their mother) and amazing athletes/ musicians.

Where money could buy happiness is that I could afford to nurture these talents without skimping on other aspects. By sending my son to a skating clinic that he really wanted to go to to improve his game. To travel with the team on tournaments that require hotels. He is usually the only kid who has to miss a few of those tournaments. He had one last year in Lake Placid where a parent was gracious enough to drive him up and let him stay in their room... but I missed it and LOVE watching him play.

My youngest is an absolute star. 5 years old (in his 3rd season) and plays in the 8 and under division. Highest scorer on his team this season. A AAA team has approached him to recruit him (yes, at 5 years old) which is how you start your journey to top 10 college play. I pay over $1000 a season for his fees now. AAA would cost $4500 per season. No can do.

I have missed quite a few games and my oldest son's shows (killer guitar player) due to having to work overtime to afford all of this. It takes me away on weekends to a different state. It helps pay for all of it but takes me away from the people I do it for.

I know what you mean about being happy and it coming from inside but if you are miserable with the money you need to nurture your children and still spend time with them then, you're right. You are just a miserable pr**k. In my case, the only thing in the way of my complete happiness is money.

My wife and I got into some financial trouble years ago due to a job shift and poor economy (I was a self employed contractor). We never recovered. If Bill Gates sent me a check for $20,000 life would be good forever. We make decent money but can't get our heads above water.

Sorry, maybe this was too much info but keeping it inside gives me a headache.

• Like 4

While I agree that if you are a miserable person without money you will be a miserable person with money, the truth remains that money can buy happiness.

Let me 'splain.

I have an amazing wife and three great (truly great) kids. I am very happy that they are in my life and that they are all blessed with certain traits and talents. Good looking kids (from their mother) and amazing athletes/ musicians.

Where money could buy happiness is that I could afford to nurture these talents without skimping on other aspects. By sending my son to a skating clinic that he really wanted to go to to improve his game. To travel with the team on tournaments that require hotels. He is usually the only kid who has to miss a few of those tournaments. He had one last year in Lake Placid where a parent was gracious enough to drive him up and let him stay in their room... but I missed it and LOVE watching him play.

My youngest is an absolute star. 5 years old (in his 3rd season) and plays in the 8 and under division. Highest scorer on his team this season. A AAA team has approached him to recruit him (yes, at 5 years old) which is how you start your journey to top 10 college play. I pay over $1000 a season for his fees now. AAA would cost $4500 per season. No can do.

I have missed quite a few games and my oldest son's shows (killer guitar player) due to having to work overtime to afford all of this. It takes me away on weekends to a different state. It helps pay for all of it but takes me away from the people I do it for.

I know what you mean about being happy and it coming from inside but if you are miserable with the money you need to nurture your children and still spend time with them then, you're right. You are just a miserable pr**k. In my case, the only thing in the way of my complete happiness is money.

My wife and I got into some financial trouble years ago due to a job shift and poor economy (I was a self employed contractor). We never recovered. If Bill Gates sent me a check for $20,000 life would be good forever. We make decent money but can't get our heads above water.

Sorry, maybe this was too much info but keeping it inside gives me a headache.

These are both great posts and I couldn't agree more. KennyLee, I get the hockey too. My two boys played travel for about 6-7 years, that was a lot of money over the years, and time. I miss a lot of the kids things from Jan- Apr, I'm the IT guy at an accounting firm and we work six days a week during tax season.

I always thought this was funny:

Money can't be happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

• Like 2