Tony Stewart runs over another racer who is on foot, kills him.

KenJennings

I say let's put all these pussies in a cage and see who is really "intimidating." What a joke.
  • Like 1

I say let's put all these pussies in a cage and see who is really "intimidating." What a joke.

http://x3.cdn03.imgwykop.pl/c3201142/comment_QvuXTc3URL5dnRrS3jVis5JXhplK6tQR.gif

This is the EXACTLY the correct animated gif if you need a 3500 pound car to be a tough guy.

http://x3.cdn03.imgwykop.pl/c3201142/comment_QvuXTc3URL5dnRrS3jVis5JXhplK6tQR.gif

This is the EXACTLY the correct animated gif if you need a 3500 pound car to be a tough guy.

Are you posting in this thread for some specific reason? Because I really don't see much point in what you're saying beyond being distasteful, rude, and condescending.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

The next time there's a tragedy surrounding some community that you're involved in, I just hope you realize that I'm not going to walk in, ignorant of the facts, call the victims of the incident pussies, and furthermore degrade the activity. I'll go ahead and show the mourning community some respect.

But you're into fighting, right? So that means you can just hold that over anyone else because fighters can beat up anyone else. Nobody who doesn't fight is just a pussy held up to your standards.

Just like the f***ing schoolyard bully...

Edited by KenJennings

Are you posting in this thread for some specific reason? Because I really don't see much point in what you're saying beyond being distasteful, rude, and condescending.

I am posting in this thread because I am a member of the forum and have that right. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I find the idea of these slightly oversized jockeys engaging in real physical contact to be laughable. And I am using this forum to laugh.

The next time there's a tragedy surrounding some community that you're involved in, I just hope you realize that I'm not going to walk in, ignorant of the facts, call the victims of the incident pussies, and furthermore degrade the activity. I'll go ahead and show the mourning community some respect.

But you're into fighting, right? So that means you can just hold that over anyone else because fighters can beat up anyone else. Nobody who doesn't fight is just a pussy held up to your standards.

Just like the f***ing schoolyard bully...

Wrong, wrong and wrong. I don't really care about the activity (because I think we all know it isn't a sport). If you want fighting in your sport, then be a fighter. These sissy slap-fests in the pit are an insult to folks that do.

And I never said that "nobody who doesn't fight is just a pussy held up to your standards." Quit inventing quotes, Reb ... errr, Ken.

Edited by Finding IT

Incidentally, schoolyard bullies don't meet skilled fighters on neutral ground. They are more likely to run folks over with a car.

Slack jaw, do you know what tear-offs are in dirt track racing?

Anyways, they are laminated plastic sheets that cover their goggles/helmet and they are torn off periodically (sometimes every lap) to remove the dirt so the driver can continue to see. Even if ward and tony BOTH removed a dirty sheet before the incident how hard do you think it was for ward to judge distance from cars wearing these and how easy do you think it was for tony to see him on that track? You really need to get ALL the facts before weighing in. That track is a small time operation and is not lit like a nascar track. These cars design makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to see what is happening on the right side of car. These cars do not handle just like street cars. They are not easy to maneuver during yellows since everything is tuned for max speed and they are on dirt. You have to add throttle to make it move left.

• Like 2

Having said everything in previous post I still think it's silly that a pro is out there racing and it should be stopped. You don't see pro football players showing up at high school football games and knocking less experienced/talented players around on weekends so I don't think nascar or f1 types should do what amounts to the same thing.

That being said, I cannot believe that this was done on purpose.

My assumption is that the people who say he accelerated and therefore did it on purpose were not aware of this.

No one has said this, nor would any sane person.

I did not mean in this thread. On FB and media comments people are saying that they think he hit the kid on purpose because he revved his engine.

I admittedly know nothing about racing. From that perspective, getting out of your car and posturing in front of a car with minimal visibility on an unstable terrain seemed like the dumbest thing done that day.

