Food in Paris

x1yyz

Paris is no different from any other city; you get good food and you get bad food. During my stay I lived in the Nation area, and was lucky to find a simple and cheap french restaurant. I can't remember how much I paid but I could easily have ordered a second dish, so I wasn't being ripped off. That place was the culinary highlight of the stay. I tell you that salmon was the best I've ever had!

I think the problem is that in the center of the city (downtown seems so wrong a word for some reason) they see so many turists come by so they get complacent. You want something good to eat? Go where the french go. It may not be the same place as the tourists.

As for Paris in general ... hmm hard to say. I'd recommend people going to Berlin instead. That place is just buzzing with energy :).

Edit: I wanted to add that I love the french language and the french people. They really don't deserve the bad rep they got. :finbar:

Was it wild Salmon?,

And where was it from? :D

Mmmmmm. I actually think summer steelhead taste even better than salmon!

Paris is no different from any other city; you get good food and you get bad food. During my stay I lived in the Nation area, and was lucky to find a simple and cheap french restaurant. I can't remember how much I paid but I could easily have ordered a second dish, so I wasn't being ripped off. That place was the culinary highlight of the stay. I tell you that salmon was the best I've ever had!

I think the problem is that in the center of the city (downtown seems so wrong a word for some reason) they see so many turists come by so they get complacent. You want something good to eat? Go where the french go. It may not be the same place as the tourists.

As for Paris in general ... hmm hard to say. I'd recommend people going to Berlin instead. That place is just buzzing with energy :).

Edit: I wanted to add that I love the french language and the french people. They really don't deserve the bad rep they got. :finbar:

Was it wild Salmon?,

Was it wild Salmon?,

But that's not my questions. :LOL:

But since you brought it up. Is the Steelhead wild or farm raised? :P

Was it wild Salmon?,

Was it wild Salmon?,

Wild! Although where I grew up summer steelhead fishing, we had to let go the ones that werent fin clipped, as they were "Natives" The hatchery fish had the adipose fin clipped when they were little, but were just as wild.

I have heard that the native fish taste just as good. Summer steelhead is the ultimate fish IMO

Was it wild Salmon?,

Was it wild Salmon?,

Wild! Although where I grew up summer steelhead fishing, we had to let go the ones that werent fin clipped, as they were "Natives" The hatchery fish had the adipose fin clipped when they were little, but were just as wild.

I have heard that the native fish taste just as good. Summer steelhead is the ultimate fish IMO

I don't want to get off track here but,

Hatchery fish are not wild. Here is just one article about the situation between them and wild fish.

http://phys.org/news/2012-05-hatchery-fish.html

Was it wild Salmon?,

One moment, be right back :P

• Like 1

I don't know who to say thanks or how to say it, but even though so many years have passed I as an european citizen is deeply grateful for all the sacrifices made for the people in Europe and the following generations. Thank you.

That made me cry.

• Like 2

When in a new place or country, I like to try and do like Anthony Bourdain does.

Drink like a fish and eat with the locals.

• Like 2

When in a new place or country, I like to try and do like Anthony Bourdain does.

Can I eat like a fish and drink with the locals instead? :LOL:

Can I eat like a fish and drink with the locals instead? :LOL:

Sure. Why not? Just make sure you have a lot of fun!

• Like 1