Incidentally, schoolyard bullies don't meet skilled fighters on neutral ground. They are more likely to run folks over with a car.

Bullies take advantage of those in a weakened state to get their own pleasure.

Like taking advantage of two people who were just involved in a terrible accident, or mocking an entire community who is mourning, so you that you get your cheap laugh.

Edited by KenJennings

My grandpa drove a tow truck at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds racetrack for years. This meant that I grew up getting to spend a lot of time in the infield at the facility during races. I spent time around names like Dick Trickle, Dave Marcis, Scott Wimmer, even the occasional Rusty Wallace or Mark Martin. There was a long stretch of time through the 90s where I think I was at every race at that track...

Around this time of year in 1998, I was 12 years old. I was watching the race, especially following Adam Petty, the grandson of NASCAR legend Richard Petty. Adam was touted as the next big thing, a driver to watch... and I was very excited to get to see him race. Petty was running toward the front of the field, and pulled into the pits to change right side tires. When the front tire changer ran around the front end of the car, the air hose hung up under the front bumper. so he quickly got down on his belly, and reached under the car to free it up...

...and that's when the jack dropped.

There I was, sitting in the grandstands, not more then 100 feet away. Watching intently, as the jack dropped on that poor guy, and the car ran him over, dragging his body a short distance down pit road, before coming loose and tumbling to a stop. It is one of the defining moments in my life. It is the only time I have ever actually witnessed death. And to a kid 12 years old, it scared me and broke my heart.

I think about that jackman from time to time. I don't know who he is, or anything about him. I don't know if he's still in the business, or if he continued on after that race. But I think about that poor man. He has to live knowing that his error killed someone. I know what it's like to lose a friend. But I can't imagine the pain that someone would feel knowing that they were responsible for it. I think about Adam Petty... who tragically died on track in New Hampshire 2 years later. I wonder how he felt, knowing- through no fault of his own- that he ran over his team member.

When I watched this accident with Stewart and Ward Saturday night, I was transformed right back to that kid in the grandstands. And I've shed quite a few tears thinking about this in the past few days. I am a member, however insignificant, of the racing community. I've actually spent time turning wrenches, and unloading cars off trailers. I understand this world, and more importantly, I feel for its participants. We lost one of our own on Saturday night, and I can't help but feel like we've got another one in the balance.

I've never met Tony Stewart, but I've been there to watch him race on multiple occasions. I know the kind of guy he is, and I can't even imagine the pain he's in right now. I'm hurting to think about this incident. This isn't the time to play the blame game, to score cheap points, or to otherwise armchair quarterback the situation. It's just a terrible, terrible tragedy.

I really wish people would think about this for what it is, rather than putting down things that they don't understand.

• Like 5

Bullies take advantage of those in a weakened state to get their own pleasure.

Like taking advantage of two people who were just involved in a terrible accident, or mocking an entire community who is mourning, so you that you get your cheap laugh.

Back in the day,

At some point you had to take them on or things would only get worse. Win or lose, at least for me they either left you alone and respected you to some degree. Some acuually became friends.

Edited by troutman

Slackjaw have you seen the pictures of these cars on the last page. They are perfect proof of how limited your view is out the right side of the car.

If the driver's eyeballs are a foot above his head. Check my avatar for a perfect example. (Objects in the picture are much closer than they appear)

Slackjaw have you seen the pictures of these cars on the last page. They are perfect proof of how limited your view is out the right side of the car.

If the driver's eyeballs are a foot above his head. Check my avatar for a perfect example. (Objects in the picture are much closer than they appear)

This is arguing without an argument at this point. Trollish to say the least. It's ok to admit you don't have all the facts sometimes

But your pic. is not any where close to the situation where this tragedy happened. It was at night, different lighting, cars, and a dirt track. Every track is different in it's own way.

I really wish people would think about this for what it is, rather than putting down things that they don't understand.

The head under the white helmet in my avatar is mine. I understand more than you think. No one here has a greater appreciation of the sport or the skill it takes to be on top of it. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't base beliefs on hopes.

I said right off the bat to pay attention to what drivers don't say. If I was behind Stewart and he did nothing to contribute to the death, I'd be on every show in the country saying that. I hope a driver that was behind him comes out and says that. I'd believe him. If no driver goes to bat for him...that speaks incredibly loudly.

The head under the white helmet in my avatar is mine. I understand more than you think. No one here has a greater appreciation of the sport or the skill it takes to be on top of it. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't base beliefs on hopes.

I said right off the bat to pay attention to what drivers don't say. If I was behind Stewart and he did nothing to contribute to the death, I'd be on every show in the country saying that. I hope a driver that was behind him comes out and says that. I'd believe him. If no driver goes to bat for him...that speaks incredibly loudly.

I guess only time will tell,

But it's no excuse for the guy getting out of his car and walking out on to the track. Emotions got the best of him.

My grandpa drove a tow truck at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds racetrack for years. This meant that I grew up getting to spend a lot of time in the infield at the facility during races. I spent time around names like Dick Trickle, Dave Marcis, Scott Wimmer, even the occasional Rusty Wallace or Mark Martin. There was a long stretch of time through the 90s where I think I was at every race at that track...

Around this time of year in 1998, I was 12 years old. I was watching the race, especially following Adam Petty, the grandson of NASCAR legend Richard Petty. Adam was touted as the next big thing, a driver to watch... and I was very excited to get to see him race. Petty was running toward the front of the field, and pulled into the pits to change right side tires. When the front tire changer ran around the front end of the car, the air hose hung up under the front bumper. so he quickly got down on his belly, and reached under the car to free it up...

There I was, sitting in the grandstands, not more then 100 feet away. Watching intently, as the jack dropped on that poor guy, and the car ran him over, dragging his body a short distance down pit road, before coming loose and tumbling to a stop. It is one of the defining moments in my life. It is the only time I have ever actually witnessed death. And to a kid 12 years old, it scared me and broke my heart.

I think about that jackman from time to time. I don't know who he is, or anything about him. I don't know if he's still in the business, or if he continued on after that race. But I think about that poor man. He has to live knowing that his error killed someone. I know what it's like to lose a friend. But I can't imagine the pain that someone would feel knowing that they were responsible for it. I think about Adam Petty... who tragically died on track in New Hampshire 2 years later. I wonder how he felt, knowing- through no fault of his own- that he ran over his team member.

When I watched this accident with Stewart and Ward Saturday night, I was transformed right back to that kid in the grandstands. And I've shed quite a few tears thinking about this in the past few days. I am a member, however insignificant, of the racing community. I've actually spent time turning wrenches, and unloading cars off trailers. I understand this world, and more importantly, I feel for its participants. We lost one of our own on Saturday night, and I can't help but feel like we've got another one in the balance.

I've never met Tony Stewart, but I've been there to watch him race on multiple occasions. I know the kind of guy he is, and I can't even imagine the pain he's in right now. I'm hurting to think about this incident. This isn't the time to play the blame game, to score cheap points, or to otherwise armchair quarterback the situation. It's just a terrible, terrible tragedy.

OK, I get it now. Normally, you never get emotional in your posts, and I was trying to figure out why you were so emotional on this issue. This explains it all. Wow! That incident really scarred you for life. I'm sure you've been catching hell in real life from the Tony haters out there. Hang in there dude.
  • Like 2

OK, I get it now. Normally, you never get emotional in your posts, and I was trying to figure out why you were so emotional on this issue. This explains it all. Wow! That incident really scarred you for life. I'm sure you've been catching hell in real life from the Tony haters out there. Hang in there dude.

:goodone: second that....

Can you create a new avatar pic with a view from your helmet in a dirt car track at night with lower lighting on a turn with a black clad racer about 20-30 degrees to your right?

• Like 5